Repost: Creeps?? What am i doing wrong, or is it just them?

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by NiGhtMaRiK, Apr 5, 2014.

1. NiGhtMaRiK

NiGhtMaRiK I need me some PIE!

So since some things have been shifted around and im getting back into playing after a lengthy break under SOE's tyranny. I said to myself.... i wonder if i can enjoy playing Creeps now!

Is it just me, or do these guys suck?

Possibly they just don't fit my playstyle. I play UD and FW and i do rather well with any archetype in the factions. Maybe i just don't understand creeps functionality.

I also don't understand their passive, it seems stupid and counter productive to me, maybe im looking at it with bias or the wrong perspective.

Let me get this right.

I can't deploy them from anywhere but the shrine zone to proc their creep ability?
    If they die, they reduce the gains from their ability?

There are only 4 that aren't Rare, Exotic, Limited, Legendary.
    In my opinion, none of them Synergize with their Creep ability but the Phantasmal, and all he can really do is magic aura.
    The synergy they hold with some FW is negated by the fact that you lose their Creep gains by deploying Non Creeps.

So am i playing them completely wrong? Am i missing something that is Golden with their creep ability and im a nub for not noticing it? Were they nerfed because Creep was too strong before and now they are just awful? Are they outdated? Were they bad from conception and will remain that way because its hard to balance creep?

Should Creepers get a facelift and retool the race to be more competitive?
    Should the ability "Creep" itself be changed? Maybe to allow deaths to not reduce it, or non racial deploys to not reduce it? Should deploying at fonts increase Creep?
    Do we just need more Creepers to keep the boost up?
    Cheaper creeps? Racial spells, relics, equip? More synergetic abilities to interact with Creep?

Do they need nothing and the race should just be allowed to die like alot of others that deserve to be looked at before this failed attempt?

Any feedback welcome! Sorry for the essay :p

2. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

I never understood how are creeps supposed to be played, I mean, there isn't a clear synergy between them, and with the theme.
    Putrid creeper has shrine defender, that's actually a very synergetic ability, the buffs that are ussually confined to a very small place are now expanded, nice!
    Mindthief creeper has initiative, that would be nice, if he wasn't passive and he could actually do something with the ap, Ping is nice though, he can get good damage on a champion taking advantage of advanced deployment.
    So, in the whole theme you have two abilities and a half that are synergetic with the main trait of creeps.

There is room for improvement with creeps, one thing that could be done is making a keyword like rover but to work with deployment zones and incorporate abilities, that would be easy.
    Another thing that could be done is including some DMZ synergy to take advantage of FW font and deployment zone bonus.
    Initiative and reinforcements are good options too, to give the extended deployment one some threath.

Woffleet and NiGhtMaRiK like this.
  3. NiGhtMaRiK

NiGhtMaRiK I need me some PIE!

I feel like they don't have a purpose!

I feel like alot of them are Splashable units with a unsplashable core mechanic that doesn't function at top efficiency in a race thematic deck.

If there purpose is to shock, There should be more reinforce, exertion, aura, bodyguard, intiative, sacrificial nova, etc. Something that supports shock.

If there purpose is tricks, contestion, and font control there should be more hefty def, stealth, healing, portal, cheap meat.

Honestly i feel the core mechanic of Creep is a little off. But if it stayed the same, i think there should be more Creep units with things like:

Split
    Manic
    Pillage
    Conqueror
    Shadowstrike
    Font defender
    Impassioned
    Body guard
    Bounce
    Battle master
    Punishing Aura
    Deafening Aura
    Spur
    Call to arms
    Dampen
    Starshine
    Shroud
    Sentinel
    Defensive Turtle
    Blind fire
    Suppressing fire
    Shrink
    Grand Entrance
    Scramble
    Enduring Aura
    Defender
    Ichor: X
    Train: Shrine Defender
    Soul Mason
    Shrine Exertion
    Dread (Not that FW needs more dread, it just synergizes with theme)
    Unspeakable
    Etc...

Basically alot of stuff that benefits coming out and immediately helping the effort.
    I think a few utility creeps with sustain and survivability would help them too. There is only 1 tank i think.

This is just my take on them. I just wish they were pushed in a direction that seemed more cohesive and synergized to their core mechanic and around each other and not as Splashable and not really bringing anything to the core mechanic.

Phantasmal is the only one that i think is done pretty good. Putrid a close second.

Right now i feel like doing well with creeps is largely to playing well and not playing well WITH creeps. Mostly the win can be attributed to the support spells, relics, equips and not so much a call to fame of the creeps strength. Also when you are winning with creeps it doesn't reward the core mechanic. If you're not largely using the Creep to help win you the game and its merely a side effect you MAY get to use, then its pretty much worthless and you could of used any other number of "good stuff" runes and got the same if not far better result.

4. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

It´s just them.

They lack inter theme synergy, they depend on basic attack kills to grow their deployment zone but 2 of them does not have a basic attack.

I posted my suggestions in the thread you made in General

Last edited: Apr 5, 2014
  5. LoganMkv

LoganMkv I need me some PIE!

Their racial is terriblle atm, however creeps are decent champs even without it, and are totally playable in SL and UD splits.

6. BansheeX

WOHOOOOOO. Champions from a FW theme are decent when used in another faction :rolleyes:

Sorry if I am not jubilant about that.

7. Nemorga

Nemorga I need me some PIE!

I'm no expert (at all), but I really think they DO suck

8. LoganMkv

LoganMkv I need me some PIE!

Wait till soultap is fixed and try, for example, this.

Wag illusions feed surge.
    RA with increased zone is amazing with jyx/bleeder or any of your expensive creeps.
    Votaeving something like snogvie with increased zone can win you a game alone.
    You can sac/retri queen's second form (after recent changes if you do it with her first form, she would explode and won't leave a second form).

9. BansheeX

7 non creep champions and its a Split bg. Just proves that They need something for their FF thing to work.

10. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

Consolidate creep master into the main creep ability so that it's +2 on kills and -1 for non-creep deploy.
    Have creep either trigger from all sources or give mindtheif/phantasm basic attacks.

I like BansheeX's suggestion to maybe give a relic creep or creep synergy.

more synergy!

11. BansheeX

A few ideas i have brought up before on the old forum :)

1. Remove ethereal on Phantasmal and give it a basic attack. You need as many basic attacks as possible for the theme to work.

2. Buff or redesign snuff. It doesn't really help at the moment and seems to expensive for its effect. Even with the refund it is rarely worth casting. Its also weird that it is supposed to be both a zombie and Creep spell since they have no synergy with each other.

3. Some more intertheme synergy. Duskcreeper has it with improve range. Perhaps Improve Speed and Improve Damage could be added to other creeps? Phantasmal could be candidate for one of them.

4. Give creep Mobility if they are in a deployment zone. It would give them something to use it for other than deployment. Perhaps add something else to it as well. enemy champs could get - defense, Defenceless or some other negative thing while in the creeps territory.

5. Redesign a relic and/or equipment to have better synergy with creeps. 2 suggestions:
    Mist of the Dead relic. Rename it to Creep Nest. All Creeps within x spaces of this relic has territorial or Creeps in their deployment zone has Territorial.
    Mindflayer equipment. Add this to the description: If equipped on a Creep, upon death it will leap to the nearest friendly Creep in play. If no friendly creeps are in play it will be destroyed. That might make it worth using as an equipment you deploy from the runedock.

6. Remove Bileexplosion from MindflayerQueens upgrades (since its bugged), Mindflayer Jumper (since it will become redundant with equipment change) and Sacrifice.
    Add Rend 3 as upgrade.

Woffleet likes this.
  12. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

Make creep not to reduce the zone on mutant deploys.

Woffleet likes this.
  13. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

Would it not be better/more intersting to make creep trigger from non-basic kills? That way we don't have to give champions attacks that aren't designed for them.

14. aseryen

aseryen I need me some PIE!

Creep

Creep Master: Perhaps add an onkill benefit so that units with creep leave a deployment zone for X turns(based off size would be interesting). Only allow mutants to be deployed within that zone unless 3 or more creeps are in play in which any unit may be deployed.

15. Joker

Joker I need me some PIE!

Too soon to tell. with the new upcoming changes, maybe creeps get a rebalance? i'm looking forward to it.

The fun part is that old overpowered runes might get nerfed while the weaker runes won't ;)