SP Meta

Discussion in 'Shattered Peaks' started by Grandpa69, Aug 14, 2014.

1. MadLotar

MadLotar The King of Potatoes

Distract is definitely useful, given how Nohkan Do now works.

Also, has anyone tried out Stonecaller to see if it is meta viable? It seems like it would work in this type of bg as the new chasm/whip or chasm/knockback.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2014
  2. allyorbase

allyorbase I need me some PIE!

Just a note: Ancient Slag costs 77 nora up from 74 for the typical build. Ninja nerf in today's patch.

Oh, and Shallaxy is still dumb. She needs range, more than she needs 52 base HP or 2 base DEF. 1-3. Give it to her, please, DOG.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2014
  3. Raikan

Raikan I need me some PIE!

4. Xuvali

Xuvali Devotee of the Blood Owl

Been trying grant sonic aura at the moment

5. Xuvali

Not a Ninja Nerf, the Patch notes stated many 2x2 champs nora reduction for being 2x2 had Changed

6. RedScarlet

RedScarlet I need me some PIE!

Even Klub (everybody saying +2 HP, good job hehe eheeh sarcasm intended), is costed more now.

Hurl Boulder + Pummel 1 build was 69 nora pre-this patch
    Hurl Boulder + Pummel 1 build is 73 nora post-this patch

Pretty sure its already tolerable now, unless ofc he had to be 80 nora again. 74-76 nora is already sufficient for a large Physical grunt.

And why is everybody shouting Crowned Sauropod got buffed? I dont get it. He's >70nora

7. Xuvali

Try him.

Thrash on him is awesome.

8. Aghatoor

Aghatoor I need me some PIE!

Which upgrades are u using on moga cannons? And on klub?

9. Xuvali

Leap 3 & explosive Attack 2 and Charge 3 & Pummel 1

10. Raikan

I like Kanen Cultist a lot--heal 3, paralytic feedback + range 4-5 make her a good target for designate flagbearer, magic damage (which is kind of lacking otherwise) and 3 useful upgrades in the other tree. However, I feel like rite of creation is kind of a sandbag ability now. Swarms used to be "real" champions, and so we could use it on them--particularly in Kanen where a global heal like that was very useful. But w/ swarms being summons now, rite's uses are pretty limited. I haven't played Kanen for a while, and I know that Howler's swarm ability still says "spawn," so maybe there is still a use for rite in that theme. But if that's the case, it would be nice if she had a non-Kanen build that let players avoid rite of creation if they wanted--maybe by switching grant sonic aura and rite of creation since they are the same cost.

11. Xuvali

12. RedScarlet

Metallic slag? What kinda role does he have in your BG?

13. Xuvali

Provides some additional magic damage. Is pretty decent in terms of stats.

Hallucinogenic

and calcify most of the time.

Im testing him out still though so we shall see if he gets kept.

14. RedScarlet

Tbh I found him to be squishy even if he has calcify... I'll try to watch some of ur games to see how he goes in meta then...

15. Raikan

The issue w/ slag is that he's overcosted because of distichous. That ability is 12 nora for the possibility (in a split faction bg) of having both surge: enemy and calcify on him, providing that champs from both factions are being deployed regularly. For that possible benefit, the player pays 12 nora, even though both of those abilities will be up in a very narrow set of circumstances and a narrow set of bgs. In comparison, it would cost 14 nora to have surge: enemy (10) and calcify (4) on base. From a design perspective, I don't think it's a good idea to have units pay for abilities that they cannot access (in this case, one of the distichous abilities in any FF bg) and, since distichous is only on 4 units in the whole game, it would make sense to remove the ability imo. Alternatively, putting the ability as an upgrade would make more sense since it is only useful for certain split bgs, and not all bgs. An ability that may be useless in certain bgs should probably not be base.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2014
  16. Aghatoor

Aghatoor I need me some PIE!

http://poxbase.com/deck/ckwc5ac5Yc4Icgqc3xctBcyQcoKcq4C4PCwHc3QCdxs5Qs1ks59S82r2Yr=R2ZrOe1Qe1fe1j

This is my list, very similar than other list that i found here (i only miss one angel to complete my BG), but i was thinking about one other kind of build, this one:

http://poxbase.com/deck/ckwc5ac4Ic3xcoKcq4ChpC4PCdvcf0CwHCdxs5Qs1kS7ts59S82r2Yr=r2ZrOe1fe1j

It's still a meta BG, but with 8 slags in and 2 slag slops: voltaics, ancient and metallics are very strong itself, so i put in also 2 oozeking and one overmind in order to have more support for them. I don't know if it would work, but it seems still good. What do u think about it? It's simply strange, or it can be good?:)

17. Xuvali

It has some potential. When i get home I'll test it out and see. (In Glasgow for work until saturday)

18. Raikan

Oozeking seems very expensive for a relatively low damage champ with (imo) relatively lower survivability (I know...absorb and 3 def is good, but it's only 45 hp). Without him, Slag Overmind doesn't seem quite worth the cost compared to transporter (cheaper, brings detect, both have relocate, similar stats but slightly less ap, more mobile because of flight). I still think distichous IS/SP is massively overpriced (12 nora to sometimes get a 10 nora ability or a 4 nora ability) and should be removed as a base ability since it only is usable in certain bgs, but metallic slag is otherwise awesome: fascinate, hallucinogenic, magic damage, decent stats and works well w/ rock trap.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2014
  19. RedScarlet

Anyone using Soothsayer? I find him quite good with Battlemaster from Dirge, Declare Target from Taskmaster, Banner bonuses, he gets to hit quite hard at 75 nora 4-6RNG with 50ish HP.

But the winner is still P.Doombringer lol

Oh, and who here still uses Sauropod? I think he's quite outdated, 2x2s are everywhere, Colossal is almost useless imo.

20. Xuvali

I still find him very useful.

Trash aoe size is awesome on a 2x2