Poxnora Pen and Paper RPG

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Jonny ~ Legendary Raiders, Sep 14, 2014.

?

Would be interested in playing?

1. yes

26.3%
  2. no

5.3%
  3. if you don't totally screw it up i may

68.4%
  1. ~Journal~
    Entry: Day 6

Alpha is being pain in the ass, I want everything to work properly, and every time I think I have all the rules needed to be written down someone says something about something new that they want and with it comes a shitstorm of rules.

CURRENT GOAL
    -have alpha complete by day 14 (with successful testing).

2. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

Can my giant vothsair ride a nafari dragon that breaths fire and shits gold

SPiEkY likes this.
  3. *Immediately locks you in a dungeon and feeds you dwarves so as to harvest maximum gold*

MEATMAN likes this.
  4. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

Noms for eternity

5. Day 21
    champion creation method

DMG SPD RNG DEF HP

stats
    DMG 2d6
    SPD 5+1d3
    DEF 1d3
    HP 1d6*9

roll 7d6 remove the 2 lowest and allocate dice to prefered stats

for d3 take a d6
    1,2 = 1
    3,4 = 2
    5,6 = 3

once you have your champs shell check your DM's champion restrictions regaurding race,class, and faction. (current restrictions for champions size is 1x1)

RACE may have an impact on your champ (hekatian always has flying and female, boghopper always starts with rank 1 of leap.) you race must be assosiated with the faction you are (you cannot be a KF minotaur unless one exsists.)

FACTION your faction will determine if you will be working with protectorate or wrath. factions of wrath can work together however when faced with protectorate champs they will become hostile, and vice versa. faction will also determine what class you can be (you may be any class that is available to your faction i.e. UD players cannot be druids.)

CLASS your class will determine your RNG and ABILITIES. when you choose your champs class you may choose any RNG that is available to that class.
    every level you may choose one ability from any rune (check with your DM for rarity restrictions) starting with one begging ability. if you choose a ability with a rank you must start with rank 1 when you choose an ability you may instead choose to upgrade ranks of current abilities.

6. starting alpha test today, anyone that is wanting to sign up for beta testing post here.

7. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

guess I should probably just watch so I can learn what's going on first.

1x1? vothsair why are you so fat?

8. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

9. testing alpha now will post the story as a teaser.

Restrictions
    race: no split
    faction: UD
    class: no limited/legendary
    players: 4

Front story
    Maxxarek sat on his throne, as Xuvari's wings parted the ashen air in front of him. She landed gracefully inches from the throne combining her landing with her bow. Maxxarek leaned forward and combed the claws of one hand through Xuvari's long white mane. Out of pleasure she tilted her head slightly, eyes closed. In one swift motion, taking advantage of her newly exposed neck, his other claw clamped down on her neck. Maxxarek now stood holding the struggling bok over his head.
    "It has come to my attention that you have failed me." His powerful voice boomed. "I asked that your fellow bok rid me of this mutant toad problem and you reported to me that it was taken care of." A look of horror spread across Xuvari's face. "Oh yes, I know of your failure, however." He threw the bok to the ground. Xuvari gasped and choked for a good breath. "I also know of your limitations. Your private force does not leave our borders and I like it that way. However this problem must be dealt with. I have summoned a goblin in the employ of the sheoul mercenary company. He will take you to the border and supply you with a team. You are to give them their orders, I want the waters of Forglar Swamp to run red with blood within the week."
    "Yes my liege." Xuvari grabbed her throat in one hand and the goblin in the other. As she was about to take off Maxxarek spoke one last encouragement. "You have never made a habit of failing me before, DO NOT CONTINUE!" The last part echoed in her head as his venomous voice chilled her very bones.

[Enter our 4 heroes.]

Xuvari paces back and forth in front of the Under Depths finest choosing carefully. She settles on you four and pays the goblin in Nora gems. Xuvari points to you lot and mouthed her words loud and clear. "The borders we share to the north east are shrinking, and not in our favor, the boghoppers are getting a little too brave. You four are going to fix that. Your orders are to send a very clear message to them they are not only not wanted here but they are provoking a powerful force that will not tolerate tier meddling. There are currently two temples set up along our border to ward away bad spirits and to cleanse the land that rightfully belongs to us. You are to wipe out both of them. After that there is a small village not far from our border, make an example of it that shows how little tolerance we have for invaders. Go now."

Last edited: Oct 4, 2014
  10. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Oh, now I NEED to be in on this!

11. *takes a bow* thank you good sir I am hoping the alpha goes well so that I can start the beta on time.

12. by the way sorry for the lack of proof reading i used 2 different programs for spelling and grammar and it messed some stuff up I have since edited the story but if anything else is wrong please send it to my inbox so i can edit it please

13. my team- Gorin the Goblin wizard/rogue, Tharn the minotaur brute, Delphara the Demon elf Priest, and Shame the Demon Warrior.

[​IMG]

14. vs the boghopper hoard

[​IMG]

15. First test throughly successful

changes made to the 3d6 system as it does not work very well with this adaptation. everything kept missing and the hits i did get were blocked and dodged by the boghoppers. that was annoying, now the system supports absolute misses and critical hits.

3D6 system
    terminology
    -positive dice = 5 or 6
    -negetive dice = 1 or 2

when an attack is declare 3d6 are rolled if there are two or more negative dice the attack is a miss.
    if the attack is rolled and declared not a miss then the DMG - the DEF (including any other bonuses) of the enemy gets deducted from the HP
    if the attack is rolled and there are two or more positive dice the attack gets +3 bonus added to DMG
    if the attack is rolled and there are three positive dice the attack is considered a critical hit and the DMG is doubled.

^^ this system proved more useful than the last and was not constantly thwarted by blocks and dodges. ^^

16. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Because mafia is always such a succes

17. Day 26

have discovered a way to play the beta over the Internet whilst still being able to preserve the effects having a real life gaming session.

People signed up for beta testing 1/4
    1. SPiEkY

SPREAD THE WORD 3 SLOTS OPEN
    need to fill all of these slots to get a game going. once the slots are filled I will (over skype) give a personal lesson to help you build a champion, and how the game works in easy to understand instructions for those of you who have never done a real live RPG game prior to this event.

SPiEkY likes this.
  18. anyone else come on guys if you dont spread the word no one will know

19. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

i'm all for joining in but honestly rather watch a game first so I can learn

as for people not joining, maybe just wait off for awhile since no one really gets on around these times, maybe around steam/new expansion when things start getting more populated?

Leadrz likes this.
  20. Day 37 still improving the game. any thoughts so far?