Rework of sandbagged runes: Imps

Discussion in 'Underdepths' started by Alakhami, Feb 15, 2016.

1. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

Like altered lemure with 55 hp for 50 nora?

2. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

I wouldn't say he's tanky, but ya I guess he works.

3. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

I think they should retain their squishiness. Imps should have some kind of way to deal with it though.

4. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Whoever put mischief as an upgrade option really made the theme unplayable. They have very few ways of dealing with tanks, they are all pricey for having sub-par stats. Every imp is in the low to mid 70's, I agree with @Cydna they have 0 tanks and even with the ud bonus they have okay damage nothing great. Also their range is pretty bad which is expected in ud, i'd like to see imps get some more abilities like cackle, blind, things of that nature.

Imp vixen losing leech vitality would be pretty great, and get something different to help her survivability.

Shadow hunter's second upgrade line is garbage and cold probably get a rework.

All in all imps I think have what might be the worst exotic and legendary runes in the game right now.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2016
  5. Heart

Heart I need me some PIE!

What if mischief and goblin thievery was combined into the same ability, and both goblins and imps shares this as a racial? It'd give a lot more diversity to both themes, and wouldn't need to be filled in with new runes to support the theme which both themes really need.

Target opponent creature within three spaces loses 1 ap. Friendly goblins and imps within 6 spaces gain ap equal to the amount lost, and one random ability from that same target opponent.

6. super71

No would be way too overpowered.

7. super71

The biggest problem with ud right now is they really don't have many good support runes other than imp alchemist. They have no way to boost stats such as boost, sermon, or even any defensive support champs with healing, empathy or shroud. They are stuck in a game where the only solution is to rush and more often than not, they are rushing into enemy units with higher damage, higher range, higher hp, and cheaper.

For some reason when ud receives any buffs they are immediately nerfed into oblivion.

I look at other factions and kinda just laugh sometimes

Sheoul monstrosity

Damage-8
    Speed- 6
    Range- 1
    Defense- 2
    Hp- 55

Nora cost 74
    call of the hunter
    crushing charge
    tough 1

Barbarian Commander
    Damage- 12
    Speed- 6
    Range- 1
    Defense- 3
    Hp- 50

Nora cost 71 with
    Battle leader and commander

Barbarian commander outclasses monstrosity in cost, and how powerful commander and battle leader are. They also have the same damage, another problem has become ud's bonus which is pre-nerfing runes and then getting Bane Shift abilities to make up the cost. Also ud doesn't have any ways to buff damage really so by the time these two actually get to fighting commander has like 18 damage and like 6 defense thanks to all the overpowered is spells and aid defense and other battle leader champs.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2016
    Alakhami likes this.
  8. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Not saying disagreeing that Barb Commander is superior, but Sheoul dude was op as hell on release. The reason he's like this now is because he got nerfed. Also he has Enrage to up his damage and makes him 2 nora cheaper, and you forgot to mention Constriction.

9. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Lol at saying that monstosity is bad because he's worst than barb commander.

10. super71

Ehhh enrage over call of the hunter, idk about that one. He was broken on release for like a week and then nerfed like 3 times. I did forget to mention constriction, my bad. My main point is many factions do what ud used to do better. Ud used to be known for their damage and relocate effects, now they are a sub-par damage faction with little range and a piss poor spell selection other than maybe 3 or 4 spells, they also have few support champs.

The faction as a whole is in a rough spot right now, i'd take just about every meta over the ud meta right now. Also ud themes besides bleed and minotaurs have no real synergy compared to other factions themes.

Alakhami likes this.