St. Semmir's Brew = Yeti Incident 2.0

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mausini, May 20, 2015.

1. Mausini

Mausini I need me some PIE!

Just saying... Trowing Fury around like candy was and never will be a good idea.

2. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Thats what this thing does? Lol.

3. ChiaoLung

ChiaoLung I need me some PIE!

Cleansed, Intoxicated, Fury, and +4 Damage if it's a Dwarf. 30 nora for the equip or "free" if you deploy the Beermaiden.

mortal ix likes this.
  4. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

+2 dmg
    +4 when it is shattered

5. ChiaoLung

If that's true they need to update the description for the equip on the website.

6. Pedeguerra

Lol.
    It's like people dont even care about balance anymore.

7. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

Holy mother of Firk. That thing is batshit insane.

8. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Jace and the website are correct. You are not.

On topic though I agree that Fury on ranged champs is problematic. I would recommend a different ability (Violent or moving away from damage escalation entirely) or splitting the benefit (Melee gets Fury, Ranged gets Y). The former is likely the better option since the latter can be overly complex.

9. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

It's not just about ranged.

Compare it to the draksar racial and cry. This ***** hands it out like candy with cd0 and it gives a ton of other stats/cleanse/whatever on top of fury. ON TOP OF THAT she intoxicates people taking globes, invigorates and shatter/summon ****. For 60 something nora.

Meanwhile an SL spell for 35 nora gives a 25 nora equip or disarms or gives a retardedly bad equip.

Even at 75 nora, she'd be auto include, batshitcrazy all around.

Paladin, Makorov, Netherzen and 3 others like this.
  10. ChiaoLung

Went back and looked again. You're correct. I skimmed it instead of reading it. I apologize.

11. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Absolutely but a huge part of the issue is how quickly damage can ramp up on ranged champs. Ranged champs can afford to spend less AP on movement which translates into more attacks. Fury is still great on melee as has been demonstrated in the past. Its just less so than on ranged. Its very possible that Brewbabe would still be crazy if it only gave Fury to melee. In fact I would be willing to bet that it would be. I just prefer a gradual scaling back of power than run the risk of shoeboxing something that is awesome for theme development.

12. Pedeguerra

This is the kind of thing I hope Sok realizes and starts increasing cost on champs.

13. Beasts for life

Beasts for life I need me some PIE!

So I have to deal with thirst for battle plus fury on those unkillable brewmasters with two cones and tough 2.

14. Moles

Moles Administrator Octopi

luckily we have a patch in the pipeline then eh? :p

15. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

brewmaster isnt that strong even with this, i tried it.
    beermaiden seems too strong but there are other stuff in this patch that are way more overpowered. The new elemental surge abilities, phoenix, beast bgs, the ud relic, rock eater and geomancer still existing, the new sonic greeting champ,dwarven king(warcry) etc. This stuff is broken @Moles

How the hell are the phoenix 80 nora while the weaker dark knight, general korsien, and phylactery bound champs are like 90-100 nora. wtf?

phoenix is the same nora cost as skeletal raider, rofl.

Last edited: May 20, 2015
  16. Mausini

Have you been around while the Yeti incident happened?
    The learning from that particular "event" was.

NEVER EVER MAKE FURY EASILY AND NORA EFFICIENT ACCESSIBLE FOR A MAJOR PART OF A BG.

This is especially true when you can easily heal beefy champs up again or if they have huge hp pools.
    I hope that was understandable.

Last edited: May 20, 2015
    PhdNiceGuy and BurnPyro like this.
  17. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

yeah it is too strong, I was just mentioning that there are many even worse issues that need to be dealt with though.

There are a ton of players in the top rankings abusing the runes i mentioned, not so much beermaiden.

18. Mausini

We are not talking about DK's, Geo's, Phoenix or anything else on your agenda here. This particular thread is about the Brew and perhaps about the Maid too. Open one of your numerous threats for that issues.
    Stick to the topic and give some input that helps solving this particular issue..

19. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

Yeti Incindent

saromon50, SPiEkY, JellyBerry and 2 others like this.
  20. Mausini

You are right. Corrected. Thanks.