Split Personality was nerfed way too hard.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mw24, Jun 16, 2015.

1. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

most of the reccomendations from who?... lmao

Look at obelus, bubble of protection, and righteous deflection, lol.

@Sokolov You really should pick and choose who you listen to on issues like this, I am not saying I know everything but some players have a better understanding of what they are talking about in certain areas than others. Just listening to the noise and making a judgement democratically is a bad idea when it comes to balancing.

Honestly I think if devilsrath had the time and the power over balance, he could probably make a ton of progress towards getting the game properly balanced, working along with the devs. he has more understanding of each faction than almost anyone else. Tinydragon too, and to a lesser extent several other players.

One of the main problems with the game right now is the outliers, still way too many shoebox runes or broken overpowered runes.(coalitions added to this)
    Also many abilities need their costs adjusted or need to be altered. Fixing these problems would not be that time consuming if done properly but at the same time would help the game a tremendous amount and increase the diversity of runes being run even more.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2015
  2. Leogratz

Leogratz Devotee of the Blood Owl

@mw24

Obelus. Obelus does not prevent damage on your champ, and other than the initial 14 damage, your opponent will choose if the trade off is good for him.

On a side note, as far as I've heard, Tiny knows more of imbalance than of balance...

3. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

obelus lasts 6 turns, is hidden until activated similar to split personality, and activates on any ability including basic attacks. Prior to its nerf split personality was just a different form of obelus and righteous deflection.

Tinydragon and Devilsrath have mastered this game unlike anyone else who currently plays it. They play OP runes because op runes increase their win % and that's what their opponents play but regardless of what they play, they are still the best, and know the most about the game.

4. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Alright, Tiny and Devils are durn good, but "mastered" is a bit of a stretch.

5. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

I don't think so, they could of course always improve until the day they stopped playing but in comparison to everyone else who plays past or present I think they have mastered the game. They are currently at the highest level of skill compared to everyone else.

6. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

You have an odd definition of mastering something.

JellyBerry likes this.
  7. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

They are the best at this game and have attained the highest level of skill.(currently) wtf does mastering something mean to you?

8. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Yesterday, I mastered taking a shower -- of all the people using that shower at that particular time, I was the most showering.

themacca, Karmavore, KingJad and 7 others like this.
  9. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Best at the game and highest level of skill do not mean the same thing.

SPiEkY likes this.
  10. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

being a master at something is relative. For example if you called bruce lee a master in whatever martial art discipline he studied it would be because of his knowledge and skill compared to the other martial artists. Just because technically it would be possible to surpass that to even greater heights doesn't mean that he wasn't a master. Just using him as an example to explain my point.

11. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

We havin' a giggle, mate, nobody here is actually spoiling for Semantics 101 with MW24.

12. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Ty Cobb had a career batting average of .3664, better than any other baseball player in MLB history. He definitely had the most skill at hitting a baseball. Did he master hitting a baseball? No. He was barely hitting more than 1 out of 3.

SPiEkY likes this.
  13. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Master has different connotations when a noun as opposed to a verb; there are many chess masters, but noone has mastered chess.

darklord48 likes this.
  14. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Wouldn't this be a great example? People recommended harsher nerfs... and I didn't do it?

BigToastie and limone1981 like this.
  15. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I think what MW means is to pick and choose him and ignore all the other ignorant rabble.

16. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

me or someone else who is highly skilled and or knowledgeable at this particular faction, lol. I reccomend dzso, devilsrath, or agirgis.(idk about agirgis he just started playing again)
    these the best for advisors for UD i can think of off the top of my head.

Also agirgis is now abusing stitched if you want to see why they should be nerfed. I am dodging him and dmr who is abusing haunting spirit...

Last edited: Jun 17, 2015
  17. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

18. Leogratz

Leogratz Devotee of the Blood Owl

@mw24

Out of sheer curiosity, and with a most likely deep future regret, what you think Split persona should be like?

19. JellyBerry

JellyBerry Forum Royalty

You can't possibly do both at once.

WhatTheHex, themacca and SPiEkY like this.
  20. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

It's funny that people still say stuff like this. You are making a fool out of yourself not me.