So I bought a box, and it wasn't exactly satisfying

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Zenity, Mar 18, 2014.

1. Zenity

Zenity Devotee of the Blood Owl

That's not right, it's 10% chance to get an exotic per pack and 5% chance to get a Legendary per pack, so Legendaries are twice as rare (with the exception that a box guarantees you one Exotic in a box of ten packs).

2. Zenity

BTW that Exotic I pulled turned out to be a rather good one, so I was able to trade it for a Legendary and a Renovator. I'm quite happy with that, but it doesn't change how I feel about anything I wrote in this thread.

3. nitebane21

nitebane21 I need me some PIE!

Are you serious?! You traded an exotic for a limited and a legendary? That's insane! I was torn between an Extended and a Bonds box yesterday, bought the Bonds box and got 1 exotic. Talk about not being satisfying.

4. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

I exchanged gold for a pack and did not orgasm.

TheNidhogg likes this.
  5. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

The dude you traded with was an idiot. People selling renovators are idiots.

6. TheNidhogg

TheNidhogg I need me some PIE!

Try a vigorous motion when you purchase a pack next time.

7. Zenity

Why do you think that? I like to collect them because I like what they symbolise, but I have no illusions that they will be particularly valuable in the mid term. People made tons of alts to get those and are now basically getting stuff for free in return. Once the overhaul reduces the power of Renovate, it won't be a particularly strong champ either. PoxBox even trades them out for a pretty reasonable price already.

8. nitebane21

nitebane21 I need me some PIE!

Because LEG+LE > Exo

9. lungz421

lungz421 Member

maybe instead of legendary shard or whatever everyone was getting at, they could do something with the 'acheivement points' that we get for playing and doing things, they are on the profile page, but have never done ANYTHING, ever.... so maybe something with those would be cool

10. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Well, thats a possibility. Still, I believe their supply is limited enough to rise in price quite well.

11. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- OP missing the point. Nothing about the change over or price model has any bearing on your situation. There was never a time in any period of pox...when deep between expansions buying boxes was very exciting. That is static. You buy boxes at expansion time for excitement etc... you buy boxes between to fill gaps etc. Legendary packs were created to stimulate purchasing during the "doldrums" of post expansions, this is widely known (and largely criticized). People then had less down time to get "unsatisfied" and whiny.

12. Emries

Emries Devotee of the Blood Owl

Bought another box because why not - 3 exotics and a legendary in first 4 packs. Satisfying :p