So this seven muslim countries travel ban

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by BurnPyro, Feb 1, 2017.

1. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

@Astamir
    :) yeah :)

while many middle eastern countries are backwards as all Firk the majority of muslims who live and work in western countries are not extremists, the people here who keep posting "Muslims want us all dead and destroyed" are mirroring the tactics of terrorist recruiters. Just a thing I noticed.

BurnPyro and Ohmin like this.
  2. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Theyre on the same level of idiocy, just the other side of the socio-econ spectrum

3. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Civil war in the United States is already on its way, Europe is already lost and you guys haven't figured it out yet.

I told you all months ago what was going on, and everybody bashed me. The aim is for civil war in the United States, thanks to the media we're pretty close. The next task is dividing Europe and then the take over which is nearly there.

United States and allies divided what do you have left after that, really look hard into that question.

You believe what you want but the news alone constantly attacking trump should show you what's going on.

4. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

This is an echo chamber and a waste of your words. Most of these people parrot talking points of media or the click bait titles on you tube and use it as their proof. No one in here cares about the actual wording of the executive order that Trump passed only to push what they assume to be true as proven by the media and youtube. It was a "REFUGEE TRAVEL BAN" and the 7 countries that were picked are ones that we have had military activity in (except Iran) not sure why Iran is on the list. If you say anything that conflicts with the title of this thread you are "right wing" or a nutter :D.

Here is the executive order if you want to read it.
    https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-pres...-nation-foreign-terrorist-entry-united-states

5. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

That's either been taken down or is a bad link.
    upload_2017-2-4_21-24-44.png

6. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

7. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I don't know, it sounds like we've had various people present different and varying opinions on the subject. For example, I have presented a hypothesis for why each side feels they are right in their determination of whether it's a "Muslim ban." Some agree with me that it is a Muslim ban, while others agree with you that it's not.

Some, like you, however, just mostly repeat (echo?) yourself, condemning people for being an "echo chamber" while barely actually contributing to the discussion.

For example, if you want to participate in this discussion and pierce the "echo chamber," by all means. I invite you to respond to my suggestion that you are focusing solely on the how of the EO which does not specify Muslims - while those of us who feel justified in calling it a Muslim ban do so not because of "echo chamber" or "media" but because we are considering the why and the context in which the EO was drafted. I'd also welcome any thoughts you might have on my Pox analogy of that idea.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2017
    NevrGonaGivUup and Tweek516 like this.
  8. super71

Facts don't matter, the side your on is the side your on, very few people change their minds to the other side. This is why it's pointless to argue about politics and stuff like this.

9. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

to whom? to you as a potential ally? be clear about your meaning or is this another "muslims are overrunning europe" thing? ( AKA a lie)

Oh I agree.
    *cough* that is worse you heinous deplorable piece of Bane Shift *cough*

10. super71

Bit of both to be honest man, you do realize terrible stuff is happening daily and the majority is covered up so that the "refugees" don't get sent back and so your governments don't get blamed for Firking over all its citizens.

Numerous statistics have shown, European economy is worse off, **** rates have increased, crime has increased, if you can't see how this was a Bane Shift idea yet I don't know what to say. For every 10 good "refugees" your gonna get a couple bad apples, it's only a matter of time before they do something big. You also ever notice how peaceful muslims never speak out about all these terror attacks ?

I'm sorry America doesn't bend over to whatever every other country wants anymore. Not really sure why everyone is hating on America enforcing the laws we have in place now, I know it's a shock.

11. NevrGonaGivUup

NevrGonaGivUup I need me some PIE!

Do you have any proof to back up your claims on these points?

1. There being terrible stuff that's being covered up.

2. There being no peaceful Muslims speaking out about terrorist attacks.

If you're going to demonize an entire religion, you need credible evidence to back it up. Otherwise you're just being xenophobic.

BurnPyro and Geressen like this.
  12. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

4. the economy ( which has just gotten back to pre-crisis levels in my country, thanks) being bad
    5. crime rates being up ( despite being on a downward trend with an increase in online crimes in my country)
    6. immigrants being responsible for 4 and 5

13. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

I have already presented reasons why it is not a muslim ban.

1. Muslims are allowed to enter and leave the US presently as long as they are not from the 7 countries on the refugee travel ban list.
    2. None of the most populous muslim majority countries are on the travel ban list.
    3. The executive order on refugee travel contains absolutely nothing having to do with banning an entire religion.
    4. The seven countries banned on the list are now at war or have been and are hot spots for terrorists who plan to come to other countries to commit acts of terrorism as an act of revenge.(except Iran not sure why Iran is on the list silicon valley exploits alot of tech interns from Iran cuz they are jerks.)

I think it is dishonest to post a thread title that immediately assumes the travel ban is restricting muslims from entering the US. You promote a false narrative and people that don't know anything about this political issue are being misled by you, the media, and youtube.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
    super71 likes this.
  14. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

I know everyone here is trying to be serious, yet I can't help but feel such an uncanny similarity to this picture in discussions like this one.
    [​IMG]

15. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

then it is a refugee ban. which is infinetly more scummy.

it does nothing but condemn victims to provide you with a fake feeling of security.

16. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

On the other hand wasn't the travel ban's implementation suspended by Dept of Homeland Security yesterday?

17. StormChasee

StormChasee The King of Potatoes

Can everybody agree on this; it's a PARTIAL Muslim ban?
    Improper example. A ban either exists or it does not. At most what we have is a partial ban.

In your example you're weakening a theme by nerfing a rune.

Strength is continuous while bans are bimodal.

18. StormChasee

StormChasee The King of Potatoes

It was a judge's decision. An appeals court didn't reinstate it and now there's a legal battle over it.

Edit; I don't know why what I'm replying to didn't show in the post.

19. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Gee why would it be bad to allow refugees into your country when they hold your government responsible for messing up their countries? Many of the refugees want to take revenge on innocent people who had nothing to do with their stupid government's decisions on foreign policy. What could go wrong man?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_terrorist_incidents_in_France
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_terrorist_incidents_in_Denmark
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_Würzburg_train_attack
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_Ansbach_bombing

super71 likes this.
  20. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

Contradicting yourself in the very next sentence. You've been taking tips from the Donald.

Etherielin, BurnPyro and Geressen like this.