So, that's it?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LoganMkv, Aug 20, 2015.

1. LoganMkv

LoganMkv I need me some PIE!

In one of countless whinning threads we were promised that everyone gonna love this exp, and it gonna change everything.

And we got, like, 1 free exo in 10 days with some effort?

I just want a clarification, is this supposed to change everything, or there 's going to be another update soon/soon™?

2. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

well....every rune in pox pretty much got changed in cost or design.

new lobby, removal of que dodging, new runes, etc.

it was indeed a pretty big change, I still have no idea though what you expected heh.

Ifem21, daeminicus, Goyo and 2 others like this.
  3. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Yeah, agreed with calisk, the question here is: what were you expecting Logan? I mean, we've been here before.
    The changes were good, give them time.
    Although, I feel this won't change the big issue around Pox: it has no means of attracting new players, and every new expansion released with new abilities is a chore for new players to be familiar with and whatnot.
    Without attracting new players the game is bound to die eventually.

super71 and Goyo like this.
  4. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

I feel this way about fw. Was shocked by the dusk creeper nerf, a couple good changes to the faction but the biggest change by far was the nerf to creeper. It seems like they just keep nerfing the heck outa fw in anticipation for the new faction bonus but it has yet to be implemented and fw has been pretty bad for a while now.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2015
  5. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I don't know who is saying "This is going to change everything!" but it's certainly not anything I've said.

6. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

i like the patch, fw needs more buffs tho :(.

7. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Merv, its starting to show its you.

Karmavore likes this.
  8. LoganMkv

We had 2 main problems:
    - pox won't ever get new players without business model change
    - old players don't have any motivation to play

This exp has absolutely nothing to do with any of those, and is essentially absolutely pointless.

9. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

new runes motivated me to log in.

10. Beefinator

Beefinator The King of Potatoes

I just came back last week and the last time I played was 2011, so it certainly brought me back and I have spent 70 bucks already.

Totally agree with this. That change didn't make any sense and FW still sucks pretty hard except for skeleton which is still marginal and easy to defeat with the right runes.

11. GlaurunGod

GlaurunGod Member

Ive always liked fw faction bonus.. I thought that was super unique to this game. The dead always come back. Are there really plans to change that?? I think small changes in other areas would keep the faction strong. One idea I had for tomb was small amounts of nora gen per opposing death. Things that encourage a snowball offense rather than a "I've got all these initiative champs and great nora gen, so i can sit back and win a camp off" attrition style from years past when the faction was strong.

12. LoganMkv

We all come back once in a while, check new stuff, and drop it in several weeks (and most of us don't even have to spend money, cause bigger collections are self-sustaining).
    Unfortunately that has nothing to do with "real" playerbase, cause at any given moment there would be very limited amount of such return-and-gone players active.

13. Moles

Moles Administrator Octopi

There were a few extra things we'd like to have fitted in, but didn't have the time, but what we did get out should be pretty good - I don't think one patch/expansion can ever solve all of Pox's problems, but I do feel this was a good step in the right direction.

daeminicus likes this.