Randomness just pisses me off ...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Boozha, May 4, 2014.

1. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Absolutely apt comparison. Or does this game consist solely of buying stuff for you?

2. Monyx

Monyx I need me some PIE!

you do realize that almost all runes are available to be obtained through forging with the exception of legends?

3. Boozha

At four to five times the price. As if it wasn't expensive enough!

4. Monyx

so u play the game....u get gold......gold costs nothing.....except time....but this doesnt even count either cause you are playing the game to get gold....which is what the game is for.....to be played.....then u spend the gold to buy a box......u get runes then for 0.00 dollars.......then sometimes u get really good stuff and sometimes u dont....but if u dont you can then break those runes and forge it into something u do want.......and it still cost you nothing......where exactly is that expensive again?

5. Boozha

Except it cost me about a month per box ... Which is absolutely not the topic either.

6. Monyx

no the topic is "randomness pisses you off" which isnt constructive and sounds like a personal problem. but i was attempting to help you see that not all things revolve around your personal conflicts.....apparently you fail to see this. i wont be replying again as you seem like someone who would never take a step beyond his own views and try to understand someone elses opinion........so be it......but if u wish to be heard you should try to be less "This is how it is" and maybe lil more "hmmm yea i see what you mean" gday.

7. Boozha

Dude, all I want is that I get what I pay for and not a random package. I think it is absolutely weird that you can pay money for a product and maybe get it in good quality and maybe in bad quality, instead of just reliable. At least as an option it would be nice. I mean, why would you comment on the free to play system when its incredibly irrelevant to the topic?

8. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

As someone who has been looking for a reason to give DoG some return on their investment, the current marketplace has a lot of flaws. The rune forge has done wonders for some runes' availability, but the absence of forgeable legendaries has just led to wild speculation and made them difficult to obtain at reasonable prices through the trader.

Once the revamp has been finished, I hope the devs take the time to develop a strategy for legendaries. Whether that means going back to SOE's model, eliminating the rarity altogether, or something in between doesn't matter to me, so long as we have a direct method of obtaining them.

I have a pretty extensive collection with lots of exos and legendaries in every faction, but there are still a lot of holes that I would love to fill but can't because their trade value does not line up with their playability. I have money I'd love to spend obtaining them but I'm not interested in rolling the dice for a 5% chance of a slot that may or may not be something I already have and will need to spend a lot of time (and/or lose a lot of value) trading it for the rune I actually want.

Permanently putting legendary packs for sale (with a lower cash/gold ratio than packs/decks to encourage real spending) would be more enticing for players in my situation and the availability would help stabilize the market. I would not be opposed to just removing the rarity completely either.

9. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

Gods you are obnoxoius. You DO get what you pay for, a box of random cards, its what you are promised and it is what you get.

SPiEkY, Spiderchap and DarkJello like this.
  10. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- this is the part where he puts the whole forum on ignore and agrees with himself moar.

11. Boozha

Thats hardly anything but twisting words. What I was saying all along is that I don't want to have to pay for a bunch of random cards. I think it is a stupid way to buy things. Didn't think it was so hard to understand.

12. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

If you do not want to get random content you either have to find another game or convince DoG to find another business model. Considering that random packs has been the premises of the game the entire time do you really think that is going to happen?

13. Boozha

I am currently trying the latter and hope that the Greens are open for change. I am pretty sure it would make the game more enjoyable if it was at least optional to get exactly what you wanted for the same price, and it would also finally crush the price disparity between the factions.

14. Queegon

Queegon I need me some PIE!

To be fair, a faction pack/box at a bit higher price than a regular box would keep people's mouths shut. Random content for cheap? Or a bit more expensive stuff I actually want?
    Both would appeal to different people.

Even a wrath/protectorate box would be a good start.

SPiEkY likes this.
  15. Thbigchief

- This is what we call a rational attempt at a possible solution to a "perceived" problem, OP. It may not ever happen but it's a reasonable compromise between current pack/boxes and a "have it your way BK menu" your spinning your wheels on. But then people would QQ cuz "their faction" box didn't drop a billion LeG's and cost more "free gold" then regular box.

16. Boozha

Could you just stop attempting to insult me? I feel like my leg is being humped by a chihuahua.

17. Thbigchief

- Well then consider your leg pregnant...I getz it done. I look forward to your next thread where everyone disputes/hates/disregards you.

18. Boozha

I do, too, it is an experience I have not yet had the chance to experience. Now bugger off.

19. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

You're awfully dense huh

20. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

there are two different f2p experiences in poxnora. The first one is the one that veterans are experiencing. They may find it to be a good thing, generous even, how could it cause anyone to complain? That exo I could never get before can be crafted now! And it only costs me 4 trash exos to make and I have enough spares to do it. Wow I am happy.

Then there is the second f2p experience, one that new players face, that same exo will cost them a month very boring campaign grinding to get. in the meantime they get absolutely nothing else. their decks don't improve, they get no sense of progression. Wow, they are not happy.

Remember when they put the first 100k in the goldstore. there were more than a few players who had that kind of gold lying around already. others were half way there so it wasn't too horrible to grind the rest, or even those who had little gold but had absolutely nothing else they needed to buy with it. To those players, it must have seemed very generous to put a rune like that in the gold store. To a new player with nothing, it might as well have cost 100 dollars. Actually that would have been kinder.

So no matter how many times its shown that this f2p system is not new user friendly, youre going to have those players who troll you for saying it because they simply cant put themselves in anothers shoes. Either that or they are so pro dev, they might as well be devs themselves. They think profit for the company is the sole factor that should be considered and consumer behavior is something that is best controlled by troll posts rather than prices. you know.... idiots.

Last edited: May 12, 2014
    Boozha and LordRahan like this.