Revamp Gems

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by BroWatchThis, Jun 26, 2014.

1. unclebeer

unclebeer New Member

I like elsari mason. Mason 1 and Bone Mason 1 means he's a 47 nora, 6 speed, 44 hp meat shield. Ok in skeletons. Bone mason cancels out the scorn he comes with.

2. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

Animated Blade - 7spd flying multi attack!

Bilezombie - now has 2 novas!

3. unclebeer

unclebeer New Member

I've seen animated blade mentioned elsewhere as being good too. I'm on the fence about him. 32 base hp is pretty squishy. Doesn't have any skills like dodge or whatnot to add to his survivability.

4. Nite2kill

Nite2kill I need me some PIE!

I think Blade was always a 7 speed multi attack flying champ

Changes after revamp
    minus 1 defense
    minus 13 HP
    minus 2 in cost
    minus Stat bonus damage and health​

super71 likes this.
  5. Tal3234

Tal3234 Devotee of the Blood Owl

wow, 2 novas = 26 dmg + scour 2.. the new kamikame meat.. :D

6. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

Most of the good tanky units got hit hard when it comes to damage. For instance, the Crawmangler (not FW, I know), went from 12 damage to 6. So... When he does two attacks now, he can do just as much damage as he used to. Oh yay, I feel so happy. That happened to most tanks as far as I can see, except for the ones that cost 100+, but we're not really counting them right now, are we?

7. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

Dark favor 3 is a strong ability that definitely has significant board impact.
    This ability still makes Xulos playable so the potential for 2 procs possibly more may be bg worthy.

8. Shimaru

Shimaru Devotee of the Blood Owl

Nora cost. Compare the nora cost. Before the revamp, it was priced at 74n, but by picking the minimal upgrades (rend and multi 1, which is a no brainer, imo), it cost now 60n. There are not many flying 7 spd champions right now within the 64n mark.

StupidJerk and Nite2kill like this.
  9. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

Yeah... He's good. Though I have noticed a distinct lack of Shatter now, which could turn into a problem later on.

10. StupidJerk

StupidJerk I need me some PIE!

I still don't see the big deal about zombies. Is it that they're too expensive now? The removal of ZA from multiple units isn't impossible to deal with, since it procs off of race:zombie rather than the ability itself. You can load up a deck with cheap zombies and use the ZA units to last hit, similar to battle leader or soulharvester. Granted, I'm pretty new to FW, so there might be something I'm overlooking, but they still look pretty good.

11. mortemdeus

mortemdeus Member

You are missing lumbering and how impossible it is to set up that last kill with a ZA unit that has it because of how easy it is to avoid. That an no units with ZA have range...

12. StupidJerk

Fair enough. What if they put Zombie Plague on more units? That way, setting up ZA would be easier and it would allow you to last hit units more freely, but it would be cleansable to facilitate counter-play.

13. GoldTiger

GoldTiger I need me some PIE!

Elsari swordmage:
    60 hp
    15dmg
    teleport

BOSS

Ethereal soldier is cheap as chips. Deathcaster is a tanky range unit that is cheappp. Executioner... Mark...
    Collection of souls can potentially return to its former glory. Fun champs fun times.

14. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

I thought executioner was a zombie? I also thought high warlock was and i know ghoul was so why did they take out so many good zombies and give them lame race undead.

15. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Executioner has never been race zombie. Abomination was and still is.

16. BroWatchThis

BroWatchThis Devotee of the Blood Owl

Yeah Elsari Swordmage is currently my favorite tank/beater. Don't forget Magic Bomb!!! He is amazing at eating up and dishing out damage in my witch/pain curse bg.

17. BroWatchThis

They did that because they want Protectorate to remain on the top of the ladder.

18. StupidJerk

Well, the Protectorate are the good guys.

19. mortemdeus

mortemdeus Member

Honestly, ZA should grant ZP not swarm. Zombies are slow and easy enough to kill, and Zombie Plague can be cleansed anyway.

StupidJerk likes this.
  20. BroWatchThis

True, but the bad guys are usually stronger and more formidable (look at Star Wars, Star Trek: Into Darkness, David and Goliath, etc.).

In all honesty, I firmly believe that nora costs factor in our faction bonus of 60% CD reduction... which is a bunch of bs. I don't see KF champs getting nora costed to have +1 spd&max ap, or ST to have +10 hp and so on.

Does it ever feel that way to you too?