Public decks need a lot of rework

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LoganMkv, Mar 9, 2014.

1. LoganMkv

LoganMkv I need me some PIE!

The whole point about public decks — they should be fun and competetive. I tried few and they totally suck.

Skelly deck is beyond horrible. No banner, 2x bb and cripple as champs, most other slots are also wasted, terrible upgrades.
    UD deck is half-decent, but other half is still bad - why on earth it has 2 imps, 2 succubi, second sac and other stuff?
    Pally deck is plain pointless, cause pallys are based on squire + beaters, which are absent.
    Barb deck is best and almost competetive, but it has weird upgrades (like bers on chiffun) and has no PoV or any other healing - previous modifiable starter was actually better.

I don't see any reason to keep low rarity, cause players don't own the runes and can't modify them. And even with low rarity it's possible to make much better decks.

2. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

public decks should be made more public also, where are the lists?

Nemorga likes this.
  3. jeeperz2

jeeperz2 I need me some PIE!

100% agreed.

On a different note I have been playing with Pallies and really there just isn't enough range with them plus like you said missing some key aspects.. Where is my charger knight!?!

4. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Also since the single player stuff is down, can't unlock a bunch of them nor test anything (if they're even usable in SP)

5. only

only Active Member

upgrades need to be revisited by just replacing their order. I completely agree with barbarians. most other decks should be adjusted by some top players, who could do some better thing. they said it will be very easy to adjust those decks so I guess it will happen. it would be wonders to see all those decks in forum. on top of those, I guess most of those champions neeed to be revisited/cleaned. like you mentioned Wild Chieftain, which has Berzerk Attack with Warcry, it's messed up. on top of first upgrades being zerker as well.

6. avichaif

avichaif Devotee of the Blood Owl

does anyone know what runes have in this decks?
    where is the FS deck?

7. spe720

spe720 The King of Potatoes

Is every single deck currently available to be unlocked?
    If so does anybody know what the "do this" to "get that" method of attaining them is?

I've got the 2x IS weekly freebies thus far and I unlocked skellies from playing the first tutorial.

8. avichaif

u can only play with them not trade them

9. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

I severely resent your harsh assessment of Broken Bones being in the Skele deck. You're insane if you think the champ is bad, and if I have to, I'll present a detailed argument to the contrary.

Regarding the public decks in general, you may assume from your perspective that the decks are bad, but you have to consider that they are meant for NEW players. The UD deck, for example, has 2x Sac in it. For the longest time, Sac was 2x auto in UD, and I for one still believe this to be the case. You disagree? Fine, but just remember it's not only your opinion that matters. Some UD players still love to run 2x Sac. And as far as Succubus goes, she's highly underrated.

The owls will certainly not throw runes like Charger Knight and Gobbo Spellkaiser into free public decks, because that would defeat the purpose of buying packs in order to obtain those runes. Why pay for something you can use for free?

10. Prami

Prami I need me some PIE!

For one, Banners need to not be legendary runes. Second, Banners need to be included in every single FF public deck.

11. GabrielQ

Gedden said that the decks were supposed to be limited league material, and while they may be run in limited league, no player would let them unchanged if it were up to them.

12. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

I'll try to get to work on getting the list of them o_o.

13. LoganMkv

LoganMkv I need me some PIE!

Even better jokes repeated merely twice become not funny, and your bbjerk is old like mammoth Bane Shift.

Sac 2x is fine if you have considerable amount of expensive champs, it helps if they are likely to survive onerounding, having runes to spend nora same turn also helps. Not so much with majority of champs at 60 avg and even without echoes.

If owls have same views as you on the nux, I'm pretty sure we are not going to see any new players. Healthy f2p is not targeted on new players, it's targeted on already hooked players, just like any drug-dealing.

14. avichaif

I ask it before

15. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Posted the skeez one in SL forums if that helps

16. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

Thanks =). It does!

17. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

If you think I'm joking about Broken Bones, you should think again, because I'm being 100% serious here. The only reason it's become something of a joke is because nobody sees Broken Bones the way I do, and they simply cannot fathom why I believe he is so good. They look at his terrible stats, the lack of impact he has on the game, and his sparse ability set, but they're not seeing Broken Bones for what he is, and if you wish, I can come up with several arguments as to why he deserves far more play than he gets.

18. avichaif

19. jeeperz2

jeeperz2 I need me some PIE!

Please enlighten us.

20. GabrielQ

If FW bonus is useful for something, is to not to run 2x broken bones, 1 is enough