Remember that thing Iajabmaka posted about awhile ago?

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by Ballballer, Oct 12, 2015.

1. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

The whole "This champ can move onto impassable terrain and then cant get off thing?
    Well it just happened in my game. Jangar bushwalker dude was out and is what I suspect to be the culprit, because of bushwalker. Jangar arcanis moved onto an impassable space and was then stuck there for the rest of the game, even tho bushwalker dude was still alive.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2015
    SaintKiwi likes this.
  2. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Thanks for the additional information, I will look into it with Brushwalker.

I will use Shores, but if you could let me know the map the location where you encountered it, it might also help.

Flyingfinn likes this.
  3. Sokolov

When iajabmaka posted about it, I specifically asked if he had Mountaineer or some other ability that might been the cause, he dismissed it pretty strongly.

However, I am happy to say that with @Ballballer's information, I have been able to confirm that Brushwalker does, in fact, allow you to enter Impassable spaces like those on Shores of Maljaran if it is labelled as Vegetation.

You can go right thru all the spaces if you do so in the same movement, but if you STOP on any of these tiles you won't be able to begin moving again - which is quite odd.

Another good example of why having the right information is so important to reproducing (and thus fixing) issues like this.

4. Pattn199

Pattn199 I need me some PIE!

You have to be kidding me Sok. I told you about this MONTHS ago and even provided you a screenshot. And now all of the sudden you realise its brushwalker.

Dont get me wrong im happy you finaly figured it out.

But realy Sok realy

5. Sokolov

There are hundreds of threads a day here, and while I try to read them all sometimes I miss them. So I apologize if I missed you reporting this.

I did a search just now and was unable to find your post, however :(

6. Pattn199

Pattn199 I need me some PIE!

I send you and senshu a pm
    But w\e im glad its finaly getting fixed

7. Sokolov

Hmm... I don't see any PMs from you in my box :( I wonder what happened to it.

8. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

Ballballer King

SaintKiwi likes this.
  9. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

No really... No one remembers anythig I say or do, except when it comes to defending IS OP stuff.

Cuz Im serious.

That said Its not liek you actually tried Sok.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2015
    Pattn199 likes this.
  10. Sokolov

If spending 45 minutes running around on various maps, trying to reproduce your bug, posting screenshots and asking for additional information isn't "trying" then I don't know what I can do exactly:

http://forums.poxnora.com/index.php...use-greens-make-maps-but-dont-fix-them.18982/

In fact, I posted in that thread MORE than you did.

Iskandak and Lushiris like this.
  11. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Moved to the appropriate forum.

12. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

I should start double posting my on topic stuff.

Anyway, a long time ago I did plan on making a thread about terrain, terrain-like abilities, terrain effects, and abilities that use terrain... However, although the way terrain abilities are linked is amazing, actually documenting them requires a lot of research and patience, since some interactions are so specific that I've only ever seen them by testing.

Such information would certainly help the devs standardize maps to a point where they'll hardly need to be changed again.

13. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

14. Lushiris

Ah no, I don't mean bugs. It's more of something like those impassable patches of terrain in some maps, some water being impeding 3(which can't be generated) and other impeding 2, terrain effect interactions with lava, some maps benefitting/hindering certain themes a lot more than they should, and so on.

I know that some things in Pox can't ever be put to numbers, so my intention(or hope) is that we should at least try and do it with what can actually be scrutinized.

15. Sokolov

Newer terrain stuff should be fairly straight forward. Some of the random impassable spots need to be fixed - mostly oversight of map changes. This Brushwalker thing is kind of a new thing, tho I assume it's been that way for a long time, just not a common occurrence.

There are some older runes like Hungry Mire that does stuff like Dirt and Shallow Water and other such random combinatoric stuff that makes it weird.

16. Lushiris

Yea, some less used things like that Rip spell also works in an odd manner. I think it behaves like Hungry Dead, as in it can't be removed with consecration, and the fact that it affects flying champions is pretty weird. But again, it's not even close to being a big deal. I'd actually like to see more stuff with this Shifting Ground effect, as it can be pretty useful and not that hard to balance.

17. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

But how hard is it to reproduce a Leoss deck And run it on those SAME maps...

You try bruh... but you don't "try."

You gotta think like the average person dawg.

"my leoss are getting stuck"

*makes a leoss deck*

test all their functions

*"u rong jab"*

K im done GJ bruh.

No realli.

18. Sokolov

Here's how the conversation actually went:

"fix your maps, you change them and they are broken, you can't move off impassable without flying or mountaineer" (no mention of leoss)

Another player and myself both understood this to mean something, but you revealed that isn't what you meant.

"on some maps, you can move your units over impassable terrain" (no mention of leoss)

I was surprised, and began investigating, and could find no method of moving onto the impassable terrain indicated.

You continued to point at Maps being the problem, suggesting I "scrub all the maps for this problem." (still no mention of leoss)

I checked various maps and could not reproduce it given the current information, focusing on areas of the maps that had been changed (as you suggested) and using Flying and Mountaineer (again, as you suggested in the OP).

So then I asked for additional information "Did you have mountaineer (which you yourself mentioned) or some other ability in play?"

It was only now that you revealed you were playing Leoss, saying "I was playing leoss, they don't have mountaineer" in a dismissive manner. Here, you also mentioned Leap and Crushing Charge.

So I checked those too, and was still unable to reproduce it.

~

So actually, pretty difficult, because you had to deploy a SPECIFIC Leoss, and initially you did not even indicate it was Leoss - I had spent plenty of time looking into before I even knew you were playing Leoss. You also pointed in the wrong direction, speculating on the bug rather than providing information that would help me figure out the bug. At the same time, I had to test every single impassable tile on the map because that was the extent of the information given - there is no way to know if the problem exists on ALL impassable terrain or on a specific tile, and you refused to provide additional details on that.

Contrast how fast I was able to get to the answer when I was provided with the relevant details here. And it turns out it's not a map problem, but a Brushwalker problem (and luckily one that exists even if Brushwalker remained in play... if it also meant your Brushwalker champion had to die for it to occur it'd have been much more difficult to reproduce).

Now, I am not saying it was your fault. You couldn't have known what was causing the issue, and it's clearly a bug. But claiming I didn't try is absurd.

Lastly, I also never once suggested that you were wrong and the bug wasn't occurring. In fact, my last post to that thread was still trying to find the answer, wherein I wanted to confirm that I was testing the correct version of the map (because there are multiple versions of these maps).

Last edited: Oct 14, 2015