Reanimate do not trigger fiery death

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by waxler, Jul 3, 2016.

1. waxler

waxler The King of Potatoes

Reanimate spell and exhume on firemaw do not trigger fiery death after destroyed. Both trigger death nova.

2. aseryen

aseryen I need me some PIE!

I have tried running this before, from what I understand of Exhume and Reanimate is that the unit is reanimated before death. I just tested Tomb Sentinel and his relic drop is proc'd after being destroyed once, then reanimated (with remaining AP) and only after it has been destroyed a second time from being reanimated will a Tomb Relic drop.

Exhume: Target adjacent unit will be reanimated when destroyed
    Reanimated: When target non-her0 non-bloodless champion is destroyed, it respawns

Death Nova is a field destruction while Relic Drops appear to be calculated externally from field dmg and seem to trigger in place of the rune going on cd rather than being destroyed; is destroyed could be better read as goes on CD and since reanimation prevents the rune from going on CD (destroyed) I would say this is how relic drops work with a reanimated unit.

-Death Nova triggers when hitpoints are reduced below zero
    -Relics drop when a rune would go on cd
    -Reanimate prevents a unit from going on cd after it's hitpoints have been reduced to zero

The ingame tooltip for reanimated reads "when the unit would be destroyed", so the tooltip and the rune description are worded differently. The ingame tooltip is more accurate since it states that the destruction would be prevented and the unit will then be redeployed.

Final test of Reanimate with Tomb Sentinel: After casting Reanimate and Tomb Sentinel would be destroyed, Reanimate is triggered, Tomb Sentinel would be redeployed with reanimated status ((mechanically closest to bloodless) cannot be reanimated with reanimated status)), if a reanimated Tomb Sentinel is destroyed it will finally drop into a Tomb Relic, if the Tomb Relic is not destroyed a Tomb Sentinel will take its place without the reanimated status.

TL;DR A Tomb Sentinel will start as a Relic turn into a Tomb Sentinel to be destroyed and reanimated as a Tomb Sentinel and will finally drop a relic after it's reanimated form has been destroyed ending as a Tomb Relic to repeat the process clear of the reanimated status.