Several OP decks; DevilsRath Edition

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by devilsrath, Apr 28, 2015.

1. TheBulwark

TheBulwark I need me some PIE!

Interesting that he is a 16 champ guy

2. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Thank you captain obvious.
    As far as I know Devils is probably around his mid/late 20s by now, and thats why I asked - because Im sure he has a lot of free time in his hands, and playing games like Dota or League would be probably more fun and rewarding.
    And Burn, maybe not drunk, but of course you can play high - I acctually play a lot better while I am, I get "into" the games more.

Pattn199 likes this.
  3. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

He's 22 I think. He plays some league. But work is work and gfs and parties don't do themselves.

Pattn199 likes this.
  4. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!

@devilsrath

Questions about the Skeezick BG.

Do you run double General because his cost got reduced so much?
    What purpose do double Warguard serve?
    What about adding a second Res Skeez? A Blackguard?
    Mage slot: Why do you choose to go for Nega instead of the alternatives (Wylder, Warmage etc)?
    Thoughts on the support runes? (Alchemist, Drummer etc)

Thanks in advance.

5. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

He is 23 it says on his forum profile. League and dota aren't really more fun than this game just more popular/more developed/better balanced in some ways. Also you have more control over your success in this game because it is 1v1 versus 5v5. League is getting worse as it becomes a more popular/casual game and they will ban you for showing emotion. Players like doublelift would not exist had league been running the game like this in years past because they woulda quit after being banned for 100 games for some random reason.

Dota seems really cool, I actually prefer playing this though atm just because it is easier to control games with this game being 1v1 and dota being 5v5 where you have far less influence on the outcomes. Also dota is more difficult to play than this game.

6. devilsrath

devilsrath I need me some PIE!

Do you run double General because his cost got reduced so much?
    2x general because he's awesome
    What purpose do double Warguard serve?
    He tanks for days, with clever positioning you can often get dodge/block to proc several times before he dies, often in and around an enemy font. Plus he's super cheap.
    What about adding a second Res Skeez? A Blackguard?
    For this slot either works, and i've tried both and prefered the res skeez because he's uber tanky, only 1x because because you only need 1/2 tanks on the board before you start sh*tting range on the field, and even then you'll prioritize warcry champs.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2015
  7. devilsrath

Actually I work full time, and don't have the time to play and be good at games like LoL. Whilst at University league was my game of choice because I had plenty of spare time. I still play pox because it's something I can play for several hours after work and doesn't need a lot of time investment to be fun/competitive.

8. Moles

Moles Administrator Octopi

I can confirm that Devils is indeed terrible at LoL these days. He was plat 1 a couple seasons ago, but now he plays more like Silver 1 :)

9. Morfeas

Are you in any way suggesting that we would be missing anything if doublelift didn't exist? You make it sound as if he has actually provided anything to the scene besides his shitty personality as a marketing goldmine. Thank god flamers and whiners are getting finally banned in this game.

10. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

Not just flamers and whiners. League will ban you for being competitive/showing emotion, even if you don't really do anything if people manage to get enough reports on you which often happens if you play a lot, you will be banned. League of legends tribunal system and solo que ranked system are terrible.

If you actually care about the game and the time you are putting into it, it is extremely frustrating to climb in league of legends ranked system. Afks, trolls, feeders, rage quiters, boosted players, smurfs, people placed in a league way above their skill level, people in gold who barely know how to play. It has a ton of problems and if you don't stay silent and ignore these issues you will be banned if you play often enough to get reports from these type of players.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2015
  11. Morfeas

Well, that happens for good reason, emotion is of no use when it comes to winning, unless it is positive (thus motivational). So showing negative emotion, in any way, is unwanted, as you negatively impact your team. As for the being competitive part, it's all good until you negatively affect someone; tryhard all you want, and feel free to ticket people who are not willing to do so. But flaming them because they don't wanna tryhard? No, that's not ok.

"If you get enough reports even if u dont do anything u get banned". Lies. Nothing more to say about this one, except that maybe what you think is nothing, is actually a very important something.

As for the climbing part, yes, it is extremely frustrating, but only if you are trying to improve while playing ranked at the same time. If you are stuck in gold and want to reach dia, then just stop playing ranked, go spam normals, improve, and then 6 months later come carry the living Bane Shift out of your gold teammates. Ranked only becomes frustrating AFTER you reach your deserved MMR.

And lastly, about the staying silent/ignore part, there are 2 simple rules to follow: 1) insta-ignore anybody on the first occasion they say something which negatively affects your psychology and 2) if it isn't gonna help you win, don't say it.

Sorry for derailing the thread.

12. devilsrath

Before the league system, in season 1 I was rank 350 on the NA server, probably more through lack of players than skill, but still.

13. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

did you even read my post? you say emotion is no use when it comes to winning when the real issue is the all the things I just mentioned in my previous post that causes players who care to respond negatively...

You don't understand what the real issues are, I am not even gonna respond to your entire post. I don't have time to explain to you why you are wrong.

14. Morfeas

PJSalt
    this isn't about me, this is about you not having any arguments, no wonder you're stuck in whatever gold or plat hole you're in
    use that time to go make another useless thread about a topic that has 10 other threads devoted to it

15. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

You would know, King of Silvers.

16. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I read that as King of Slivers.
    [​IMG]

17. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Ok, thanks for the reply bud.

18. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

My bgs suck so I am just going to use yours instead.

19. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

Something sucks, but im sure it's not the bg's.

20. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

tiny asks me for games now, that means a lot more to me than what you think. baddies don't know what good is anyway.

My UD bg does suck, I don't have runes to complete it and just lost 150 rating playing it.

Last edited: May 3, 2015