PS4 Release Date Announced, May 23

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by darklord48, May 10, 2017.

1. nepyonisdead

nepyonisdead I need me some PIE!

HOLY Firk ....Gonna buy a ps4 if thats true

2. Regulate

Regulate I need me some PIE!

They will become dirt cheap (the heroes), as you can make multiple psn accounts

3. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

Heres to praying their tradable then, because most of them look dope.

4. Regulate

I thought they were just piss coloured?

5. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

Some of them look really good (either artwork or sprite). Like Maxxarek, Grimlic and Bliss imo, you can view em all on rune manager.

6. NevrGonaGivUup

NevrGonaGivUup I need me some PIE!

As far as I know, PS4 doesnt have trading at all. So they'll be completely exclusive unless they get a separate release for PC.

Which is too bad, considering one of them is FW Vindrax.

7. Regulate

So I can't use my account to play on ps4, i'd have to make a new account?

8. NevrGonaGivUup

NevrGonaGivUup I need me some PIE!

You can copy your PC account onto PS4, but only once.

9. Regulate

And still use it on pc as well, I assume?

10. demonswish

demonswish New Member

Ok so I am hoping if I have a friend who I know would never play this game ( my roomate ) I can totally just use his ps4 right? If for some miracle he does want to play I'm assuming rewards only for one of us but we can both still play if we have our respected accounts?

11. haroldkin

haroldkin I need me some PIE!

This sort of incentive is always, annoying.

PS4 players new to Pox don't know a LE Angel from a Fly Catcher. They don't know how good the runes they're receiving nor the collectible value of a LE rune within the world of Pox. The incentive of free runes is certainly a good one, but the exclusive aspect is of minimal value if you don't know the game. For all they know they'll be getting exclusive versions of a shoebox runes.

On the other hand, existing players certainly know the value of those runes. I'm guessing the LE Heroes will be from the core set, (Vindrax, Talgar, etc). No big deal there, I have all of those, though free LE versions would be nice. I don't have all the Angels, though I did >purchase<, with real money, 6 of 8 Angels back in the day. Heck yeah I'd like to acquire the two I'm missing for free, and new LE versions of all eight would be extra nifty.

I don't have a PS4, don't plan to buy one anytime soon and this promotion isn't going to change those plans.

I understand the value of offering a carrot to new players, but why do it in such a way to annoy the existing player base? There are so many ways to reward new players, (free packs, free campaigns, free exo/legendary runes, etc), without tacking on the arbitrary 'exclusive' bit that excludes the existing player base. If for some reason it is felt the deal must be 'exclusive', then promote the offer >itself< as exclusive, not the content of the offer. New PS4 players get an exclusive reward of (free packs / free campaign / free runes), that other new accounts don't get, but the actual content is itself still acquirable by anyone else.

12. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

Its just Reskins people. nothing wrong there.
    In the PS Blog people comment asking if its free to play, it should be very highlighted that it really is free to play and all content except reskins and events are available for free.

13. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

PS4 accounts can't trade so imho its a moot point.
    I just hope the re-skins are available to pc version as well.

14. aseryen

aseryen I need me some PIE!

Anyone playing with patch 1.1

It is worse than the first patch...

15. Kampel

I find it way better, way less buggy. what is the problem you are having?

16. aseryen

17. Kampel

It says right there in the patchnotes, deck building is temporarily disabled.
    I do agree that "save and exit" should be two separated buttons.
    Runes in the rune manager appear if you use the mousewheel, still bugged.
    The only way to see a rune's description and details is ingame or while edditing a bg, if you are only seeing the bg (before pressing EDIT) you cant enter that screen, which is annoying.

18. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Good video man. Real good. I disagree with pointing out all the flaws to the new players though.

19. aseryen

ok *phew*, I am much happier that I skipped that than the rune manager being broken

in that case this patch isn't bad, seems more gameplay based than UI which I can adjust my perspective for. lmao having the rune manager disabled really changes everything...ok now I'm more interested in getting a game in.

Kampel likes this.
  20. aseryen

My blood was boiling at that point and I was just ready to stop the video, that was the first take, I literally patched and hit record. I usually play the devils advocate so I do need to work on being more approachable so to speak, if I'm always ranting that can be a drag, especially when the game is actually good.

Thank you @Tweek516