Salaman Master Battlegroup Thread

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by doubtofbuddha, Jan 20, 2016.

1. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

Makorov and Skullferno like this.
  2. Skullferno

Skullferno I need me some PIE!

Here it is the golden build boys. Let the rains of sorrow make a sea of blood of thou enemies.

https://poxbase.com/deck/C5Ncv6CxQckzCxmCtFcwGc3XCjUcoHsqs1Pr3mr2LrhrNrGrWr48e3oE3Oe23e3q

Now not everything is up to date just yet, but fire salaman is good. Font of restoration is meta again. Nora Pearls is great in this bg.
    The idea is just to swarm em hardcore. I played a game vs Cynda(Covah) and at one point I had around 6 flashbombs on the map that he couldn't do anything about.

Makorov likes this.
  3. Skullferno

Skullferno I need me some PIE!

I have yet to redo my FS IS salamans. I am gonna attempt that in a day or two.

4. doubtofbuddha

You really should try Poison Dart. It is really good.

5. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

6. Atherhog

Atherhog I need me some PIE!

Are you wanting to stay as highlander as possible?

7. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

I am willing to compromise on the highlander portion but I remain steadfast about not running any spells so I can use the Nora Pearl.

Leadrz likes this.
  8. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

that's fist thing i did when salaman got made this way.

9. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

I feel like salamans are a bit incomplete still, they lack a solid ranged unit and the front line is a bit flimsy, (Dervish are privateers)
    https://poxbase.com/deck/CxQckzCqYCxmCtFcwGCjUcoHCaPCaUr2LRhrNr3irWe1be2GE2qe3OE2w
    Almost everything doubled is the clear sign of a theorical bg

If you splash 4 units, were 2 are ranged units and 2 are tanks you may get good results, in this case crawmanglers because it looks like a good all purpose tank and dusk shamans because escalation is sort of another wincon for the bg.
    The support section is focused on spell-like effects, with ap gen with horn and sudden damage with destiny, helm and mask, but that's up to preference, I would not let pass the power of reduced cooldown piercing shot (works on melee), assasinate or invigorate tough and I don't feel like thunder does a better job than these. I don't play the theme but this bg is focused on stalling and creeping later, with reclaim relic appraisers, 8 range hunters and escalating shamans your opponent will be overwhelmed, and spammed flash bangs with crawmanglers and the threath of elites and privateers high damage output should be enough to deter advances.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2016
    Leadrz likes this.
  10. Atherhog

11. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

12. Atherhog

I'd say you can be flexible on it. For me, it's another spell deterrent more than anything. You cost them nora with nora pearls and reduce damage with lotus altar - it just makes casting spells less attractive and if they do it anyway... well, less damage and some nora as well, happy times.

13. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

i place it just off a font. most people seem to ignore it o_O

14. doubtofbuddha

I honestly think it is a mistake not to be running 2 of the privateer and 2 of the appraiser. These guys are core to the survivability and power of the battle group. Like I always run 2 Trappers too, but with them, at least, I can see arguments for running one. There are no good arguments for not running two of the appraiser and privateer.

Ohmin and Atherhog like this.
  15. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

considering that 2 trappers will reduce your cooldowns by 2, meaning that you could pull two invigorates, assasinations or piercing shots in the same turn just by deploying some relic or equip, it's hard not to include two also.

Ohmin likes this.
  16. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Ingenuity is the heart and soul of the Salaman (BG). I don't see any good argument to not double on all of 'em if you're playing with Salaman as a theme.

doubtofbuddha likes this.
  17. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Speaking of Cooldown Reduction, has anyone else been experimenting with Rite of Empathy? I know, I know, it's a spell, but it interacts well with Trapper, and AoE heals can be useful, especially if you also run some Soulspheres.

I'm not solid on it of course, still just experimenting, but was wondering what others thought and if they've tried it yet.

18. doubtofbuddha

The problem essentially comes down to Rite of Empathy being a spell, and the best way* to run salaman is with no spells and nora pearls. Running Rite of Empathy is too costly to that best ay to make it a really good idea.

*probably

IMAGIRL likes this.