Split Personality was nerfed way too hard.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mw24, Jun 16, 2015.

1. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

The spell didn't seem too powerful after its latest cost increase in the first place imo. Reducing the duration to 2 turns while keeping its cost at 35 nora was a terrible idea. I think the main reason UD too strong was because of how ridiculous the fire phoenix was and how strong maxxarek was/is once he gets dark summons going. Split personality seemed relatively balanced to me, especially compared to spells like blizzard cloak, righteous deflection, protection, bubble of protection, etc. Even more so in UD a faction that generally lacks powerful ranged units, healing, and cleanse.

Split personality needs a cost reduction... -___-

2. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- Nah...bodyguard-masochism-split personality-sac/retri on grimlic/vothsairs was just getting too lame

3. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

You could make a statement like this for every faction in the game, every faction has strong runes.

Split personality seemed like it was in a good spot at 35 nora, maybe 40 nora woulda been better. At 2 turns though it should be under 30 nora, it's power has been reduced by nearly 50%.

4. Thbigchief

- Just rewarded bad play too much

Anima26, JellyBerry, Qucas and 4 others like this.
  5. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

I don't mind the turn duration change much but at the same nora cost it makes no sense.

6. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

It's still borderline OP.

7. claydude5

claydude5 The King of Potatoes

lol this entire thread was nuked by a certain mod. All I did was call out mw for insulting people and my post gets deleted because of it? These mods...

8. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

certain mod also deleted the posts by MW it seems, making it so it never happened. Nothing wrong with that, eh?

9. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

Escape the matrix! "Agents" keep changing things.

JaceDragon, Qucas and claydude5 like this.
  10. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

The nerf seems to have worked OK, I would still include it in the majority of decks.

One thing that bothers me though, is a lack of a sound or graphic to show that it has triggered - at the moment it is easy to miss and is confusing for newbies as they don't understand what is going on.

Anima26, saromon50, Qucas and 3 others like this.
  11. Revengercm

Revengercm I need me some PIE!

Nah. For me I would use it at 40 nora and being 4 turns.

12. Thbigchief

- Feedback is a long standing issue...people put the focus on the combat log but it's really a game board interface issue. The combat log should be a last resort for immediate info on whats happening turn to turn.

- I always thought the spell should (if not hidden effect) be a pop up in the middle of the screen as it's cast and then a graphic on the champ if any affected. Then as a hidden spell is triggered it pops up in the center of the screen in text. Large text in the center of screen Fades in and then fades out... as spell graphic happens with sound.

Fentum likes this.
  13. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

It wasn't any different than the other spells that I mentioned that are arguably stronger and in factions with much more support such as cleanse, healing, powerful ranged units, and buffs.

14. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

A simple bit of red text hovering above the champ for a second might work.

Anima26 likes this.
  15. Dresnar20365988

Dresnar20365988 Devotee of the Blood Owl

The spell as is is in a great spot. My 70% win rate with UD is still going strong.

16. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

compared to spells like righteous deflection and bubble of protection??? if you used it versus me im sure your winrate would decrease just a bit...

17. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

Cool story dude

18. Leogratz

Leogratz Devotee of the Blood Owl

Well, the way it is, hidden and all, it is almost a single target damage spell(but LOL!) with a CC component, like hammer strike or so... Good enough for 35 Nora.

The CC on it is - your AP will not serve to attack. Really good on hard hitters or swarmers, first case for the damage, second case because most of time they are the planned last hitters, which may end up in a failure one rounding.

19. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Most of the recommendations actually suggested more of a nerf. I went "easy" on it, relatively speaking.

Anima26, darklord48 and SPiEkY like this.
  20. Leogratz

Leogratz Devotee of the Blood Owl

RD - who, these days, do not test for RD with a low damage ranged unit with safe HP against IS? Good, hidden, but not as punishing as Split persona, unless you are as good as the AI.

Bubble - buffer open for everyone to see. At the moment it is deployed, your enemy will review his priorities, simply because it is not hidden. He will know how many extra hits your champ may endure and react accordingly. Useful, but with a good margin of reaction from your opponent.

Split persona can prevent 30+
    damage from a double tap while doing half or all of it to this bulldozer champ if used right... Also, the opponent will have to react and recalculate everything with his timer going. Considering this(which is just my humble perception) I think Split persona is at least a Tier above both spells you mentioned in terms of advantage given per Nora.

Karmavore and PhdNiceGuy like this.