Pox Wars

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mortemdeus, May 27, 2014.

1. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I foresee this type of thing still not working out in the end although it will be another good attempt at a good idea.

One of the main issues is that players tend to be on at different times and intervals making it hard to effectively play in these types of tournaments without loosing steam.

Since I do like these types of ideas I'll offer up some brainstorming...

What if instead of having to play specific people in the tournament you simply base it off of faction points from ranked games played. This way you can participate anytime regardless. Bounties/additional points can be offered when actually playing against someone in the tournament which can easily be proven by match history.

Example-
    Setup:
    All factions get a general which allocates points toward attacking/defending at the end of a round.
    Faction soldiers rack up faction points to be used at the end of the round by the generals.
    Extra points are awarded to players who actually do beat someone signed up for the tourney proven by match history.

Rounds:
    Start of the round is marked by noting all current faction point totals for each player in the tourney.
    Bonus points are noted for by the winning player when defeating another tourney player (match history proven).
    End of the round is marked by noting all the new faction point totals for each player in the tourney.
    Faction Points are totaled and Generals then secretly allocate invade/defend points on provinces.
    After all generals submit plans results are posted and new round starts.

No bg limitations unless you want to make it an on your honor thing but that tends to not work so well. Best to call it how it is to avoid rough feelings.

2. mortemdeus

mortemdeus Member

I completely agree that this will likely be another failed attempt, however, if we can even start and get a few games in we can hammer at it some more. The initial idea seems to be quite popular with quite a few players (not mine but apo's). Though I like an aspect of your idea, hope you don't mind if I adjust it a little though.

How does this sound, instead of attacking one territory you skirmish against anybody you share a border with? You and your opponent score points as usual but only the winner gets a point (or two or whatever) for their side against the opponent. This way whoever wins helps their faction gain territory and everybody has 2-3 times as many people to play against. Every round we total the points for the week and give factions territory based on their score.

So, I play spieky and lose, he scores a point for SP against FW. Then XFurionsX plays shivet and wins, scoring a point for FW against SP. At weeks end FW and SP are tied at 1 point each so no territory is taken. Next round I beat spieky and shivet but shivet beats XFurionsX. At weeks end FW has 2 points against SP and SP has one point against FW, FW wins the border battle for the round and gains one territory in SP.

3. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

Good luck to you and the participants. Have some fun and take notes on how to improve the tourney.
    I'm sure there will be a lot more willing people to play once the revamp is done!

4. HardyGames32

HardyGames32 I need me some PIE!

I'm actually in game Hardy and I'm limited :)

5. mortemdeus

mortemdeus Member

Thanks for the catch, not sure how I missed it.

6. mortemdeus

mortemdeus Member

Maxwell, chickenpox, boozha, loyaute, yobanchi, any of you want to join in? We have a few empty factions yet and round 1 is still slated to start tomorrow (and last two weeks to get everything straightened out) Not that now is the only time to join in, just wanted to know if I can add you to the rosters.

7. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

8. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

The demise of the last one left me kind of disappointed. Also, little time right now.

9. mortemdeus

mortemdeus Member

understandable, if this works at all feel free to join in later too ^.^

10. maxwell3094

maxwell3094 The King of Potatoes

Well doesn't look like anyone else is going to so ill join UD. Good excuse to level stuff for it I guess.

11. mortemdeus

mortemdeus Member

Thanks ^.^ and after round 1 if we have the people for it we can do a quick team shift.

12. mortemdeus

mortemdeus Member

maxwell3094 and chickenpox, what are your in game names?

13. maxwell3094

maxwell3094 The King of Potatoes

IGN is maxwell34. unranked.