Should some runes be removed?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mw24, Nov 2, 2015.

1. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!

I would like this.
    But it won't happen.
    And it shouldn't happen.

2. IronStylus

IronStylus I need me some PIE!

they could make something like shoebox, where you can collect old runes, but cant play them in ranked. they'd be excluded from boxes too. that way we would chase mtg where maintaining enormous pool or cards is solved by certain expansions only tournaments. they have over 10k runes. oh and implement draft mode

3. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

I wouldn't mind them doing a ranked rotation of runes, each dow cycle them taking a set of runes out of play to mix things up.

4. Destorum

Destorum I need me some PIE!

Really its just this. Why do people even bother to attempt to reason with it

5. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

I think pox needs to make the massive pool of runes work as a positive rather than a negative. To do this an unfamiliar rune shouldn't be a 'wtf does this do' to come across, but a 'cool, i haven't seen that one before, but hey it does that', so they don't have to spend most of their turn reading text.

And I think that Gedden and Sok have achieved this to an extent but more work could be done.

Part of it was making each one have 5-8 abilities rather than 5 million.

Part of it is making those abilities more intuitive - which has happened to a large degree with the consolidation and consistency changes. There is more that could be done, but this is ongoing I believe.

Part of it is making the descriptions better (kalsale had a good thread about this) which would help.

Part of it is fixing all the links in the combat log (which sok said he was working on) and generally making that clearer.

Part of it could be having a well functioning rune directory (poxbase) on the website rather than as a third party site that people won't know about if they don't forum.

mw24, Tweek516 and poinl like this.
  6. poinl

poinl I need me some PIE!

@badgerale I would also like to see more informational patch notes. I see a lot of the notes saying things along the lines of "Nora Cost decrease (-3)" when it would be helpful to see "Nora cost reduced from 77 to 74." And starting abilities changed from " " to " " etc.

7. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

most of the people talking about UT have a very low skill level with the fw faction and don't understand it very well. I can play and understand fw as well as almost anyone, id like to see the opinions of other players who can say the same, not people who hate the fw faction...

There is a reason that there are hardly ever any high ranked fw players even when the faction is one of the most popular in the game.

8. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

How high should a player be with FW to be a top player? Top 100? Top 50? Top 25? Put some numbers on it.

9. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

[​IMG]

10. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

krikkinwing currently serves no purpose atm, it is a poorly designed/costed rune.

11. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

oh blargag.png

12. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

That is Polymorph, not Krikkinwing. I used it as an example showing that the only rune to ever be removed from the game had quite an awesome art, and that didn't help it at all.

My point is that we should refrain from removing runes unless there's a really good reason to do so, and art certainly isn't one.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2015
  13. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

stuff like imp, boghopper tad, and jellyfish should probably be removed to make space for better designed and newer runes.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2015
  14. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Are u asking for legitimate reasoning/explanation? you've come to the wrong place my friend

15. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

read a book or something @themacca... it seems you need to exercise your brain a bit more...

16. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

That is not Krikkinwing.

17. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Well teeeechnically it is. Its just not the art from krikkenwing.

18. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

buff krikkinwing he is terrible. 2-4 range makes me want to break my computer.

19. Pattn199

Pattn199 I need me some PIE!

Please dont say that. Actually breaking it would do most of US a huge favor

20. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

2-4 is a pretty decent range on champs that attack as a secondary function (e.g. support champs).