Public decks need a lot of rework

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LoganMkv, Mar 9, 2014.

1. spe720

spe720 The King of Potatoes

The beast deck has snake charmer but she doesn't have boost beast upgrade.
    The beast deck also has tough upgraded on the cavaliers but also includes the spell that gives vashal tough...

We need to reorder the upgrades on some of these runes so they work better in their respective decks.

Also I just discovered that by hitting the quick match button and clicking on locked decks you can purchase them with gold. Dunno how I didn't notice that before.

2. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Having played with all the public walkthrough decks... damn are those things not created equal.

None of them are absolute powerhouses but at least some of them work in a cohesive fashion. IS as a passable dorf deck with actual dorf support. ST has the weirdest frost amp but at least it works. FW has OP broken bones in it's skellies thingie etc etc...

But the SP and SL one are a hot mess. While I appreciate the effort of splashing like 3+ themes in a deck to give a "general" idea of the faction, it plays like complete garbage next the the streamlined themes of the others.

I know it's early and those decks are supposed to change over time anyway but KNEEJEEEEEERK!

edit : this has nothing to do with the 1k decks, those are actually impressive for "free" decks.

3. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

I have posted the full contents of all of the public decks here. I'm pretty sure I have them all.

I'll be working to reverse engineer all of the decks to post them in a better fashion.

4. Neksis

Neksis The King of Potatoes

Yeah...
    The Freebie SP one (Cavernborn) is indeed a Hot Mess.

Voil want lots of Voil for surge.
    Moga want a perfect mix of Moga and G'hern.
    Hyaenids want what they want.

Put all three in one deck and none of them get what they want. :(

5. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Been wondering the same thing.

6. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

I really like Grimlic's Legion.

Not because it's powerful, because it's pretty much a carbon copy of what top UD decks were when I started playing (if you replace the 2 weird relics with Nefari Dragon/Harb/Diplo)

7. soulmilk

soulmilk I need me some PIE!

I don't think you have played much goodstuff SP before. You are not trying to focus on their racial in this BG, but instead efficiency. This deck is what most SP players who posted in the SP deck thread agreed on was the best to have as the SP deck.

8. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

SP players are weird, though.
    Nothing personal, you guys rock!

soulmilk likes this.
  9. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

This may be true, but that bg was unnecessarily loaded of bad runes, IMO.

10. soulmilk

I am not sure what the bad runes you are talking about are. D:

11. Neksis

Neksis The King of Potatoes

Nah, I'm a theme player through and through. It's the reason I chose SP, for the strong racial themes.

12. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

Ghern overlord, he never sees play, moga recruiters when they aren't as good as instigators in goodstuff, imperialist, overcosted and voil-oriented, 2x cavernkeeper it's kinda a overkill, battlegroup doesn't have a warbanner and doesn't have cleanse.

13. soulmilk

I think more than just this starter deck lacks the warbanner and it lacks cleanse because we was not allowed to put in split runes.
    The deck is very focused on relocation, swarming and Sceian's Warcry. Overlord is a great rune in this strategy. Instigators doesn't work in this deck because of Pariah when Relocation is this important. Imperialist to give your units fearless which can be very important. Cavernkeeper is a very good rune and have a lot of utility in this deck.

14. soulmilk