revamp feedback thread

Discussion in 'Underdepths' started by badgerale, Jul 4, 2014.

1. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

I believe one of the revamp goals was to keep champs to a limited number of roles, it may be that this suggestion fills to many.

2. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

The main thing about his recent rework was spell presence manipulation, resonance was just a counter and posses is the new thing that makes little sense from a game standpoint. You could give him 3 ranks of sentry on the second path then.

3. caine1138

caine1138 Well-Known Member

Nefari Siphon is dealing too much dmg. Between Rend 5 from doombringer and burn 5 from siphon, folks are just keeling over. Its ok from doombringer cause his cost accounts for it fairly. Siphon though, either needs a cost raise or a different upgrade than burn. Drain, Lifedrain Aura, Torch or anything that would work as a siphoning like ability... would make for a nice replacement. Would make him less of a multi purpose champ.

Also thanks for making some more demons out of those nifty spiders, in particular... cinderpede.

4. caine1138

Familiar would be improved a lot if it could have a build that had both flame charge and tempo(this so he can be deployed before PoV and flame charge immediately), or favor and fire charge(this was my preferred build post revamp).

5. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

How do people feel about the rend 1,2,3 upgrade path? It's on loads of UD champs. Personally I only ever take rend 1 as I don't feel like the cost is justified - is this a common view or is it just me?

Rend 1 +0
    Rend 2 +3
    Rend 3 +6

6. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

I like to take 1 on melee champs and 3 on anything with 3 or more range

theKraken likes this.
  7. theKraken

theKraken I need me some PIE!

Yeah on melee its no big, rank 3 dots on range is a powerful thing and its everywhere right now (all factions)

8. RasielCZ

RasielCZ I need me some PIE!

Wall of text incomming
    redcaps could use +5 nora, they have 1:1 hp to nora atm (with banner)
    balefire needs something not to be just a worse raider
    aspect of oblivion costs too much
    bok warden could use -5 nora
    doom is too expensive, but that might be a good thing
    gloombringer is outclassed by nefari reaper
    hekatian arbiter seems 10 nora too expensive
    I dont like bloodguard, get rid of pet and focus more on main champ imo
    Voidraker lost all that made her what she was, now she cant disable a champ with confuse + void touch and she is not a reliable tank either having lost both bleed and life siphon, void shield is now a non factor
    i really dont like conduit on griefbrearer, it is so easy to just instagib him with globals, i would appreciate a non conduit upgrade option (i would even pay nora for vourneability there)
    pit dragon is too expensive, needs exer or 7 spd to justify cost
    servile brute could use -20 nora and it would still most likely not be played
    Soulbleeder and and soulthirster seem to be too expensive, mainly thirster with minimal starting damage
    succubus could use -5 nora
    Unhigned bok is unreasonably expensive
    ireguard seems a bit expensive, not sure if his abilites justify the cost

TeaNinja likes this.
  9. Legato

Legato I need me some PIE!

Between Accrue, Mutli 1/2 and 6 speed Abyssal Fiend is pretty much the cheapest 8 speed unit UD has (costs 63-66)
    I'd like to see Pin Down return to Warden...the biggest allure in using her was trapping the stuff you revealed. Honestly though I wish they just made her ranged, melee 'humps' for attacks are so weird with her bow wielding.
    With all the large champions running around it's really apparent UD really lacks capabe large units that are actually worthwhile (and the only ones who are viable are, by a large majority, attack: fire).
    On a semi-related note Colossal should not affect units with Hunter: Giant.
    For Void Shield to actually have impact Voidraker needs to either be tankier or have healing via life siphon again. As it is now, it's pretty much a huge sandbag. Would start with returning 2 def, at least.
    Bloodguard is a unit whose crippling range and health makes her a support unit who is only good for Drive... It always felt like you paid for the pet, and I always liked the idea of getting rid of it and making her better, but that's magnified 5 times now.
    I'd like to see her 1-2 returned and Defensive Strike back, for synergy with the pet.
    Otherwise completely redesign/price her without access to the pet. Blood-based support rune, maybe 3-4 or 1-2.

Agreed, I don't see myself ever taking Rend 3, should be closer to +2 and +4, at least and even then I'd still take the cheapest option.

Things in general I'd like to see returned:
    A cheap source of swap 3
    Relocate Foe
    Hallucinogenic (I miss this a lot on the Deceiver, but he's still good so on some other unit would be fine).

Last edited: Jul 5, 2014
    TeaNinja and theKraken like this.
  10. theKraken

theKraken I need me some PIE!

The only problem I see with rend (dots in general) its a jeck of alot better on ranged champs and this need reflected in their base cost.

caine1138 likes this.
  11. MogaBait

MogaBait I need me some PIE!

I just wanted to stop in and say that minotaurs are still doing fine and all of them are viable options within their theme.

The only thing I would like to see in the future are minotaurs that are outside of the beater role and another source of mino magic dmg would be welcome, though this comment might be out of the scope of the revamp.

I'd also like to second that dot costs be revised in regards to melee champs vs ranged champs

Thanks for the help badger

EDIT: I haven't had a chance to play with malandur yet (I don't have him), so my first comment doesn't apply to him. Just going by appearances he seems overshadowed by instigator, flamecrusher, and fury, which all share the same role as him.

EDIT 2: There are also a lot of bugs with dimension door

Last edited: Jul 6, 2014
    SPiEkY likes this.
  12. caine1138

I also think Fire Eater, or Fire Immunity, is a must have base ability on Maxxarek, simply due to his maneuverability... or lack thereof.

theKraken likes this.
  13. Mannfreid2

Mannfreid2 New Member

I like Deep Elf Mercenary and fire dancer and temptress now. They suddenly actually work well now. i don't think they are over the top.

It seems silly to make Deep Elf Fanatic, an Exo, have to pick between surge: demon and Pounce.

But as a deep elf theme player, I am liking the changes overall, to what I've seen. I was upset at first. but once I played with them a bit, i could see that they seemed to play better together.

14. Burcho

Burcho I need me some PIE!

I'm not a very skilled player or have much experience, but many champs seem bland, I have gone over most of them (I left out stitched as agirgis made proposals elsewhere and he knows them best)

I tried not to propose op things, but tried to get some more options on champs who only have 2 options in an upgrade path, bring back lost abilities and get some more synergie with trail firewall and try to find some things to make shoebox runes more interesting.

angel of pain magic attack please

ash demon knockback in shadowspawn/still life path (only has 2 options anyway)

balefire knight: swoop in fire resist path, keep resist 1-3

bunny lord: regal presence/majestic in second path with camaderie/lava storm or even better instead of leap 1-2 in first path

captive lorekeeper: council spells/spell aegis/relieve instead of death nova electricity (or punishing aura)

cavernspawn: rend/kill frenzy/deep wounds instead of 3x rend

corrupted overlord: scale armour/collosal or knockback as third option with the 2 water options

deep elf monk: nohkando in second upgrade

deep elf ritualist: sustain/blood for nora in first path

flowing ember: hallucinogenic or fascinate with searing aura and fire accolite path

hook fiend repulsion/battle drum in latch on/bind path

deep elf temptress: tame beast, summon snake, poison, sting, fascinate, dispell, abash (she seemed very boring, yet cheap). Still 5 range sucks.

demonologist: ranged again, loyalty in summon imp path as third option

flame skitter: same range as flame skitter form (jk, nerf skitter form)

gloombringer: goblin thievery (only on 2 goblins anymore; no idea what 44 hp 0 def life siphon unit still does), so preferably leech vitality

greater pitspawn: frightfull blows in second path

grundel alpha: path one: improve speed regen 1-2, path two: horrific howl, frightful blows, reflection (make it more interesting then the regular one)

lavaspout: lavawalker -> lava born

murk demon: conceal, psychic aura in first path

magma/norafire elemental: immunity fire in first path (with terraform lava) which seems logical to me

nightfall spider: windstriker in first path with cloak

nefari soul torch: fire aura instead of a damage shield fire

nefari messenger: secure fonts with regen path

nefari guardian: font defender in either path

nefari griefbearer: depression in conduit path

nefari griefsinger: deafening aura with sonic aura path

ripdemon alpha: fire feed with regeneration path, intimidating in damage shield path

sheoul magus: path one -Attack charged 2/ Abuse charged 2/ Ally Forsaken Waste or defile corpse
    path 2 -Charged attack/ Life siphon/ life drinker (loses bleed and shatter), range 1-2 or 2-3

siege monger: crushing charge or trample in second ability, siege seems appropriate toosoulcrawler: petrifying gaze in massive leap path

succubus: fascinate instead of charm 1

unhinged bok: hostile in enrage path (you control this and good with manic)

edited with some ideas from another thread

Last edited: Jul 31, 2014
  15. TeaNinja

TeaNinja I need me some PIE!

Prince Malandur looks overcosted, though I have not played an actual game with him yet so I will reserve further judgement for now.

I do wish that his first upgrade path was Gore/Bind/Exertion 3 instead of just Exertion 1/2/3.

Ember Wasp is undercosted.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2014
  16. MogaBait

MogaBait I need me some PIE!

Malandur is decent, I use him mostly for regal presence. He's a unit which gets a bullseye marked on his back pretty quickly, and bringing him into melee range often results in him being one rounded before I can use him to full potential. Comparably, the battlemage is in the same cost range and is also seen as a high priority threat, but is more durable and mobile.

17. TeaNinja

TeaNinja I need me some PIE!

Stitched First needs Transfer Life 2, Relocate Relic, or Psychic Ping 2 on base to be worth its current nora cost.

Stiched Merged should lose Exertion 1/2/3 in favor of something else...I really don't like Exertion and Tough on the same champion...seems counter productive to have a Loss of Life price on a champion so expensive with Tough, considering Tough does not reduce Loss of Life. Not sure what to replace that upgrade path with yet.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2014
  18. HannibalFee

HannibalFee Devotee of the Blood Owl

Does anyone else think angel of pain is a little low compared to the other angels? I wish she had attack magic and a bit better range, although escalation is pretty cool on her I guess it doesn't really make up for the lack of usefulness compared to others angels since we have enough damage in UD already.

19. Engleberry

Engleberry The King of Potatoes

Put Torch as an upgrade path with fire acolyte so that we can choose between them? It'd make her a decent ranged unit in a Fire BG or an anti-healer if that's what you want her to be. Acolyte and Torch clash too much for it to be useful.