Should some runes be removed?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mw24, Nov 2, 2015.

1. Ifem21

Ifem21 The King of Potatoes

But it cost them nora, that could have been spend better.

2. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I think it is unhealthy to have every rune streamlined to be as efficient as possible.

Lushiris and themacca like this.
  3. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

That's what makes powercreep a thing in the first place. When you set your balance boundary at the limit, you'll eventually have to break that limit to keep the flavor. That's why I'm so strictly against too much efficiency on anything.

4. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

its not if they were all maede this way. the problem is a ton of runes have random worthless sandbags and terrible stat or ability builds.

Also eliminating horrible ranges on non support champs just makes t hem suck less, that is not making them as streamlined as possible.

Krikkinwing would likely still suck or be mediocre at best even with a decent range.

@Lushiris you should focus more on pve balancing or lore...

5. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

give an example please, unless the champ has extremely low damage like fleshweaver, witch 2-4 range is generally horrible. Even on low damage champs, 2-4 range is overcosted so 5-6 or 4-5 would always be better regardless.

6. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Priest of Valdac

7. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

he doesn't do damage though. range doesn't matter as much on a 7 damage healer with no dot.

8. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Thus why I said that it isnt a bad range on champs that attack as a secondary function.

IMAGIRL likes this.
  9. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Except that, relatively speaking, such a unit is even MORE overpaying for that RNG (unless manually modified).

10. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Do ya think maybe the formula should make 2-4 range cheaper. since the general consensus is that it isn't a particularly great range. i know 1-3 range is 9 nora but how much is that in relation to 2-4. also on all the 2-4 range champs do you think people would generally prefer it to get changed 1-3 (not a suggestion just hypothetical)

11. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

the reason 2-4 range is bad in the first place is because it doesnt provide enough threat to opposing units, if the champ has no damage anyway its range doesnt matter as much.

2-4 range is probably costing priest of valdac alot but its pretty streamlined outside of that so its ok on that unit.

12. Sokolov

The entire RNG formula is a bit wonky and any range outside of 1-3 that is +2 or more is overcosted by a few nora. I have been giving most 2-4 champions a small discount (or moving away from the 2-4/3-5 standard) when I have come across them or designing new ones. I could change the formula, yet again, but it amounts to the same thing.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2015
  13. Sokolov

So, in general, you'd say that a 2-4 champion can be improved by reducing its DMG?

14. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

no, LOL.

2-4 range is terrible unless the champ is almost purely support like priest of valdac or glowing slider.

15. Sokolov

How much nora should Glowing Slider increase by if we gave it 2-4 RNG?

16. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

If im not mistaken. it would increase by 11? id say it should increase by 7

17. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

id have to see the cost of ranges, I think 2-4 range is probably overcosted though. and 2-4 range isn't much better than 1 range mainly because the cost of disengage.

18. Sokolov

I am asking what you think it SHOULD cost on a champion like that.

Personally, I think the standard cost is largely irrelevant in this situation. We should NOT charge the standard cost any amount of +RNG on Glowing Slider.

19. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

i don't know the answer to that, I'd have to look into it and compare it to other similar situations.

20. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Then do so, or make a hipshot guess.