Sand Elemental

Discussion in 'Sundered Lands' started by BurnPyro, Jun 13, 2015.

1. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Firking beast

Anima26 likes this.
  2. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

I guess, if you're into boring short-ranged units that don't do anything.

I mean I get that he's tankier than most range, but he just seems so dull...........if he had some more appealing options on his second upgrade line then I might run him.

3. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

tunnel is sandbaggy

but those stats

also, 2-4 range with mobility, 12 damage and 3 defense 50+ hp calcify is nothing to sneeze at

4. Raxar

Raxar I need me some PIE!

I've had some experience with him and he is really weird to use sometimes. If he could attack at melee he would be baller.

5. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

the 6 months sleeper hit

Dolcebrodude likes this.
  6. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

dumdumdumdumdumdumdumdumdumdum

7. fattyy2k

fattyy2k I need me some PIE!

I think range 1-2 would be better

Anima26 likes this.
  8. lordcreep

lordcreep The King of Potatoes

sand ele is a beast 100% i love this rune i do wish he could attack at melee but meh at his cost with how good his stat line is why not run it you know

9. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

I like tainting Sand Elementals in my Sand Draksar deck.

Goyo likes this.
  10. lordcreep

oooooo interesting i havent tried this im gonna have to give it ago could you imagen taint sand ele then channel violance my god

Anima26 likes this.
  11. Anima26

I like it. He benefits from the Regen 3 too with high def and calcify. Sandstalker Lord is a beast too imo if u can generate enough sand for Desert Master.

Goyo likes this.
  12. lordcreep

yeah thats true i mean dune walkers with sand veil would be a good option seeing as they are cheap and will put most of your champs on sand give the lord sandstriker and watch him smash face i mean you could go over the top and give him dunewalkers mantel and give the lord hidden sand instead of sandstriker and watch him be sneaky af

13. Anima26

I like to run Sand Fall on my Dunewalkers for more regular sand gen. Sand Fall is nice when combined with Tunnel: Sand. Im running Desert Camo on my Sandstalker Lords atm instead of Sandstriker so i can equip Mantles on, although i do end up equipping my Draksar Psions with the Mantles most of the time. I wish more units had Desert Camo, i like its flavor. Dunewalker, Sandstalker Lord and Psions are my main deploys a lot of the time, with Sand Eles and ranged Popes.
    I do have a Skywing Imperator in there too for more sand gen and aoe bombs.

Goyo likes this.
  14. Anima26

I find the BG lacks a little in sand generation, i dont want to run Sand Gen relic as its easily thwarted and is very slow if it actually doesnt get destroyed. Sand Draksar could do with a little more sand gen perhaps. Draksar Sandstriker and Dunewalkers are all i have really for sand gen that isnt Trail: Sand.

15. lordcreep

yeah ill be giving it a go as well my sand group has a lot of sand veil and heaps of sand spout so im hoping its going to be enough to take advantage of tunnels and what not but if it doesnt ill be changing it up to see if it works better and i was umming and ahhing about camo on the lords but seeing as the game is moving in the direction that range is a huge thing might be a better idea than hidden which is what im running

16. lordcreep

if thats the case maybe sandstorm i know its really not that good but it could help in that spot as its only 35 to use and if you got heaps of tunnels which i assume you do should get things right in there on high prioty targets

17. Anima26

Im unsure which is better as both work well as anti range mechanics. I like Desert Camo though. :)
    Draksar Sandstriker has Desert Front or Sand Fall too, i forgot about him, i only run 1x.

I forget about Sand Storm. I dont actually have a copy of that spell atm for some reason.
    I want to add 2x Farcrags Sandkip aka Dubkip for more sand generation and Sirocco and Burning Sandspout, he looks really cool and is really cheap if u take Trail: Sand and Tunnel: Sand. Sandspout is nice though. I can always Taint him too if needed so hes an adopted Draksar.

Edit: On subject of Sandkip i hope they dont push Sand into a Beast only theme, that would suck for my Sandstalkers.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2015
  18. lordcreep

yeah they got really nice i enjoy running them i think sand fall is good on him for sand gen but desert font i think would be better only because it garentees that he gets hidden but if your using him for sand gen i think sand fall is a good option to pick when i play him just like you only run 1 because lets be honest lords are so much better lol

19. Anima26

Yeah, hes a tad expensive too and dies very easily if he is de stealthed. I like Desert Front but its such a giveaway when hes stealthed, your opponent knows exactly where he is unless the map is totally flooded with sand already.

vitor likes this.
  20. lordcreep

yeah that is true but what i find is that most of the time they have to waste a spell or have to really dive in to get it which does help you sometimes i love it when they waste a spell on finding him and then bam there it is between 40 to 60 nora wasted but sand fall helps heaps as well because you can hide him better but for 74 nora you have a very good point makes thing really hard