PoxNora the RPG?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RPGForever, Feb 3, 2020.

1. RPGForever

RPGForever Member

As a returning player I never could before sitting to analyze the combat mechanics of PoxNora, in the hiatus I made between my games in the early life of PoxNora and my games now, I tried several tabletop RPG systems and I must say PoxNora has a brilliant and clever combat system that deserves to be put into a RPG rulebook.
    Any comments on this topic?

aseryen likes this.
  2. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

It's a little deterministic whilst in RL RPGs players often want a bit of luck through dice / card draw etc.

Otherwise they'd play Euros.

3. Extinctshun

Extinctshun I need me some PIE!

Define deterministic please for us with low iqs

4. Fentum

You can figure out precisely what damage you will do and you always hit so you can math things out without any chance randomness

5. Fentum

so DnD is VERY random.
    Gloomhaven less so
    For example

6. Extinctshun

Extinctshun I need me some PIE!

Gotcha. Thank you

7. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Yea, many pen and paper RPGs don't even have real "stats" anymore as it relates to combat. You just play cards or roll dice which give you an idea of what you COULD do, then you story tell it.

8. aseryen

aseryen I need me some PIE!

Ode to the days of player edited runes, percentages and rune-unique abilities. At least with a large enough player count any gimmicks that make it into meta have a chance not to be played.

still think it sucks @sok was stolen a bit of opportunity to do something different with pox. He kept the game on lifeline for a long time and it’s getting to that point in the “injury/recovery process” that you just want the patient to be better than the day before.

Tools, tools, tools. Or more specifically algorithms. Algorithms, algorithms...very important in a game like this.