Relic decks

Discussion in 'Split Faction' started by Joker, Apr 5, 2016.

1. Joker

Joker I need me some PIE!

Greetings

So, I haven't played for about 2~3 months, but before I stopped, I was playing this FW/SL Relics deck (As well as a FW/UD) and I was having a lot of fun! Was also beating a lot of the good decks out there, like lonks and skellies. I haven't updated it to the newest runes though, and I saw that there are some that have synergy with relics. I've mainly missed Visions of Amarath and Spirits Beyound, as well as the more expensive runes from Path of De'lim.

How would you update this deck? Has there been any nerfs to it, or to any relics deck in general?
    Sem título.png

2. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

Yeah, I run the same deck. Here's mine:

Capture.PNG

The only newer rune I've included is Guardian of Eretat as he has relic defender and makes his own relics.

With the new Valdici, I agree that both of our decks should be updated since SL now has access to even more relic-synergizing champs!

But, just some notes about my deck versus yours: I find Ancient's Protection is essential for countering obvious Tornado/Demolish/Erode/Arctic Wail/Holy Light/Magnetize plays that will completely WRECK your cluster of relics.

That's the major weakness of this deck is that every faction has access to hard AOE counters to relics that aren't totally mitigated by Mason's Spire.

I also really like Mine Field in this deck as either it procs relic defender, can be reclaimed, and is boosted by Mason's Spire to 20-30hp relics - it also can help against Seism by absorbing the 20 dmg. And finally, running my own Magnetize as a means of Equipment removal or champ execution.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2016
    Goyo and Joker like this.
  3. Joker

I really like your deck, Some choices I don't understand, like ethereal soldier and Lich King, but I'm guessing they are just good meta champs. The Target dummy seems like a great idea! Mine Field I didn't have in my collection by the time I built the deck, but I have it now, it's great.

I'll check these new valdaci runes, not sure if they are as good as some of these, but i'm sure the deck needs an update.

4. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

Let me know what you figure out with the Valdaci.

One of the counters to this deck is long-range attacks against our immobile relics - lich king provides a response to this.

Ethereal soldier is a way to both contest and capture fonts with support of the relics. Meta, yes.

5. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

Also, consider the Croma Extinguisher as she can reclaim relics that get low health (or a land mine) and she can clone opposing relics. She also provides shatter for the deck.

6. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Awesome. Looks like a lot of fun BG! I'll try it out later.

7. Joker

Thanks, newsbuff, i'm re-learning a lot just by hearing your rune choices. If you don't mind, I have a few questions:
    What upgrades in Croma Extinguisher and Guardian of Eretat?
    Why ravenspeaker? He wasn't that good when I was playing.
    Have you tried skeezick trigger? He's awesome!

About the new valdaci runes, I think at least 1x of bolter and 1x of guardian is needed, maybe even 2x of guardian. My current list:

Sem título.png

I would take out 1 skywing patrol and 1 skeezick machinist for 1x of those valdaci.

You should try it, it's awesome and totally different of the stardard way to play poxnora! IS is also a good faction for this kind of deck.

8. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

• Shatter & Reclaim Relic for Croma
    • Void Shield & Relic Guardian for Eretat
    He's a cool looking, underplayed rune that provides 4-5 Range, detection, and summons counter for the deck. But you're right, he's not meta.

No, but I will now

9. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Wow Croma it's too expensive. It is a fundamental inclusion?

10. Joker

I don't really think so, I just got her because I like collecting FW, otherwise I would have another crypt guardian in her place.

Goyo likes this.
  11. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

The IS/FW version definitely has potential. I'm running this atm: https://poxbase.com/deck/CtUCw3CdqCobCb6ChuCo2CxLcxJS4jrHrTrgR2PriR29r3+r2Ie5

It's primary focus is on beefing up the Barricade relics to incredibly annoying proportions. Since they have Demolish, if one is ever in your way, you can just kill it yourself. A slew of Relic Guardian and Reclaim Relic champs are also included, as per usual. Stitched Monolith is a real winner here; his stats when near a relic are massive for a champion his price. Eternal Lich and Tomb Sentinel are the hidden gems of this theme. Both of them get reanimated if their relic drops manage to live longer than they do, and since you have so many sources of Mason's Spire, this is almost a certainty. Lastly, Failed Amplifier is my ace in the hole. If the opponent gets fed up with all the relics and wants to spell spam them down, Failed Amplifier limits them to 1 spell cast per turn, effectively throwing that strategy out the window. Since I only run 2 spells in the first place, it does little to hinder my own progress. But against a faction like SL, ST, or KF who loves their spells, Failed Amplifier is a dream come true.

12. Joker

This is pretty great, I have a different version but I won't even post it, it's outdated. Woundn't Ancient protection be superior since it stops the spells? I kinda thought about phylactery themed deck but I thought it would be too all-win, but the idea is pretty good. I also noticed crypt guardian is a must 2x of, he is too great in this theme.

Are you finding northern cross obelisk useful? I tend to think it would just be ignored. Also, northern cross priestess is a true champion, such a good rune in this theme.

I still wasn't considering stitched monolyth but I'll give it a try, thanks!

13. Joker

Also, anyone can answer this:

Everyone is using stitched suppressor in the theme apparently; what upgrades are you running it? I was running on default.