Poxnora Pen and Paper RPG

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Jonny ~ Legendary Raiders, Sep 14, 2014.

?

Would be interested in playing?

1. yes

26.3%
  2. no

5.3%
  3. if you don't totally screw it up i may

68.4%
  1. ok so here is a first draft of a basic playable race
    instead of getting all fancy with Bane Shift that doesn't needed to be added I said screw it and went with what was already there.
    any race will have base stats equal to the average of all the current runes of that race + mods
    DMG = average / 2, SPD = average +2 HP = average
    how much nora a PR needs to consume to level up will be the average cost of the runes of that race the current Max level is 12 it will be up to your DM if he will alow you to go over that limit
    when a PR is created that person will be given a set number of nora to use to purchase equipment and armour which determine total DMG, RNG, DEF, and SPD debuffs
    Abilities: instead of picking some abilities or classes I think it would be best if a player can just choose anything that is available to his race if the ability is ranked that person just has to start with the begging rank and may upgrade it later. i will demonstrate this in my sample race: BOK because I know and love them more than any other race. now not all abilities that are available to a race can be used for example abilities that give +DMG every time a friendly unit dies... well if you are a scum sucking ******* that gets off on your friends dying then by all means pick it but bottom line things like that will be up to your DM. another example is scorn... there are no shrines so no reason to take this.
    Magic: with the exception of spells that have no point to cast all PRs have the ability when they level up to take a Cast: (spell) ability at the cost of 3AP and 4CD so a player if they so choose can be entirely a spell caster if that is what they wish.

here is my sample PR so that you can get an Idea of what I mean, nothing is set in stone so don't get pissed cause its not perfect.

Bok

Base Stats
    DMG SPD RNG DEF HP
    5 8 1 0 46

Leveling guide ~ leveling a Bok Requires the consumption of 77 nora. once per level the PC may choose one skill at the begging rank(or upgrade a ranked skill already chosen). Stat increase: Boks gain +5 hp every level and +2 DMG every 4 levels.

-skills-
    (Flight)(sentry 2) <-automatically come with
    Absorb
    Aerial Supremacy
    Battle master (1-3)
    Berserk Attack (1-3)
    Bleed
    Block (1-2)
    Charm (1-3)
    Command: Dodge
    Detection (1-3)
    Enrage (1-3)
    Flamestrike (1)
    Immunity: Fire
    Immunity: Psychic
    Initiative (1)
    Opportunistic
    Precision*
    Riposte (1-3)
    Shield Throw
    Soften
    Subsume
    Throw Axe
    Tormented
    *Attacks that would normally hit do not miss
    ** Any gains in DMG in battle that do not have a turn limit vanish when the battle ends

[promotion to Hekatian] at level 6 this PR may gain [Hekatian] and has access to special skills. a skill from

this area may be choosen this level.
    Battle Leader
    Blood Dispersal
    Bloodlust
    Bloodseeker
    Counter Attack: Ranged
    Drain (1-2)
    Drive
    Fearless
    Fury
    Impaling Strike
    Invigorate (1)
    Iron Will
    Lifedrinker
    Pet: Screaming Imp
    Pummel
    Punish
    Rend (2)
    Thirst for Battle
    Unstoppable
    Void Shield
    Void Touch

then the PR can Equip a sword for +5 DMG or whip for +4 DMG RNG 1-2 or a bow for +3 DMG RNG 3-6 to bring their DMG to a viable amount OR as an option to a different race can choose no weapons and take an ability that gives them a bonus to ATK while unarmed

armor will add a SPD debuff to limit is use and keep it balanced. I.E. player one chooses to where a Demon shield for -1 SPD (+5 DEF vs. Ranged) whereas player 2 chooses to wear a helm, boots, shield, and heavy mail for -5 SPD +6 DEF, meanwhile player three the caster chooses to wear no armour and go running around in a bikini slinging spells with her awesome 8 SPD

2. thoughts, likes, dislikes, suggestions?

3. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

will we be giving our own abilities to level up to depending on what race we pick?

never played D&D so excuse me if I need a few explanations.

4. every level you will get a stat bonus based on race and an ability of your choosing. anything that is available to your race. you can pull that off any rune that exists. for example if I made a Bok at level 2 she would get +5 HP and an ability I would choose Riposte rank 1 taken from Bok Gaurdian. at level 3 she would get another +5 HP and another ability this time say Block rank 1. at level 4 she would gain +5 HP, +2 DMG, and another ability Throw Axe. now for abilities like that your PR would need to purchase throwing axes in order to throw them. but that is basically how it would work

at level 4 I would have a Bok

DMG SPD RNG DEF HP
    11 7 1-3 0 61

Equipment
    Hate leach +4 DMG, RNG 1-3, Life Siphon, (at the begging of this champions turn this champion looses 4 HP)
    Demon's Sheild -1 SPD, (+5 DEF vs. Range)
    Throwing Axe x5, Ammo (when the number of axes is depleted this champion can no longer use the skill throw axe), Retrievable (when this item is thrown at an enemy when that enemy is killed they drop this axe any champion that retrieves the nora globe the enemy drops picks up the throwing axe at the same time)

Abilities
    Block (1), Riposte (1), And Throw Axe

5. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

Ah ok I get it now for abilities, but is the number of axes limited only in that game or would they be brought back after the encounter?

6. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

I don't think Hekatians are "better" bok, afaik they are entirely separate.

7. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Good question, I don't think there is an exact size per-say other than it is Big. I would use the Cyclops as a comparative in terms of size.

Anyway, pen and paper Pox RPG is a very good discussion topic.

8. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

cyclops ain't that big, vothsair possible? : D

Last edited: Sep 16, 2014
  9. They are the sheriff among the police, a specialized branch so not better but different.

10. they can be picked up by you, your team mates and given to you, or your enemies and then taken by force.

11. Thank you.

12. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

What about champions that don't have a specific race like the Wings of Al'Mara? I'd like to be a Cerulean Wing lol

13. you mean a griffon? or a dwarf riding a griffon?

14. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

I'm now picturing a dwarf leading a very sad looking griffin through a dungeon with a lot of tight passages and low ceilings.

15. Lushiris

A dwarf riding a griffon.

16. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Then the party runs out of food and eats the griffon. Cerulean wing is now a dwarf

17. well then yes your race would be dwarf and your equipment would be a griffin but you would need back up weapons and armor to take with you when you are in areas you can take the griffin

18. [​IMG][​IMG]

19. Lushiris

Well then I guess I'll have to find something else. What about a cyclops? I'm thinking about something along the lines of the small mages(ritualist, stone caller, warwizard). Or maybe be crazy and be a battlefiend.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2014
  20. Absolutely, you can do that, you can even still be the mounted Dwarf I would just have to work out the logistics of it. I just haven't even thought of that section yet is all.