Shoebox runes & Game design

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mw24, Nov 11, 2015.

1. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

The real problem is that like half or more of this games runes are shoebox.(too weak/poorly built for competitive) Too many poorly built runes ability and stat wise and too many overcosted/worthless abilities and range spreads.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2015
  2. Ultima

Ultima I need me some PIE!

Here we go. Bound to happen.

3. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

[​IMG]

Pattn199, Tweek516, Ultima and 3 others like this.
  4. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

i think game balance is only 1 of many different things that this game could improve to increase its player base and become more successful. I started playing league again for a bit and noticed how horrible that games solo que balance is and its doing very well. I think devs are generally pretty bad at balancing and playing their games.

5. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

It was a well known fact that Gary Gygax sucked at D&D.

6. Ultima

Implying mobas can be balanced. Dota makes everything op to fight op with which has worked out until the current meta. Anyone who can kill level 1 or burst at level one is a free pick. Undying, bristle, etc

7. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

mobas can be balanced to a certain extent, the same way this game can. There is way too much of a difference in strength and scaling of champions in league, also in the difficulty of playing them.(skillshots, non targeted abilities, etc)

8. Djangoguy

Djangoguy The King of Potatoes

Lol is not balanced for Silver players, the problem with poxnora balance is that there is less games to actually see what is problematic or not.

9. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

league isn't balanced at all in solo que.

10. Ultima

So is smite balanced since everything is skillshot or non-targeted?

11. Djangoguy

it's simply risk reward, if you can't masterize the hard champs and do everything, play Yi and do Bane Shift. league is not supposed to be balanced at solo Q, if you don't know there is a ///competitive league/// where everything works fine, and, if not, it got banned at the start of the match

12. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

its not risk reward because many of the higher skill cap and skill shot based champs suck in comparison to the ones with less or with no skillshots or lower skill cap.

anivia, singed, twisted fate, xerath, and viktor for example compared to champs like jax, riven, fizz, leblanc, dr mundo etc.

13. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

wtf is this guy talking about? lol.

14. Djangoguy

wtf you're talking about? most of the champs you imply that are bad are meta worthy

15. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

maybe i still need to learn league more but the first group of champs seem much weaker, harder to play, and harder to carry with compared to champs in the 2nd group in solo que.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2015
  16. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

17. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

18. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

For some reason a mod moved this from the thread about good sprites on aweful runes to this one? Odd. Anyway, they are shoeboxed.

19. Skybloom

Skybloom I need me some PIE!

Oh, it happened to you, too? I deleted my post because I thought I accidently posted on this thread, instead of the Good Sprites thread.

20. skarpox

skarpox The King of Potatoes

@BurnPyro @Pedeguerra Please come back for just a month and show this guy what #1 means.