Retri change and stitched

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LoganMkv, Apr 1, 2014.

1. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

It seems that you're implying that retri-stitched was a healthy mechanic for the game.

I'll give you a chance to explain before I shake my head

Pedeguerra likes this.
  2. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Fatality

3. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

No, those champs need to drop globes because just like swarms, they are a legit champ so they aren't 0 nora.

Your choice of argument is pretty poor.

4. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

This is killing synergy, if a tap was needed, I'd have chosen other place to do so, but it seems stitched were collateral victims of other change.
    If you deny stitcheds his death benefit portion and then compensate, you are drifting away from his core gameplay and more into the standard conception of champions.
    What will be next? no remains if the stitcheds are killed in your turn because recontructing is so easy in that case?

5. RedDain

RedDain I need me some PIE!

Sorry, no. Death benefit is one thing, but out-of-line death benefit is another.
    Synergy is one thing, and OP is another.

6. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

Synergy can be OP, so you can choose between killing the synergy or toning down the parts to a bearable state.
    Retribution doesn't leave remains= synergy killed
    Reconstructed stitcheds are bloodless= synergy toned down
    Retribution escalating in a non linear way = synergy toned down
    Reconstructed stitcheds are 0 nora cost= synergy toned down
    These are just examples and not propositions.

7. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

None of these adress the fundamental flaw retri + getting a champ, toned down or not. There's a bunch of fundamental mechanics in this game that out to be respected to keep balance up, regardless of whether a theme is good or not. Allowing an interaction to exist that is fundamentally wrong because a theme isn't great is just postponing your problems and making balance worse in the long run. What should be done is remove the interaction and compensate accordingly.

8. Gedden

Gedden Administrator Octopi

The best argument I have read here was saying that the difference between team and rider is not apparent at face value. I think this is totally valid. Team only existed on a single unit before the displaced. Also given that it was only partially implemented on The Displaced I dont think the effects were fully understood when this was done. I think revisiting the two units with Team makes a lot of sense, and I will get to that when I can.

I want to be clear, what was done here was removal of retribution as special case of sacrifice/destroying. Both Retribution and Sacrifice say they sacrifice the champion. Retribution was killing the champion instead of sacrificing/destroying it. Here are some other spells that sacrifice/destroy in the same way
    • Foul Rite
    • Fuel
    • Last Stand
    • Implant
    • Summoning Ritual
    • Unbending Force
    • Sacrifice
    • Retribution (new!)
    I will also say that we seem to use destroy and sacrifice interchangeably, where as they both mean the same thing, which is disinct from "killed" or "removed from play".

TeaNinja likes this.
  9. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Lol....... Read what Gedden posted.

10. RedDain

Yes! This!! Because let's say I run a UD/KF Delim/Fuel/WoodElemental BG. If Fuel didn't sacrifice the champ, I could get an insane amount of free damage by repeatedly Casting Fuel on my wood elemental... and lots of BIG FAT Nora globes!! Then I could Retri my wood elemental, get the nora globe and get the elemental back (plus the globe from the destroyed sapling)...

Oh, but wait, that destroys wood elemental synergy with Retri and the death benefit aspect of running any transplant champ...

BurnPyro likes this.
  11. TeaNinja

TeaNinja I need me some PIE!

Maybe these two abilities could be consolidated.

12. LoganMkv

LoganMkv I need me some PIE!

Retri on wood elemental is nothing special.
    Fuel is broken cause it gens nora, and btw currently channel:fuel is working on bloodless champs and can be abused for shitload of free nora (I'm actually surprised no one uses that abuse it in ranked).

13. RedDain

If the Wood Elemental respawns, then Retri on him is something special, because you get the damage from Retri and the nora globe from the elemental and the Elemental Back.

There are people abusing both Fuel and the Fuel bug in ranked.

14. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

Tehy are not abusers, they are pillars of the community "using the bug to create awareness of it" :mad::rolleyes:

15. RedDain

Oh. Right. Forgot that part, sorry.
    ;p