Retri change and stitched

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LoganMkv, Apr 1, 2014.

1. only

only Active Member

if it's a small part of big plan, then it's good.
    if it's a mistake of new Council, then not so promising.
    it introduced some more inconsistencies and confusion across the board.
    such changes should be done globally, not 1 by 1 since the effect wouldn't please.

2. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

A new player that faces a displaced will be too hard to hear from beneath the 100 hp of meat that were thrown in his face, don't worry about him.

singinsammy and Mercer Skye like this.
  3. RedDain

RedDain I need me some PIE!

So fix the team interactions with Retri, and be done. Better yet, remove Team, Rider, and Headless champs (along with Pet controllers) from the game entirely - the level of HP/Nora they bring is completely outside and above the curve. Do something else with those abilities:

Team: This unit does double damage when it is within 6 spaces of the an identical champ.
    Rider: This champ can dismount, and gains a ranged attack
    Headless: When this champ reaches 0 HP, it remains on the board for two rounds with Wandering, Manic, and +5 damage.
    Pet: This champ has a special attack (like hawk attack) in which its pet is summoned for that turn, and can attack (Hippo charge/gore, wolf melee attack/rend, and so forth).

4. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

Or at least make the HP consequential to the tempo/upfront cost in a more fair way.
    I would rate the "double champion" abilities as this, from less tempo hit to most:
    1) Pet: you can use all the HP you paid for right away, and they are completely independent.
    2) Team: Your champion has essentially HPx2, with a minor buff once it hits half his HP.
    3) Rider: You don't lose board position when your champion dies, but the champions is brand new (doesn't carry buffs or AP) and ussually significantly weaker
    4)Double trouble: you don't lose board position but the champions are much weaker.
    5)Brainless: You don't lose board position but the combat capabilities of the champ are nullified, it's susceptible of heavy control from the enemy
    6)Reanimate: You lose board position.
    7)Phylactery bound: You lose more board position than with reanimate because the phylactery is vulnerable.

5. Paper Skull

Paper Skull I need me some PIE!

New Ronin champ confirmed. Picture mostly blurred out.

6. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Sorry, but my point still stands. Feel the wrath of the nerf hammer, and go ahead nerf KF into the ground. I'll still be good at this game. :)

7. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

wat

8. Xiape

Xiape I need me some PIE!

Yeah I approve of the retribution change. Destroying your own stitched for retribution and then reconstructing it shouldn't be allowed. Retribution destroys the champion for a reason.

9. only

only Active Member

if Stitcheds are considered to be the most offending (powerwise) theme/deck right now, then I support this nerf/change wholeheartedly.

but if Stitcheds are victim of other offenders, they deserve a refund.

there is a reason the strongest UD rune (Sacrifice) isn't being played in Stitcheds.

Kiergana+Rage Band is fine I suppose.

10. TheNidhogg

TheNidhogg I need me some PIE!

Because 2x Retri is better?

BurnPyro likes this.
  11. Greysands22

Greysands22 I need me some PIE!

Who runs stitched with keirgana when you can have sarinda with murder?

You really don't NEED sac/ret to win with stitch.

12. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

Team is a horrible ability and should be removed.

13. MentalMoles

MentalMoles I need me some PIE!

I think this is actually a long known bug more than anything. However stitched could do with a buff now this has been fixed.

14. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

+1 Its a huge blow to Stitched.

15. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

It doesn't cover the core problem of stitched at all.

And I'm highly skeptical when it comes to buffing stitched, when they were at their best (two times) they basically reigned the meta like no other bg and everything else just got grinded down in efficiency without much counterplay except a good rush.

16. LoganMkv

LoganMkv I need me some PIE!

Zealotry is strong in you guys.
    Once again, leaving remains on death is stitched racial, and it's absolutely normal that they have synergy with some sacrificing spells/abilities, unless it's broken like sac spell.

By following your logic:
    Skywings come in play with ap and have blitz and stuff, so it's unfair that they can be quickened! Let's them lose 5 ap and 9 dmg if you quicken em!
    Paladins heal a lot and can charge you on demand, so it's unfair that they can be RDed! Let's them lose race paladin if you RD em!
    Skeletons can deploy undercosted 70 nora Bane Shift every turn, so it's unfair that they can be mobilized! Let's them lose boosts and ichors if you cast mobi!
    And so on.

Btw, I'm pretty sure that retri was intended to leave remains, otherwise recons would have been 0 nora like clones/korsien/etc.

17. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

Let's hold on clamoring for too much in the way of buffs for anything until we see how this big rebalancing shakes out.

18. RedDain

RedDain I need me some PIE!

Skywings are ridiculous too, and I hope they get similarly knocked down to size.

19. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

I approve of the change.

20. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

I imagine almost everyone who does not play Stitched do.

singinsammy likes this.