Shadestriker...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by HalfGodBro, Mar 13, 2014.

1. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

I forgot about this, but that would have been a good solution.

2. Prami

Prami I need me some PIE!

How about we put a limit on Surge abilities for starters? Infinitely increasing stats is just asking for trouble. 8? 10? 12? What should the limit on Surge be? Should illusions trigger it? Should summons?

Personally, i think the illusion + Surge interaction is fun (i have a whole deck based around it), but i also recognize that it's abusive & probably needs to go.

I would like to see the following changes for illusions:
    *Changed to only vanish after taking damage (not when an ability/spell is used on it), so that while they wouldn't have spell presence, one could still target them as the center of a spell (spell presence granted by something else).
    *Changed to have a "cannot gain additional effects/abilities" clause
    *Surge interaction removed
    *Transplant interaction removed
    *Special, Illusion compatible abilities introduced (Swap from any range, transform into real/Manifestation/Summon, Surge: Illusion, etc.)

*Abilities that should/already work with illusions made more widespread amongst illusion creating champions (Pawn, Flanking, etc.)
    *Would like to see an activated ability that force swaps location with nearest illusion (of the same champion) when a fatal attack has been struck, similar to Escape Magic. Illusion then takes that attack and dies.
    *A targeted Deception like ability. Targets illusion, target illusion vanishes & ability user re-enters play along with 3 copies of target illusion, ability user appears indistinguishable from the illusions (would work well with Illusion of Lies). Attacking the real ability user would cancel the deception.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2014
  3. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Another option would be to remove projection, giving him -3 to 6 effective dmg and loss of illusion utility.

4. TheNidhogg

TheNidhogg I need me some PIE!

There was a big hubbub about illusions - "everyone" (more or less) does know.

I understand what you're saying about a nerf making up for the buff, but it is not logically implied and I don't consider it a valid argument to say +3 nora = Surge.

Baskitkase likes this.
  5. TheNidhogg

Well, it's both isn't it? It's a tap on efficiency, AND 3 nora doesn't equal the value of surge.

6. TheNidhogg

Tru.

7. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Harsher treatment was recommended, iirc the response was "after I fix illusions it should be fine."

8. free20play

free20play I need me some PIE!

the rune itself is balanced
    its just stealth mechanics don't belong on ranged champs

9. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

Its a glass cannon, high damage with 0 defence. I really dont understand why people deem this rune worthy of yet another nerf.

10. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

Because everything in a lich deck hits above 20 because of it?

11. free20play

free20play I need me some PIE!

its ranged + stealth
    ranged + any good melee mechanic is usually op
    ranged + fury = op
    melee + fury = balanced

Last edited: Mar 14, 2014
  12. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Am I off base if I'm seeing the same arc Sandsnipe went through here?

13. Shimaru

Shimaru Devotee of the Blood Owl

[​IMG]
    Ranged + stealth:​
    Blood banshee
    Flame skitter
    Jakei icefisher
    Dwarven sharpshooter
    Sandhunter
    Deadly tracker
    Vashal quillquip

Ranged + fury:​
    Bloodbinder count.

Wow, the meta is overwhelmed with so much OPness.

14. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Not listed : ranged champs that used to have stealth and were op as balls.

I mean Icefisher really?

15. Shimaru

Yeah, according to f20p, icefisher is OP because ranged + stealth. LOL

Well, yeah, there were plenty of champions that used to have stealth and were OP (shadowstrike), but usually the problem was more complex than merely "range + stealth".

16. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

I think that free20play mention was directed to sandsnipe and darkmarsh fury, if we are going to take everything literally, well, everyone will look silly.

17. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

speaking of nerfs, when is that champ overhaul happening?

18. Shimaru

Over-generalizations are always silly, and making fun of them... well, is fun.

Baskitkase likes this.