So that super bowl

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Gaverion, Feb 6, 2017.

1. Gaverion

Gaverion I need me some PIE!

Greatest of all time or greatest of all time?

I had an interesting experience, I always watch the game with my father and his friend, I got added to a tradition older than myself. We go to turn on the tv and there is a single channel not working. The important one. So we got it up on the computer. Computer dies just after half time. The situation was so dire my father's friend decided to drive home ( Maine from Massachusetts) come 4th quarter we got the computer working again just in time for victory.

Who else watched?

2. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

I haven't seen a lead like that blown since the 2016 election.

Pixyrus, darklord48, jeeperz2 and 2 others like this.
  3. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I live in ATL. The city is so depressed today.

19madfox95 likes this.
  4. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

what was in the bowl and why was it super?

5. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I thought you were dutch? Dont you guys have super bowls?

19madfox95 likes this.
  6. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

Wtf are you guys talking about? I literally never watch competitive bowling........

darklord48, Etherielin, Qucas and 2 others like this.
  7. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

I am able to bowl consecutive strikes once I get into the groove but I never watch it or do it myself often either.

8. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Personally, I like my soup in a bowl, so having to choose between either getting soup or a bowl just puts me off the "Super bowl" specials.

Etherielin and Qucas like this.
  9. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

It was an awesome game come 4 quarter, pats op/ nerf.

10. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I like my television without more commercial than actual gametime.

11. Gaverion

Gaverion I need me some PIE!

Admittedly the commercials were not great this year but often people watch the super bowl specifically for the commercials and not the game.

12. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

It was the longest I've watched football. I didn't watch the whole game but it really was interesting. I come from a soccer loving family so my knowledge of it was acquired by osmosis, however I can't say I love the sport, the whole dishonesty thing(inside and ouside the field) is what disappoints me the most in the sport.

So, seeing a sport where a group earnestly tries to win without BS is really cool, despite the fact I'm not 100% aware of the rules yet(learned the ball dropping thing in this game lol).

Anyway, just wanted to share my experience with this game.

Really? I do like commercials a lot, didn't get to watch them yesterday though.

13. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

American Football is probably one of the worst sports for this, given it's basically played in spurts action. Same with Baseball, though to a generally lesser degree. Point is it makes it tempting/better to have a few "short" commercials between plays/side changes, or when there are time-outs, where Basketball, Soccer, Hockey, etc. tend to have much more continuous flow of play outside of fouls and such. Overall commercial count can sometimes be the same but the feel of how it's broken up makes it a different experience regardless.

14. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

clearly you didnt watch the warriors blow a 3-1 lead against the cavaliers in the NBA finals.

Also pretty sure Tom Brady as much as i hate the rat basturd just solidified himself as the greatest QB of all time.

jeeperz2, Etherielin and MaruXV like this.
  15. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Hahaha, yeah.
    However, the Falcons were giving signs throughout the game that the defense would get tired.
    I mean, despite the fact that they played perfect football on the first half, the Falcons defense is bad. Period. Just look at their numbers.
    So, I was 100% sure that the Pats would start scoring big on second half. What I didn't see coming, though, was Falcons taking the foot off the gas after they scored their 28th point.
    It was obvious from that point on that they would run the clock and try a FG - and that was their doom. Had they played to score another TD, they'd probably seal the victory. On that regard, I'm still trying to figure out why the heck the coach didnt take the winning FG, which would seal the game. How the guy managed to lose 20 yards on that play is beyond me.
    Either way, I was hoping Falcons would lose (since they eliminated my team, GB), so I'm happy with the result.
    P.S.: number wise, yes TB is the GOAT. However, it's pretty clear that the guy has some limitations. If any QB from now on gets close in numbers (which is pretty hard, I agree), and at least moves away from the pocket a bit, he will be the next goat.

16. jeeperz2

jeeperz2 I need me some PIE!

Was ashamed to see the Falcons lose because I honestly hate Tom Brady and the patriots.. Didn't help that the coach and Tom Brady both support Donald Trump it honestly did feel like the 2016 election.. However saying it wasn't a great or the greatest Superbowl of all time would probably be a lie.

Anyone see Malcom Butler get juked out of his jays though? Aw man..

17. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I would argue that the combination of Belichick and Brady is what makes them great. I believe that one without the other wouldn't perform nearly as well. I do believe that they are the greatest combination. I believe Aaron Rodgers is the best passer I've watched in thirty years.

18. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Agreed 100% with everything you said.
    Skill wise, no one beats Rodgers as QB. Problem is, McCarthy has his limitations and GB suffers with their defense since I can remember.
    But yeah, Belichick + Brady is the best combo in the history of NFL - probably.

19. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I feel Rodgers isn't as good of an overall QB as Favre, but is a better passer. Favre managed the game better. I also feel there are times that Rodgers holds on to the ball too long or doesn't run when he should, where Favre would get rid of it or try to run. Rodgers is definitely the better runner of the two, when he does it.

20. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

I fell in after eating my cocoa krispies, sorry guys.