Sp is out of control

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Thailady, Sep 6, 2016.

1. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

budapupabudapupabudapupabudapupa

JellyBerry and Etherielin like this.
  2. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

nora storm is really strong, if target champ is by 2 nora globes the spell will usually do around 30-36 damage.

super71 and SireofSuns like this.
  3. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Uhhh... Drown and Hippo Stampede?

4. Braxzee

Braxzee I need me some PIE!

I find SP and the voils pretty manageable ATM, (Minus the Voil with 7 -9 range)
    You need to use dis spell, and grounding tactics, mirror, unstopable and AOEs really mess them up fast. I do see where there should be more options to counter flyers and destroying clones or beef the counters up to it. This will balance clones and make it easier for the Devs to implement. Clones were not a problem before until anti clone measures were nerfed. Anti clone measures just need a little bit more of a bite to them. Like the CD should be lowered at least to 3 with an ap cost of 2. I always wondered why can you do X AOE for 12 - 18 dmg every three turns against all champs, but Shattered Summon is only against clones at CD 4.

I am on the side of buff some counters verse nerf SP abilities. It will just cause another imbalance some where else. It is why we have this problem now:rolleyes:

5. bagoftrick

bagoftrick I need me some PIE!

the setup for drown is expensive. i dont see many people run drown nowadays anyway, probably because efficent ways of generating water are far fewer outside of semi aquatic bgs.

Pygmy hippo stampede is again expensive. its far better early than late due to the fact its easier to position to target 1 champ rather than get all your pygmys stuck to other champs limiting its capabilites, also maps can be problematic with certain structures getting in the way of the pygmys so you can't use em.

As far as these spells go compared to others like gale force, i'd take gale force all day long. it has far more utility, costs less, no requirements to be met. its simply better.

jeeperz2 and Anima26 like this.
  6. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Well, yeah, but the options exist, is what I'm getting at. Plus, they're really not that horrible compared to other factions' spells options.

Anima26 likes this.
  7. bagoftrick

o absolutlely, don't get me wrong i wouldn't suggest that these spells were awful but i'd certainly question the pricing of some spells when weighed against some of FS. i agree with compost that they don't have the best spell selection in raw power however i don't actually think thats an issue. i think that other spells need to be addressed in other factions as opposed to changing FS spells.

Anima26 and SPiEkY like this.
  8. davre

PHS is basically a slightly situational Essence Drain.
    Reverberating Blast is basically a regular Hammerstrike + 10 extra nora for 75% of a 2nd Hammerstrike.

Anima26 and JellyBerry like this.
  9. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

I would definitely like to see some of FS's offensive spells have a cost decrease (I think that'd be easier than a power buff).

Though I would really like to see Poisonous Fumes get a buff. It's sad that FS has a spell for 35 Nora that a truck-load of champs in AND OUT of FS can cast willy nilly. Why take Poisonous Fumes when you can have a Poison Elemental? Seriously, why?

bambino likes this.
  10. SireofSuns

Um. Sure...

badgerale likes this.
  11. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Id argue the stun on hammersteike is far more important than the damage, making it more that 75% of a 2nd one. More like 80/85

12. bagoftrick

Essence drain is signifcantly better for single target damage. since defense and tough etc... dont effect it, also the greater the total hp on target champ the more damage recieved from this spell.

13. davre

Thank you for clarifying that because I had no idea what ED did when I wrote that post.

In >80% of cases its the same outcome: if you can make 2 hits you can kill a champ with both.

JellyBerry and Ballballer like this.
  14. Compost

Compost I need me some PIE!

I mean, I'm not saying they're horrible. Do people even use drown anymore? so expensive and it's a lot harder to generate water now. If you use spot water gen then great, now it costs you even more to use drown. Pygmy hippos are solid but it's a 60 nora spell to hopefully deal 25-30 damage to one dude. Or it's a 60 nora spell to do 10 damage to 3 dudes, in which case it's pretty awful as there are a lot of aoe spells that do more damage to more than 3 champs with a lot lower cost. It doesn't even work on tanky champs, if the hippos have much of their damage blocked than it's useless.

15. NevrGonaGivUup

NevrGonaGivUup I need me some PIE!

30 spot single target damage is pretty amazing. Even gale force does a maximum of 36 damage, and that's with really strict positioning requirements.

JellyBerry and SPiEkY like this.
  16. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

PHS is massive against me, to do that amount of spot damage is incredibly valuable in a rushy Nora rich faction.

Granted, high def BGs and SL will be less effected by it, but calling it anything other than auto seems silly.

17. bambino

bambino I need me some PIE!

the main difference I see with drown and phs is they are quite situational, ,drown more so,, but even phs can be problematic as pointed out.
    while the others can be cast unfettered.

4me drown in no where near an auto these days..phs is ok...

18. SireofSuns

Of course, while it would be nice to see some of the FS offensive spells have some small price decreases (-5 each?), we need to remember that each faction is meant to function differently in the meta. If every faction had the same stuff with different names so it was "balanced", the game would be a lot less fun.

FS isn't meant to be in your face with its spells, its spells are meant to support its champions, giving them better staying power and allowing you to get more out of your champions then the opponent can with theirs.
    FS champs may not be efficient on their own, but with the amazing support spells FS has, they become some of the most efficient imo. (The relics and equips are similar, although I feel that FS's equips are where most of their non-champ offense comes into play).

19. davre

I love how this thread has morphed from "SP 2 gud nerf plz" to "drown is too expensive won't somebody please think about FS".

20. SireofSuns

It's what we do. We hijack things to make them more fun or to try and have a more sensible discussion. (Nerf threads haven't done much to help the game, I try to avoid making any if I can help it now).