Split Personality was nerfed way too hard.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mw24, Jun 16, 2015.

1. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

i've said it before, i'm saying it again- sok doesn't tend to let himself get overrun by zealous or misguided players. from what i can tell he has a pretty solid view of where he wants to go.

i don't just say this because he's consistently shot down or ignored my pleas for a full on 'pede expansion (#SinkOfTheThunderpedes2016), but because from talking to him the sheer number of people he thinks are idiots, badly biased, or have their heads stuck up their asses is enough to convince me that he's, if not the hero we need, the hero we deserve (all love to sok, i think it's good that he's realistic about this. also, i here posit that i speak only for myself and blahhbasabljasbkjhaskd)

remember that he was a player first. remember that he's a pretty intelligent guy that's spent a lot of time on and with this game. will he make things perfect? god no. but with him pox has been more balanced, even if it's suffered for it (i was gonna draw a whole powercreep is a drug/sok is our rehab thing in here but it'd get too off topic and you get the drift anyway)

and actually off topic, i've thought for a few weeks now that MW is more likely than not trolling which leads me to question, again, why people spend time on him? this is a small community. i haven't really played in years (?) and i still know most of you. i assume you guys know most of the people on here too. it's really not that hard to recognize him, to process a very simple thought of "oh well i guess this isn't worth my time", and to move on to the next thing.

i guess feeding the trolls is entertaining in its own way, but really now

DarkJello likes this.
  2. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Key word, other.

3. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

I am not trolling, people just tend to disagree with my attitude, ideas, and strong opinions. Most people only have basic knowledge if that, on many of the subjects discussed. I have spent alot of time learning each faction and am one of the best players at each faction...

I heard you made the game. I am surprised you haven't been following me at least a little bit and don't know this, ive been pretty active...

The trolls would be the ones constantly disagreeing with my post, threads, and ideas that are meant to help the game; and who constantly insult me for their own personal reasons.

I am not polltroy... I am very knowledgeable and highly skilled with each faction, unlike most the people who constantly speak out against what I say.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2015
  4. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

lol, dagda didn't make the game, that was Gedden, Daggan, and Jason

5. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

You abuse/bandwagon/crutch on the most overpowered and broken runes you possibly can to get a high rank.Following that you come to the forum where you cant form a proper and cohesive argument or sentence and claim your high rank as some proof that you know what you are talking about.Well you dont.People like vorian and polltroy and others have managed to get a high rank just like you by using the meta/broken stuff.Reaching a high rank doesnt make you any more understanding or reasonable or gives any kind of validity to your opinion.

By now,almost everyone on the forum has become aware of this except one person who should be aware the most of this,and that is you.And while you may see others as ignorant or hostile to you,that is just your own perception,because i have seen just the opposite of that,everyone still trys to reason and explain things to you,the devs put your name to a rune,i even heard burn accepted you into his guild to help you out.

I hope that one day you break from this silly self-centered perceptions of yours and find some reason and understanding of what is going on here.

WhatTheHex and Karmavore like this.
  6. Dresnar20365988

Dresnar20365988 Devotee of the Blood Owl

It is a shame how many of the regulars to these forums love to post in these types of players threads.

When you spend as much time on here as some of them do unhealthy habits are ultimately the only outcome. Unfortunately I imagine they genuinely enjoy the emergence of a poll troll or MW type of poster. This gives them the forum drama they crave.

It's why forums as a whole are usually such a poor reflection of the actual player base. Those that post the most prolifically are often playing the game in an unhealthy manner.

7. BigToastie

BigToastie The King of Potatoes

To get back on track, Split Personality was over the top previously, I think Sok provided a fair nerf to it, it's still very strong and I'd include it 1x easily with UD decks I wanted to test out.

I do think that it requires an animation when it triggers, possibly a skull laughing on screen or something.
    I have seen people I play against attack again because they didn't realise what happened (and combat logs aren't reliable at present).

Its more for the newer players being able to recognise negative effects happening.

Thbigchief and Fentum like this.
  8. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

Big Toastie makes a lot of sense here. Split Personality was a little OP and is now a good, decently balanced spell. As good as many others, better than some and worse than some. Better or wores than RD, Bubble, etc comes down to the tactical situation, and you proof versus various tactical situations by designing your BG. 1x Split Personality seems good. Not OP and not poor now. Just 'useful'.

The one issue with it is the lack of an 'effect' to note that it has happened.

BigToastie likes this.
  9. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

sort of ironic considering the source, but yeah. i think it's really more that people like to strawman and herd up, and feel good about it. when you've got a single person whose views are not necessarily agreeable, people can flock together against them.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2015
    JellyBerry, SPiEkY and darklord48 like this.
  10. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

I thought people would be smarter than this, I guess not. No point in even responding.

11. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

Lol. More like crab barrel mentality, that's what's really going on.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2015
  12. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

but you already responded

Karmavore likes this.
  13. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

MW being MW nothing to see here. Move along people.

14. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

why is righteous 6 turns but split personality 2 turns at the same nora cost. Makes no sense.

15. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Making multiple threads on this is unnecessary you've brought up this exact thing in your other thread. It'snot even left the front page yet either. Merged with your previous thread.

darklord48 and MEATMAN like this.
  16. limone1981

limone1981 I need me some PIE!

17. WhatTheHex

WhatTheHex The King of Potatoes

Because it doesn't do exactly the same thing?

18. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

split personality prevents 1 unit from attacking. righteous deflection prevents all units from attacking a unit with ranged attacks. Why is 1 6 turns and the other 2, makes no sense.

19. WhatTheHex

WhatTheHex The King of Potatoes

Yes, it makes sense. It is completely different. What else doesn't make sense the fact that 2 + 2 = 4?

20. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

and this is why the devs should not balance democratically.