St runes should be more thematically limited

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DiCEM0nEY, Mar 13, 2017.

1. Excalibur95

Excalibur95 I need me some PIE!

st does not have a small damage problem, leoss with bonuses, red blue fist, etc all the attack abilities on the already decent damage champs.

2. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

yep some theme's like lonx are fine for base damage, and if you are running meta decks I guess this isn't an issue for you.

leoss is eh, they have a cost and speed issue for the most part....but damage is not an issue for sure

3. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

He isn't right. And it is relevant. He said there would be no player creativity, and I corrected him. To old players like you, being creative means breaking the game mechanics. To functional members of society, being creative in pox means choosing the most powerful runes (meta) in a set theme.

4. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

I know you have me blocked but you are a strange one, like if you told me you were Donald Trump posting here between twitter sessions I'd be pretty prone to believe you

5. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

I was speaking slightly hyperbolically, the point is there is less flexibility/creativity the more champs are pidgeonholed. I'm not saying that you can't be creative at all, just that the tendency is towards less.

I'm also not saying this is always a bad thing, a lot of people want to pick up a easy to build theme and jump straight into a fight. I do it all the time.

6. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

I think the amount of creativity lost is a small sacrifice for the advantages themeatic gameplay brings. Like you admit, there is still room for creativity.