Sever Summons is op

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sphere8274, Aug 24, 2015.

1. Sphere8274

Sphere8274 The King of Potatoes

As many of last patches severly hit summoned champions, I think the time to fix the ability of wipe the map just with one click is come. Making it reduce summons HP to 50% can be good, but there are maybe better solutions.

mw24 likes this.
  2. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

Summons are still OP. Once they have better ways to manage summons I would support this. But not now.

SaintKiwi, SPiEkY and daeminicus like this.
  3. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Yea no lol. There are too many ways of spamming summon champs six ways to sunday. Summon skeleton is so abundant. It is nice to know that a counter exists for this kind of garbage spam. Must be the end of the world if someone is defending summons again and trying to get sever summon nerfed hahha.

4. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Sever has a decently long CD if I recall. The summon player has quite a while to play around it.

Anima26 likes this.
  5. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

I think all it needs is a smaller AoE. If it was AoE 5 it wouldn't be such an absolute counter.

newsbuff likes this.
  6. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

make it AoE 5 and give it to every faction.

7. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

This is the kind of theme hard-counter that feels bad, man.

[​IMG]

8. Cough cough sp still doesnt have sever summons

Woffleet and RedScarlet like this.
  9. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

summon are OP...moving on?

10. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

I already told them this, nobody listens to me. lol. This ability should not exist.

11. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

loling!

12. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Cough cough FS still doesn't have spot cleanse wtf.

Anima26, IMAGIRL and doubtofbuddha like this.
  13. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

this is a bad solution, insantly killing summons is stupid. The game needs more stuff like shattered dreams.(assuming this ability is now costed properly)

Woffleet likes this.
  14. Qucas

Qucas Guest

Summons can be a major problem, instantly killing them is fine. Especially if it's in a smaller AoE.

15. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

In competitive games its not, lol. Summons and their rate of deploy should be balanced but if they aren't that doesn't mean that stuff like sever summons should exist, that means that they should be become better balanced.

16. ormen

ormen The King of Potatoes

please mw keep your rate of deploy at 1 per turn so i can crow storm you

17. avichaif

avichaif Devotee of the Blood Owl

why u think
    Sever Summons is op?
    it's only 8 squares
    and it's work on your champs too

18. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

because it makes champions and bg that spend a large amount of their nora cost on summons pretty much useless. shattered dreams is much more balanced as long as the ability is extremely cheap and not sandbagging champs. Even a stronger version would be nice but instant deletion of summoned units is dumb.

19. Qucas

Qucas Guest

I play competitively and have seen summons get pretty crazy, just because I'm a lower rank and haven't played as much as you doesn't make my opinion any less important.

20. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

Summons win games. Making a free champion when an enemy only deploys champions grants an absurd advantage. The only ways I see are severely toning down summon creation, or keeping the number of anti-summons, maybe increase them. Specially because including summon counters does reduce a BG's power.