Seism just showcases how horribly broken banners are

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BurnPyro, Sep 12, 2016.

1. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

List of game changing equips

withering fern
    shimmering flower
    special prize
    cloak of skulls
    reaper's blade
    vendetta
    earthgod sigil
    star catalog
    any equips that are hard counters to amp bgs- darkmarsh blackstaff, idol of elements
    ball and chain
    demon shield
    protean chains
    arachnablade
    bloodthirsty blade on high damage champs
    forbidden fruit

All those runes are problematic against certain bgs and some of them are problematic against all bgs, fern, flower, earthgod sigil. Sure I could probably play around those things, however when your menelaus gets equipped with earthgod you better believe you need some damn shatter.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2016
  2. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

lol

3. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

My FW/ST deck uses banner because the champions are mostly FW, the couple of champs i do have from ST are supportive anyway, like Phoenix. I get the 5hp from banner and an extra 5hp from ST bonus .

4. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

I'm gonna keep it extremely real here:
    the amount of nonsense in this thread is hilarious.

SPiEkY likes this.
  5. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

This.

6. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

without banners there wouldnt be much of a reason to run full faction bgs. Heroes were already gutted, i think seism should be reworked but i dont really have an issue with banners even tho they are strong.

7. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

ARISE OH THREAD OF AGONY AND RAGE.

@Sokolov "counter every possible game in the game has always been fakse."
    This amuses me greatly, though it also makes me sad because I can see the amount of frustration you had in this discussion Sok. :(

Back to serious business.

I believe an easy fix would be to make it so that Banners cannot be deployed unless in Full Faction bgs (similar to the way Heroes are currently), and then give them a range of 8 on their ability. The cost and HP can easily stay the same.

Another idea is to make the ability be activated for them, and instead of adding HP it instead heals:
    "This relic has ABILITYNAME (Friendly champions that share a faction with this relic are healed for 5 HP and have +1 damage for X turns. Cooldown Y.)."

We need to remember that we're looking for a way to make Banners not auto in everything, in order to free up deck space. They aren't really op, but the current design could be considered "broken" to some degree.

8. GoldTiger

GoldTiger I need me some PIE!

Wouldn't solve the problem. Putting banner in mid is just as good, sometimes a lot better some times a lot worse, than putting it at your font or shrine. The way I play putting banner in mid is often a preferable play (snap tooth ancient contests and can attack font champs for example). They have to deal with it so then it becomes a contest a font 20hp, 20 Nora piece of meat (already good) that allows me to position better and also buffs me. A range limit or a heal doesn't change it imo.

9. SireofSuns

What if the ability started on cooldown or costed nora?

10. TeaNinja

TeaNinja I need me some PIE!

I agree but I see more splits than ff from the battlemasters I've played against.

11. TeaNinja

Agreed.

12. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

wait, can stitched really gain +10 hp and 2 extra danage from banners? lol....

on topic, I can;t imagine summonning being viable at all without banners, at least for certain themes. There are so many hard counters to summons, that they often have very low hp by the time they even come on the map due to some form of aoe. Why not just remove the damage portion of banners? Or up the nora cost? It seems like some themes really shouldn't need banners (Themes which rely on few units) so it is probably just a numbers

13. TeaNinja

If there were no +5 on Warbanners, then Pygmey Stampede would be countered by Deafening Aura and the game would implode.

Also Spiderling summons would need +10 HP. They already need +5.

14. SireofSuns

No, you can only have one Banner in your bg, and the banner's only effect units once regardless of anything else.

15. SireofSuns

That would suck, I'd hate to watch the entire game implode due to Pygmy Hippo Stampede not being over-efficient. (I'm being sarcastic). ;)

@GoldTiger
    What if the banner were more like the ability Rally?

BannerName
    Nora Cost: ##
    Description: This relic has AbilityName (Friendly champions that share a faction with this relic that come into play within 8 spaces of this relic permanently gain +1 damage and +5 HP. This effect does not stack.).

That would fix a LOT of problems I think. It would still allow you to contest fonts with it, but you'd get much less out of it for doing so, but also putting it in the way back of your Shrine's zone would also make it pretty much useless. So you'd want it to be somewhere near your front lines, likely in your forward font/deployment zone.
    Thoughts?

16. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

I like this idea a lot better.

Fun facts about banners:

Used to have 21 hp.
    Used to give 10% discount and 10 attack(about 1-2 damage for you noob's who didn't know an attack stat existed at all)
    Nerfed both of these.

After the nerf

Lots of better cards were created so the competition for the slot was increased.

Used to be optional unless you were sl(skeezick), fw, or sp and summon types (myx added from SL ud with spiders or is with construct)

Now with the game in shambles, suddenly this relic is auto include?

The forums now are such trash.

IronStylus likes this.
  17. bambino

bambino I need me some PIE!

give the banners ff hero status. (if played In a split faction bg, the relic is destroyed upon deploy) tada ....
    kinda dumb lore wise, if u could actually get an army of demons and elves to join forces,,, u think each side is gonna allow the others banner to be the symbol of the army?
    :) :)