So what's the story behind Bastion the avenger?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by free20play, Apr 30, 2014.

1. free20play

free20play I need me some PIE!

since we lost the old website and since i myself have never bothered to read the lore back then,
    i'd like to know.

2. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

He's the ******* cousin of Snogvie the Antbear.

3. Apostate

Apostate I need me some PIE!

I'm not supposed to tell you this, but I'll let you in on the secret the Owls don't want you to know:

Bastion was actually created through Ironfist and Draksar scientific research. This procedure, codenamed the Icarus Project, was supposed to infuse the berserk might and resilience of the Draksar and the immutability of the Northern Cross paladins. The greatest minds in Poxanthruru collaborated on this abomination of science and alchemy. They used Elsarin rituals to splice angelic DNA with dragon DNA. They took in one of the nomadic tribesman in the outlands with promises of food and warmth, however they subjected the unwitting Basilius (A Northern Cross saint, they could barely understand him with they brought him to the lab) to the most horrific and unspeakable experiments ever seen.

Days and nights were spent tinkering with the lifeblood of this human, trying to achieve a sort of angelic hybrid with the ferocity of dragons of Draksar heritage. Basilius' body was ruined from the endless experiments and was in the throes of death when they finally made a breakthrough. There was a blinding flash, and a horrific scream as it seemed that reality itself protested to the atrocities taking place. The Elsarin ritual mistakenly drew off latent souls in the monastery as a catalyst for it's reaction.

The sky turned black, the screams of forgotten meek souls and those who died without justice ravaged the monastery for three days and three nights. Nobody dared check on the laboratory, which seemed to be the nexus of the roiling souls. One more day passed, and the cries grew still. Cautiously, a priestess peeked into the lab, wondering what had been made of those who would tamper with the building blocks of life. She witnessed a figure kneeling in what seemed to be prayer, his majestic wings furled around him. As if sensing her presence he crossed the distance between them in the blink of an eye, grabbing her by the neck. The moment lingered, she didn't say a word. What was Basilius tilted his head slightly in what appeared to be acknowledgement to an unknown power right before letting the priestess go. She caught her breath for a moment before uttering a simple phrase.

"Who are you?" she meekly asked.
    "You may call me Bastion." he thundered "Take me to our enemies, that I may cast my judgement."

So there you have it. An unbelievable story but it really helps tie the Elsarin, Draksar, and Ironfist denizens a bit more closely. All factions involved refuse to acknowledge how Bastion came to be, and the secrets of his creation were lost with those who died with his rebirth.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2014
    Dantezz, JazzMan1221 and profhulk like this.
  4. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- He is so wonky and goofy... he should be a IS/KF split hero since he's a damn barbarian/angel/paladin and both factions share those. Otherwise he just seems dumb as a full faction hero, does anyone even use him in barbarian decks? He was/is a one trick pony to try and 2 shot crap, kill him and remake him into split hero in the revamp.

5. IceHippo

IceHippo Active Member

I faced him once... then my boosted and driven KF renovator did something like 40 dmg in a hit to him. He is in my opinion, an awfully designed rune that is one of many indicative of the unfortunate course rune design in this game took in recent years. As for his backstory... no idea, but Apostate's is probably better than the lore.

6. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

The story of Bastion The Avenger

YOu ain't my real father anyways!
    YOu ain't never gonna be SH!T BOI! now go outside and pick that nora, The land lord is coming through and you know how short tempered and short that Lil bugger is!

Sebastion, took his sac and ran out the door, tears in his eyes. He longed for a chance where the inquisition would come through his village looking for recruits, but sadly his father and mother needed him on their nora fields. He longed for the days of his youth, where his mother raised him through her kind heart and his father fought on the fields of Poxanthuru for the inquisition only to return home with stories of champions and glories untold. One battle, the Centaur pleaded for his name to join their ranks ,his father was critically wounded by a shot of a skeezick sniper , the family knew his death would mean a unfillable void. His mother, an ex-veil walker took to re-marry a Nora Farmer to make use of the land that their fallen figure purchased to set their families for generations.

One day Bastion received a visitor to his farm. She was a favored Nomad, but perhaps the most beautiful he had ever seen. She asked to speak with his mother.

"Hello my daughter, how has it been for you all these years?"- the visitor said to his mother
    "Its been a struggle, but nothing I haven't seen already. Nat'lin seems to be more harsh on the boy every day. Im thinking about removing him from the household"- Yatiara, Sebastions Mother
    "Its nothing compared to what he will be exposed to now, the time has finally come for his ascension"
    tears ran down his mothers eyes
    What is she talking about mother?- Sebastion questioned
    "Am I to be joining the Inquisition at last!?"
    "No my beloved Son, you are to become the very thing the inquisition Has longed for since the separation.
    You will become something to reunite the tribes men to a common cause against those who trespass against the Words of Al'mara"-Visitor

"Son? Yatiara is my mother and has raised me since birth!"
    I am Al'mara and your father has already made a pact with me about your life. A long time ago during his campaigns in the forests of K'thir, I was meeting with some fae spirits about forcing themselves on humans, When Old Elsarian Soul Harvesters ambushed me in "this form."
    They Sucked nearly all the life essense from me and would have killed Al'mara herself, if it were not for your father. He was an amazing warrior for the weak and defenseless as he wielded the 9 Holy Blades of Valdac and commenced to slaying the soul reapers, and his touch to nurse me spirit was unrivaled.When I was well enough to Ascend back, I repayed my respects for my life from your father, by giving him his own life to take raise. I had a plan with you from the Start Bastion.

"Sebastion Do not fear the path that lies before you. I have seen your glories in my dreams. You are an amazing young man that will bring pride to the hearts of the Ironfist Strongholds." She darkened the floor with intent to show Bastion His future self. His step father entered the room he was engulfed in the darkness upon entry, he witnessed the visions of the darkness clear as daylight.

Bastion slashed down the skeezick general who rose through the ranks on the glory of killing his father, from two blows with Judgement, a Weapon of divine reckoning. He saw the Skeezick Ranks devastated by Barbarians forged through battle, riding horses. He saw himself, possessing the touch of Al'mara while holding the rampage of his father in his hands. His wings shimmering with divinity allowed him to control the battles flow to allow him to take the heads of the most rutheless foes.

the floor returned to normal, Sebastion had two things to say to the family that stood before him.

"From now on my Name is Bastion, and I am a complete "F%*#IN BADASS!"

7. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

He's the signature and Bannerman of the Corpse erra.