Spirit of the mountain

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by exiledtyrant, Apr 12, 2014.

1. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

You got it! :) Adds to his surge also.

2. Prami

Prami I need me some PIE!

LoL is pretty prevalent, and you still have to protect it from spot removal (also common). Try it yourself. It's fun in the odd match where your opponent can't get rid of it, but it's not the most viable stratage there is.

Even without spot removal, your opponent will just put out something cheaper than the 111+ Nora you spent on the combo and content the font with it, because pretty much anything can kill the Manifestation in 1 turn.

3. Raikan

Raikan I need me some PIE!

Illusions have a lot of great uses. Aside from clogging the map and forcing your opponent to waste AP, they can grab nora globes, drop relics, and help with surge. SP makes great use of illusions through lightning rod, and each illusion is a 5 nora refund for a KF thorn collection. They don't need damage or spell presence or anything else to be useful.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2014
  4. Prami

Except that most of us think that Thorn Collection shouldn't trigger off of illusions.

5. RedDain

RedDain I need me some PIE!

"Most of us"?? No, not most of us.

6. RedDain

I am certainly amused to see Prami lecturing Gemma... lol

7. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

I've taken notes. If only more people with Prami's expertise and high winrate could coach me.

8. Prami

I love how the remaining players use terms that refer to Pox Nora as some sort of competitive sport. On some level, you have to realize that this isn't a balanced skill based game.

As for Thorn Collection; the number one complaint i hear about the spell, after it granting Nora immediately, is that it triggers off of Illusions. I would love to hear reasonable justification as to why this should remain as is.

Illusions take a single point of damage before they die, so they should be contributing .5 Nora each to the spell refund, right? Nothing else takes full damage if it doesn't have Health left to spare.

9. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

Why do you keep with your assertions when you obviously do not understand the game mechanics? that last paragraph is so glaringly wrong that I don't even understand how could you come to write that.

10. Prami

What's wrong about it?

11. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

If you lecture other people about the game you can find what's wrong by yourself.

12. Prami

Sorry mate, i must have missed a few classes for that degree in Poxology. I only care about how the game immediately appears to function, nothing else matters. If it's not intuitive then it's broken.

So far as I'm concerned, Illusions should display 1HP to their owners and have LoL affect them like any other source of damage.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2014
  13. RedDain

Fixed that for ya. Oh, and you set the bar quite low.

14. Prami

If you're trying to sell a game that only appeals to the highest denominator, then you are going to have a very bad time. The bar should be set as low as it can be without sacrificing the essence of the game, but you don't seem to grasp this point.

15. exiledtyrant

exiledtyrant Active Member

I agree that abilities should be intuitive. If not just for the confusion, but also the risk of buyers remorse when you get a rune that says one thing and does another. Honestly its the reason I stopped playing Magic the gathering online as the bugs and vague texts would screw me over a lot. I always play high risk high reward and when text says thing and another happens it is very frustrating.

Anyway it was neat learning about the rune. I remember playing against on release and someone managed to cover almost the entire board with I never bothered to find out how or what makes the rune tick.