Spirits Beyond Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Split Faction' started by Xuldorl, Mar 31, 2016.

?

What is your favorite of the split themes in Spirits Beyond?

1. The Arroyo (FW/SP)

7 vote(s)
    30.4%
  2. The.. various split faction monks we got (FS/ST)

7 vote(s)
    30.4%
  3. The Naria (KF/UD)

5 vote(s)
    21.7%
  4. The Valdaci (IS/SL)

3 vote(s)
    13.0%
  5. I don't really care for any of them.

1 vote(s)
    4.3%
  1. Xuldorl

Xuldorl I need me some PIE!

Im looking to see what people's thoughts are on the various split faction runes, as individual runes and as themes, introduced in this expansion.

2. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

From a pure strength perspective I think the Valdaci are the strongest. From a theme perspective I like the arroyo the best. From the potential to build them various ways, the Naria stand out, and I like how easy it is to slot the monks into a variety of FS and ST bgs.

Goyo and Ohmin like this.
  3. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

I like the art. The expansion feels similar to the Maljaran Frontier expansion in that they introduced a lot of new abilities and concepts into existing factions, that do not necessarily have reliable pvp competitive synergy yet. (There are some filler champs that are not really competitive, but will help you stay in your theme) Many of the equipment's released look like they are going straight into the shoe box.

Is d'liem going to show up in ud now? Is sp going to start getting dmz? Are my big questions.

The song that popped into my head when i read Cull the Weak

4. Xuldorl

Xuldorl I need me some PIE!

Might as well throw in my 10 cents.

As a long times UD player, and as one who has recently been won over by De'lim, I adore the Naria. I think their flavor and mix is a wonderful one, and I would like to see it explored further. I even made a suggestion that would pair well with them. From a mechanical standpoint, I like them, and have incorporated them into my gameplay. It isn't perfect, but they are solid, replacing the majority of my elves. Also, I have found the Mysterious Hooded Elf to be helpful paired with them, as summoning him will grant him bonus damage and them often an opportunity to attack an additional time.

The Valdaci, I've 0 experience in. I find some interest in their theme, but it isn't something I'd play. I knew someone who played SL when they first started (back in the days when you could only have a 20 rune BG), and when they returned later went IS. If they returned again, they might use a few of these, but.. I don't know. They aren't for me, but there is certainly a niche for them.

The Arroyo are something I love, and were I in a phase where I was playing a spirit or elemental battlegroup, I might of embraced them wholly. As it stands, I place them just below the Naria in my interests. Enough for a secondary battlegroup, but not for something to main in.

The monks, are.... cool? I don't care for them. It is a theme I dabbled in and decided it wasn't for me. Maybe if I do a UD/ST mix I'd include them for a monk BG. But, that isn't likely to be any time soon.

5. Pylat

Pylat The King of Potatoes

Arroyo look super cool and are the main/only reason why I'd ever play FW (ok in all honesty, the more I look at them, the more I like spirits. Everyone having Vaporize sounds hilarious.) I'm looking to start playing them, but I don't have any experience in anything but SP and IS.

Valdaci I use, and I like them a lot. I run them in a full IS deck, because I just assumed them being constructs gave them more synergy in IS than in SL. They really combo well off of one another. I haven't seen a symbiotic deck like it since Moga, and Moga is only beneficial for one party, lol.

Naria look cool for sure, but I just don't like KF that much.

The monks are cool in that they have cool abilities and such, but I can't see myself using them, really. If anything, I might use them for a ST bg one day, but that's because the idea of a Nohkan Do bg tickles me.