SP/FW Instagib

Discussion in 'Split Faction' started by bioalchemy, Aug 7, 2014.

1. bioalchemy

bioalchemy Member

2. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

Ah, this old deck. Always loved playing this one. :)

I personally think that the FW side should be reserved strictly for Shanks and support, since it doesn't offer much in terms of actual insta-gibbing. First of all, drop that Gravewatcher like hot water; I know what you're thinking, and I can already tell you from experience that it pairs horribly with the Shank. Sure, you get a revive, but the second portion of Gravetend will almost always bring the champ you just killed off CD immediately. Not worth it at all. Similarly, drop both Reanimates. Again, while Shank revives are nice, you simply won't be able to afford their price. This deck is meant to be played hard and fast, and tempo hits like Reanimate will only slow you down. Speaking of tempo hits, I'm not sure why Lich Kings are in there; for range? Speed? Either way, they're far too expensive. Seamstress is decent support, but there are better options IMO, and they take a while to get charges going even in this deck. Execution Order is interesting, but not efficient enough to run 2 of. I'd cut them down to 1.

Now that that's done, your FW side needs to focus more on supporting the main playstyle. A couple Deathcasters would suit very nicely, and be sure to run them with Short-Lived 2 and Iron Will. Making them as cheap as possible will facilitate the effective use of Death Pact, which will help in cases where you need to kill things normally (happens often, no matter how many insta-gibs you have). It's also definitely worth including a few Soul Collection units; either the Creeper or Ghost Stalker would be my choices. Ghost Stalker has the added benefit of Swap 3, making positioning a breeze, while the Creeper is much cheaper, meaning you don't have to wait as long for him to pay for himself. Soul Collection is a necessary portion of this deck. It makes the kills flow so much easier, keeping your nora count up, and constantly snowballing the advantage in your favor.

Cleric of Unrest is also a solid choice, as he boasts the ever-useful Invigorate 2. Lost Queen is a possibility, as is Polluted Martyr for more efficiency. If it's range you're after, Fadewisp, Rip Witch, Shadestriker, and Stitched Magician all have their little perks. Chuck in a couple of Elsari Bazaars too for spot AP gen and you've got yourself a deck!

st3ck likes this.
  3. st3ck

st3ck I need me some PIE!

I'll be honest, I haven't even attempted the sp/fw insta death bg since revamp. I used to play an old 90% similar version to jazz's, which was just absolute oodles of fun. But it was the first BG I played post-vamp before reading any changes, and well. . . . It didn't work at all. So I was sour (still am) and have not revisited this particular archetype.

But, if you want to streamline this BG and maximize it, Jazzman had the single most effective split of this "theme" of anyone, and he played it damn well, so I would listen to him. I will also pipe in if I can add anything to specific design elements to help with it, but I personally defer to jazz on this bg type, he has an incredible grasp of it, and great handling. So I would suggest utilizing his input, strongly.