Rampage and Thousand Strikes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by skarpox, Apr 1, 2016.

1. skarpox

skarpox The King of Potatoes

So let me get this straight. You remove Rampage off of one champ because it was OP, but you introduce Thousand Strikes that does something similar but on all champs within a range of 5. What is the thought behind this?

2. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

have you seen it abused yet?

3. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

The difference is the AP gain on Rampage and the fact that it basically reduces attacks to 1 AP (as long as you keep killing).

The best comparison is probably War Cry to illustrate:

The attack reset is similar to Warcry's AP but only if your champions already attacked AND have enough AP to make a second attack - otherwise, it isn't useful while the extra AP generated by Warcry can both get you in range, out of range, or be saved for next turn, so it's functionally worse in most instances (there are specific edge cases where attack chain resets COULD be better, but those won't be as common).

Note that both WarCry and Fury of a Thousand Strikes are once per turn triggers also.

So those 2 aspects are both slightly worse than Warcry, but this is AE5 and Warcry is AE3 with the obvious benefits.

In the common case, Fury of a Thousand Strikes generates a net of 2 AP in AE5 once per turn - assuming all champions in the AE attack a second time.

~

That's how it evaluates on paper anyway, but it's certainly a potentially powerful ability to keep an eye on.

4. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

"St made out like silent bandits, the new exotic ferren is just crazy re-setting attack chains is 10x stronger than war cry is and within 5 spaces."

From another post I made

5. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

monks and ferren are still terrible(especially ferren) and the silent master itself is pretty weak as well.

6. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

ur garbage at this point

7. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

prove me wrong, gurantee you cant. I just traded my silent masters in to poxbox.

if ferren or monks were any good id be playing them right now. monks are underdeveloped and severely lack synergy and range options and ferrens have way too much physical damage, little synergy, and terrible stats, especially on their range units.

8. Phynixe

Phynixe I need me some PIE!

No. Ferrens have tons of Alternative Damage. Ferrens are strong based off relocation, and they play around relocation, they're weak if you don't know how to manipulate this aspect. Tundra discipline is bogus on ferren, and it gets even stronger if you play howling wind in the deck. What I believe is the ferren's weakpoint is that they're too defenseless, as they get run down quickly if not positioned properly. Even with Ferren master, I feel like they're pretty vulnerable to spells.

9. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

play ferrens against me and see how many games u win...