So if Aria is going to be different fron Northern Cross Priestess...

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by Centuros, Aug 3, 2014.

1. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

I'd say just make it summoned, that way it cannot contest. Seems to solve the only reason that could have possibly led it to range 1. The interaction from the spear itself doesn't seem to be overpowered to me but if it is, the dmg it causes can be adjusted or the effect changed.

Dagda likes this.
  2. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

Can't remember the last time i saw it deal 4 damage from secondary effect. But yeah contesting from range is a factor

3. Tarth

Tarth Devotee of the Blood Owl

Im not saying shes a good champion, I tried running her and her counter part a few times and quickly dropped her in my testing. I just don't see how electricity was needed for paladins, or how paladin range was particularly needed when you have shaman and priests that should be filling your slots for this type of thing. Heck, you have priest units that have class paladin slapped on them for what I can only assume is " drr everything needs to be a paladin" thinking for some reason when we should be enhancing the synergy for these other classes to see more play here. She is a PRIEST after all, and only got paladin post revamp if I am remembering correctly.

Edit: The spear could be tweaked to work with shamans and priests as well or to grant effects that would make the range limit something more easily played around. Or simply returned to the range it was before.

since right now in the rune checklist Aria is sitting at 76 nora for heal mass 3, and MoA she doesn't seem that expensive to me. Change MoA for reclaim and shes 71, I mean how 'cheap" does she need to be?

If we only care about the NC Priestess then its as simple as finding out how she is sooo much more for the exact same champion ( with less stats). If its Hero, which should be a 0 nora ability not a -15, then its a general problem with pricing of abilities in the game.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2014
  4. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

She wasn't created differently from Pyro though. He used to be a Hero too.

Not saying I want him to be a hero. Mostly I'm just ticked the Enraged Sentry has Taunt: Pyro... but Pyro the Patient doesn't.

I know I know, vested interest.

5. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

So what NCP build do people see themselves running?
    Healer: Cleanse /HealMass3 - 75 Nora
    Hybrid: CleansingFlame / HealMass3 - 74
    Combat: CleansingFlame / GrantAura - 72

6. Thbigchief

- I love how instead of fixing this rune we just marginalized its "signature" ability. So now it cleanses and heals ... Profound next level support rune. Ill just use a barb shaman...

P.s. Fix celestial spear and call: c.s. It should be the core of the unit. This is the exact type of signature killing tweaks that people didnt like in the first revamp wave.

sassquatch likes this.
  7. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Lower your expectations, chief, to their lowest possible position. Then you'll see how wonderfully great DOGs ability to develop this game is.

8. Thbigchief

- I am realizing i am eating my own words. I cant find it but i believe i said something to the effect of " hey as long as things are changing it will keep the game feeling fresh" .

- Im still hopeful and doing dailies but find myself only playing ranked with wonky decks when I'm too drunk to cs in league of legends.

9. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

What if Call: Spear was reworked to something like: [AP:+1, CD: X] This champion attacks target enemy champion. If target is destroyed, no nora globe is summoned and a Celestial Spear is deployed under your control.

Legato likes this.
  10. sassquatch

sassquatch I need me some PIE!

I'm disgustedly disappointed that aria lost atk fire and that both champs have the exact same upgrade trees. And what happened to reclaim for a combat build. This game is getting vanilla boring by the minute. Who would run aria now when renovate exists?

11. Thbigchief

- Couple things I would consider:

1) Call: Celestial spear back to base.

2) Call: Celestial Spear now has the range of 1-3 spaces.

3) Celestial spear has 1 defense and electricity aura 2

4) Mark of Almara removed from base

4) Upgrade Path A - Mark of Almara, Cleansing flame, Reclaim
    Upgrade Path B - Grant: magical aura, Illuminate, Divert

- Upgrades can be juggled but the main point would be to have a nice aggressive, full support and hybrid options like stated above. I think its important to have the option to make a spear reclaimer as well, or a nice on hit build illum+ mark would be fun or full support with divert+cleansing flame etc.