So, the Steam Summer Sale is on...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Andralexis, Jun 20, 2014.

1. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

but I already played infinite + the dlc!

I like it too, it's pretty fun. try the workshop campaigns, you don't start those from the new game thingy but trough one of the other options wich is weird.

Lushiris likes this.
  2. elvenbl4de

elvenbl4de The King of Potatoes

FTL, CS:GO, civ 5. xcom. total war shogun 2

3. Andralexis

Andralexis I need me some PIE!

KoA:Reckoning is surprisingly good. It's like WoW and God of War had a baby, and TES took it away to mentor it in the true arts of RPG.

Lushiris likes this.
  4. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Skyrim is good so far. Played about an hour.

CS GO is my new love

5. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

In case anyone was wondering, Skyrim is still fun after 300 hours.

6. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Warning. Do NOT get bogged down with the sidequests. You'll never finish the game.

But yeah, it got bad press because of the 38 meltdown but remains a solid title.

7. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

Best combat hands down. But although I loved the game and did finish ALL quests(including DLC's), the story was a bit weak if you think well... I mean, I saved the world and it didn't look like a big deal, to anyone(maybe cause it was their fate lol). Still loved it though, especially the possibility of reseting skills anytime. Faeblades are the coolest.

8. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

How is the story line? I know it was written by RA Slavatore, and he wrote one of my favorite series when I was a teen. Most people think of Drizzt, but Cadderly was my favorite character.

9. Andralexis

I'm not sure about the quality of the actual game story (at times generic and at times surprising), but I cannot believe how rich in lore the world is. Apparently Salvatore wrote about 10,000 years of story for the Amalur IP.

- - - - -

Kingdom Rush, the BEST Tower Defense game, is on a Flash Sale right now. You should pick it up, it's a fantastic game and for its current pricetag (2.49) you'll be hard pressed to find a better way to entertain yourself. The Steam version has 6 (soon 8) new scenarios, more heroes, adjusted gameplay and a few new achievements.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2014
  10. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

yeah, kingdom rush is the best tower defense game, no doubts.

11. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Played through Brothers: A Tale of two Sons

Its a good game and a terrible game

I played it through in one sitting and hated it

Would have loved it if not for one fatal flaw.

12. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

13. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: $838.92
    • Games owned: 65
    • Games not played: 45 (69%)
    • Hours spent: 248.5h
    Anyone that wants to add me, go for it. My steam ID is networkguymn.

14. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

*No real spoilers here, you find this stuff out in any half-assed preview or after playing for 5 minutes, but don't read if you're an uptight noob*

KoA world is a realm where everyone has a predefined fate. Gifted people called fateweavers can actually tell how your life is going to be, and how you're gonna die.

The main character(AKA the fateless one) is someone who just returned from death somehow, and his/her fate is unknown, meaning you're a walking fate-changing mess. Everything you touch is bound to have their destiny rewritten.

This is the most basic of the story, there's a decent amount of ramifications from the main storyline.

What i said before was just an opinion though, and like I said doesn't reflect my thoughts on the game as a whole. Yours might just be different.

15. Emries

Emries Devotee of the Blood Owl

This is bad. I buy all the Steam games that's on sale usually, and now FF XIV: A Realm Reborn is on sale. bluuuh plsnomorevortex XD

16. Andralexis

And now they are going to put Substance in discount, and I'm already stretched here...

FML.

17. StupidJerk

StupidJerk I need me some PIE!

My favorite indie games are Waking Mars and Aquaria. If you're looking for something cheap and awesome, those are great choices. Fez and Reus are pretty sweet too.

If you're into weaboo games, Agarest: Generations of War and The Last Remnant are pretty good.

Freddi Fish and the Case of the Missing Kelp Seeds will help you brush up on your first grade math.

Towns and Gnomoria have a ton of replay value, if you like city-building.

18. rodar

rodar Well-Known Member

I voted for it. :rolleyes:

Just don't expect it to ever get out of early access. Or get any updates/bugfixes really. Game is abandoned.

19. StupidJerk

StupidJerk I need me some PIE!

Didn't know that, that's kind of a bummer.
    Still, for less than 5 bucks, I got more than my money's worth for it.

20. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I think that while Kingdom Rush has more replayability and better design, it still doesn't beat Defense Grid for the overall experience. But yes, Kingdom Rush is a must buy for anyone with an interest in tower defense, and may even draw those who haven't gotten into others.