sentry

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by Torgue, May 15, 2014.

1. Torgue

Torgue Member

This more like a general discussion but oh well. what is this 'spell presence' from Sentry ability? this ability does what exactly?

2. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Sentry = +2 Spell Presence
    Standard = 5
    Champion with Sentry is thus 7

3. Torgue

Torgue Member

so...having increased Spell presence does what?

4. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Gives you more range to use spells (and equipment I think).

5. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

It allows you to cast spells from a longer distance.

6. Torgue

Torgue Member

ahh...i see. thanks guys :)

7. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

My original change for the mnt sentry gave him Sentry rank 3 (only one other champ in the game that has it... in FS I think)... but it got scrubbed.

8. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

If you select a champion and press "P" you'll see his spell presence, that represents the places where you are allowed to cast spells and equip champions. Summons, illusions and relics have no spell presence.
    Abilities that affect spell presence are:
    faithless: this champion has 0 spell presence
    sentry 1,2,3: this champion's spell presence is increased by 1,2,3, flight grants sentry 2
    mystic push: friendly spell presence is increased by 1 and opposing is reduced by 1, this stacks, 2 means that you cannot use AoEs without damaging your champions

there are some spells too.

The most crazy spell presence champion is puppet master, with sentry 3 and mystic push it has 9! spell presence and it's a real lot, when you deploy another is 10 and your enemy 3, and if you deploy a couple battle mystics also is 12-1

9. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Interesting point Gab. If you split KF and UD (other synergies there too), and rank two PMs, two Mystics and two Mirrors you could have some fun being annoying to your enemy. Flying would have 1 spell presence, grounded -1, or 0.