Quitting, Free runes

Discussion in 'Rune Trading' started by Oregreen, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Remember Stellar Horizon? Perhaps it breaks after constant redeploys, e.g. on a 3rd, 4th or 5th Crest or something.

2. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

So in that case it was because the spell was incrementing a variable and not resetting it. There's nothing like that happening here that I can see.

And even if, somehow, for example, that it was increasing the HP loss each time, it wouldn't explain why the Blood Crest isn't dying.

DiCEM0nEY likes this.
  3. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

well he was in a training game so he possibly has every single rune in the circus to pull off this trick...

could be some simultaneous shenanigans, like if you use an aoe to hit the relic and some vamps perhaps their is a way it bypasses the death sequence and ends at -1 hp

4. Bondman007

Bondman007 I need me some PIE!

Would masons spires affect this result? What if a spires and vampires died at same time and reduced the crest to -1? Just trying to think what all might have been involved. He was playing DemtheDark, ask him whats in his BG...or just look lol

5. 5amb0

5amb0 I need me some PIE!

Post some trades and I'll bid on them

6. Pixyrus

Pixyrus Forum Royalty

I'll take any spare KF runes thanks. :)

7. Sokolov

It's possible, but unlikely since you'd see the same theoritical effect with anything else that affects HP, such as Boost or Warbanners.

8. calisk

Well it's possible their is a particular trigger going on like say the process is calculating death's after an attack and it likely goes in turn order.

Say it calls the relic first then calls a vamp that then reduces it below 0.

9. Sokolov

To explain the code a bit, what you are looking at is what gets put on Champions near the relic.

So the "BEFORE_DIE" code never triggers on the relic itself, since it's on the champions nearby - and it is within this effect that reduces the HP of the relic.

And the reducing of the Relic's HP is one of the last things that happen here.

10. calisk

Yep the theory I'd want to test at this point is if I was to aoe the relic I such a way that it would leave it at 2hp and I hit a vamp at the same time killing it and the relic was in play before the camp in question would that get past the kill code

I found a similar bug with lost trails interacting with swap that resulted in the two champs over lapping

DiCEM0nEY likes this.
  11. Sokolov

Yea, I am testing that right now.

That was it. There's something happening here where the "destroy" sequence isn't triggering.

Given the specific sequence, it is very difficult to cause this to happen on purpose.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
  12. Sokolov

Oh, also, the Blood Crest relic has to be deployed BEFORE the Vampyre. If the Vampyre is deployed first, it doesn't happen.

13. Sokolov

Additional damage (or Vampyre saving triggers) to the relic DOES kill it, so it's a rare situation that doesn't persist indefinitely.

14. Sokolov

Actually, if ANYTHING happens at all in the game after it hits Negative HP, the Blood Crest relic will die (and its effects do not trigger).

Move a champion? Blood Crest dies.

Deploy a champion? Blood Crest dies.

Damage a champion? Blood Crest dies - this INCLUDEs killing a vampyre, Blood Crest will die BEFORE saving the Vampyre.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
  15. moodudu

moodudu Member

Does ending the turn make Blood Crest die?

16. Sokolov

Yes.

17. Sokolov

So there's no way our friendly bug reporter wouldn't have known this is not exploitable and probably why he refused to provide details or show me more of the game. Because ANYTHING happening in the game resolves the issue.

Still a bug, of course, but as far as I can tell, there's no way for anyone to exploit this or to create invincible champions.

18. Sokolov

Note: If you deploy Mason's Spire while Blood Crest is out with the -1 or -2 HP... the Blood Crest dies immediately.

I really don't see how anyone could be doing this on purpose or exploiting it in any way.

19. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

cover up confirmed

20. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Oregreen confirmed Illumilighthouse

Etherielin likes this.