So this seven muslim countries travel ban

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by BurnPyro, Feb 1, 2017.

1. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Couldn't agree more with that last paragraph. It's sad people are being lead around by the nose and it will be too late by the time people figure out mainstream medias agenda.

We bicker amongst one another while our corrupt governments and people pulling the strings laugh at us.

2. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

to prove what?

BurnPyro likes this.
  3. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Trump disapproves of Obama's Iran Deal. Also missile testing (though I forget which came first on this, I think it was the ban but I'm not sure). He doesn't like their face either.

Besides, we've had military activity in that nation(s waters) at the very least the Navy guys that got captured (and ostensibly ransomed) as an example. Plus, sanctions and stuff, for what that's worth.

Rather wish he'd take the view on Iran he seems to have with Russia though. Neither have "nice" governments to say the least but they are both potential allies against ISIS and similar groups in the region, and could potentially work together on at least that one issue.

I'm guessing part of it is a sign to Israel that they won't be left behind in spite of the recent UN resolution that didn't get vetoed under Obama.

Geressen likes this.
  4. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Specifically a Federal Judge suspended it in light of a lawsuit from two states. DHS is observing that as the Justice Department has decided to not ask the Supreme Court for an immediate Stay pending the appeal process, which will have responses and statements issued by Monday (3 AM and 6PM specifically); allegedly the speedy nature of the appeal process in this case is part of why they aren't going to the Supreme Court for that Stay.

At least that's what I've gathered, I haven't been keeping on top of it too much. If there's more to it, do share.

5. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Fine, let's call the ban what it is.

PARTIAL REFUGEE TRAVEL BAN SPECIFICALLY TARGETING UNSTABLE COUNTRIES WITH TERRORIST ACTIVITY BUT ONLY THE MUSLIM ONES HOWEVER NOT ALL MUSLIM COUNTRIES BECAUSE SOME OF THOSE ARE NOT BELIEVED TO BE BREEDING TERRORISTS AND THIS BAN IS CONSIDERED BY MANY TO BE A FULFILLMENT OF A CAMPAIGN PROMISE TO BAN MUSLIM IMMIGRATION BUT ISN'T SPECIFICALLY TARGETING MUSLIMS IN PARTICULAR AND SO JUST HAPPENS TO AFFECT MUSLIMS MORE THAN ANYONE ELSE AND IS BASED ON A CONCERN ABOUT MUSLIM TERRORISTS ENTERING THE UNITED STATES BUT IS TOTALLY NOT A BAN ON MUSLIMS

There. I solved our problem.

6. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

This is the part that's weird to me. Why is Russia suddenly this important ally we have to cultivate, but other countries aren't? What is Trump's criteria on which countries to antagonize and which countries to befriend? Why is Trump now defending Putin's human rights violations by saying "We kill people too?" It just doesn't add up as a consistent principle he's following, which is what is leading many to have conspiracy theories about his ties to Russia.

BurnPyro likes this.
  7. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

Out of curiosity, what other countries apart from the 7 banned are currently causing large scale terrorist attacks frequently? This isn't me trying to defend the ban or anything, I'm just curious because off the top of my head I can't think of any.

8. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

You did it! You save christmas!

9. ssez

ssez I need me some PIE!

90 day temporary travel suspension of 7 nations.

Thats actually what it is, we can get into speculation as to why but thats not "what it is".

Part of the reason they wrote is to review procedures etc.

10. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

Belgium
    #comedy burn @BurnPyro

( usually radicalized Morrocan and Algerian dual passports or children of immigrants)

Vote Kanye 2020 likes this.
  11. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

you don't hit the brakes in the middle of a highway to check if your rear wiper works.

it's fine to check if your rear wiper works, but for that you go to the slow lane or even go into a parking spot somewhere after making your way to it clearly indicating direction.

12. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

I've yet to see you post anything worthwhile through any of these topics, it's usually a snarky comment and a punch line that falls flat.

13. ssez

ssez I need me some PIE!

if i was to sum up how the left views it.

america is full of racists who dont like brown people and muslims and this 90 day temporary travel suspension is a move by a tyrant to start banning all muslims and brown people forever!

summary of people on the right.

holy Bane Shift there are some crazy radicals murdering thousands and filling mass graves,beheading, torturing, throwing gays off roofs and acid in womens faces causing multiple nations to collapse, attacking others and swearing they will attack the US by sneaking people in any way they can....yea we should really make sure we have a handle on that situation and it makes sense to look at the nations that are a hotbed of this group. 90 day travel suspension isnt that big of a deal,unfortunate that some people will be delayed but hey we gotta do what makes sense for our country.

14. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

If that is how you read my posts that is your choice and I cannot help you.
    by all means pretend your posts are more worthwhile than mine.

I am trying to make you understand, all you do is tell people they do not understand.

BurnPyro likes this.
  15. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2017/01/trump-immigration-ban-terrorism/514361/

those 7 countries are nearly irrelevant to us in terms of past terror acts, assuming that they haven't tried a lot and been secretly foiled in most/all of their attempts

another way of looking at it could potentially be a move to ramp up operations in or around those countries, removing travelers pre-emptively to reduce risk in the coming years. i doubt that's the play, but hey

Vote Kanye 2020 likes this.
  16. ssez

ssez I need me some PIE!

why wasnt suadi banned? we have more formal ties with them even though we know they harbor terrorists. we used leverage on them to get them to agree to "safe zones" also they are in conflict with iran proxies...like their ship being hit recently.

trump is willing to team up with russia (for now) because with them we can quickly kill sisi because russians dont play PC games and will butcher them with a fury.

17. ssez

ssez I need me some PIE!

past does not predict the future...by that logic no one should ever worry about nukes because not one has ever been used so let everyone have them!

and yes there is lots of proof of people from those countries commiting terrorist acts etc and also having been stopped beforehand.

18. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

alternative fact?

19. ssez

ssez I need me some PIE!

one thing, notice how little news you hear coming out of iraq/syria etc ? thats for a very obvious reason.

20. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

you're kidding right

unless you're classifying the bombs we hit japan with as a different (and almost assuredly less powerful) species of bomb than what we have now?

sure, the past doesn't predict the future. it does, however, have a great number of trends that you can use to estimate what various facets of the future will look like. so we, for instance, don't know for a complete certainty that there won't be a military coup in every major western country tomorrow. but i don't think anyone is particularly worried about that happening, because in part of recent trends.

i'm willing to accept that it's possible that there are a great number of classified details that went into this decision, and that the main attackers of the ban are aware of this and are exploiting it.

i'm also willing to accept that trump is shamelessly playing a base that seems to be viewing him as the most recent prophet