Should some runes be removed?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mw24, Nov 2, 2015.

1. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

I think it'd be a good idea to remove certain runes from the game to make it easier to balance and create more space for new releases. What do you guys think? Alot of the older runes never see play and could be cycled out.( for example, boghopper tad, forglar jellyfish, deep elf temptress, scorpic, etc)

Last edited: Nov 2, 2015
    poinl likes this.
  2. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

I don't see how this would benefit anyone.

This would probably cause out rage.

"QQ my turtle rider is gone! I paid 2 cents for that."

3. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

this is probably one of worst ideas i've ever heard. regardless of how much value it actually holds you can't revoke something that people put time and money into acquiring and it's the quickest way to lose literally all of your players

Leadrz, Pattn199, IMAGIRL and 5 others like this.
  4. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

Yeah this is a terrible idea bud

Qucas, Ifem21 and Scrijordan like this.
  5. Skeezick

Skeezick Forum Royalty

how about we remove some players...

Lushiris, Queegon, Karmavore and 12 others like this.
  6. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

If i knew they planned on buffing the bad runes i would have a problem with it, but i remember reading a post that sok said they were gonna stop buffing old runes soon and only focus on future expansions, which led us to soe days where only new runes were useful. So i kind of have mixed feelings about this, if each player were given an amount of shards for all the runes they remove i would actually like this idea as a lot of runes are not used in a single bg.

However if they just removed them with no shard compensation it would be a dumb move. Honestly i think they could easily drop like 25 runes from each faction and have no problems as long as everyone got shards or was given warning months in advance.

7. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Remove all runes with either more than four odd numbers in their stats, exactly five abilities, flavor text that includes quotation marks, or have art that includes a race from a faction to which they do not belong. That should shake things up.

Lushiris and Elves Rule like this.
  8. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

Don't forget any rune that at least 4 people agree should be removed.

9. DrSteve

DrSteve I need me some PIE!

remove ut and utterdark spectre

10. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

you and kalasle seem to be missing the point completely.

@DrSteve UT sucks now and spirits were nerfed to the ground.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2015
  11. super71

How are you supposedly so good at this game yet don't know ut and spectre are both very good runes. Most of the time i actually prefer the current tomb as i can deploy it without thinking for a tempo hit, whereas when it was 50 i at least had to wonder if i would get rushed or not.

Pattn199 likes this.
  12. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

13. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

That's because you don't know how to play fw and don't play it in high skill level games.

14. Pattn199

Pattn199 I need me some PIE!

If you claim UT is bad then you should probably say this to your self.

Are you blind? Or just stupid?

15. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

well unlike yourself most commenting on the subject, I can actually obtain and maintain a decent ranking with fw. So maybe you should take your own advice.

16. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

But you run UT?

Pattn199 and Ballballer like this.
  17. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

only in bgs that use festering wounds for the sole purpose of casting the spell. If I don't run festering wounds I don't run tomb.

18. super71

Which shows even in high rank you don't know wtf is going on.

19. IronStylus

IronStylus I need me some PIE!

i don't think any runes should be removed just because of their artistic value of design, although it would be more healthy for the game. imo rebalancing the old runes is going in good direction.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2015
  20. poinl

poinl I need me some PIE!

super71 likes this.