Silverclan Tinkerer

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by Kraska, Sep 14, 2014.

1. Kraska

Kraska Member

How many of you use Silverclan Tinkerer outside of construct theme?

I've been running him in my Paladin BG lately and he is very useful:
    1. Invig is really nice especially to help Bastion get 2 hits off to trigger his combo or to get DK in for warcry.
    2. Shatter is something missing from Paladins in general, so very useful.
    3. Mason on the shrine has limited usefulness, but nice as a little added value.
    4. Grant: Fire trap, although I could live without, adds a little surprise factor with some added damage.

I think I run him at 60 or 63 so not too expensive either.

What do you guys think?

2. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

People swear that he is overpowered because he is "fills roles" for his cost. I only ever include 1 in any deck where I consider him useful.

He needs skirmish to be able to fully utilize his utility though. Otherwise he will get picked off extremely fast.

3. Kraska

Kraska Member

Skirmish to lower his cost?

4. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Doesn't have an attack. That'd be a sandbag ability.

But I use him. Cheap invig, equip and pers counter, sure thing.

5. Kraska

Kraska Member

What do you mean by this? I guess I'm a little confused.

6. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Yeah, I run him in my Paladin BG for shatter and aura mainly. It's always nice having him and Aria out just handing out auras.

7. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

I don't think he even understands himself. He just writes words with an ebonic tone and hits Post Reply.

Grand General Mosh likes this.
  8. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

I run mine with Grant: Evasive. Keeps him under 60 nora, and I don't find I need the Pers. counter these days. Plus, the more anti-range you have in your deck, the better. I look at it this way: you may not use Grant: Aura every turn; maybe you're turtling, maybe you don't particularly need the extra damage, etc. But Grant: Evasive CAN be used every single turn, because the odds are extremely good that the opponent will have at least one ranged unit in play at all stages of the game.

Sirius likes this.
  9. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

What I mean is, he shines in situations in battle where attention on him is low. Deploying him early, can be a burden at times because he can't attack and you get matched up against a KF elven Mage. Then you are stuck spending Righteous deflections on him or he will die in 2-3 hits.

Sometimes deploying that Utility early, and watching him get killed will open a gate way for some BS equipment combo.

I never deploy mine early, only just right when combat is about to start or has just started do I deploy him unless I got some seriously bad draws.

[​IMG]

Baskitkase likes this.
  10. putoconcarne

putoconcarne New Member

On a completely unrelated note, I've always thought that the Silverclan Tinkerer (because of the hair and the lack of the stereotypical full dwarven beard) was an old woman. Albeit one with unnaturally buff and hairy arms.

[​IMG]