ST Suggestions Thread

Discussion in 'Savage Tundra' started by Goyo, Jun 27, 2014.

1. Mausini

Mausini I need me some PIE!

It's not like I am a super good high level player. I just wanted to point out that it was fairly easy to get that rank :)

In my opinion frost amp should affect all kind of frost damage for keeping it consistent. I would prefer to keep the nora cost of the Yeti Spirit and also his ghost form but lower his base hp to 20(?). Like this he still has 35 hp in ff with banner but is way more easy to deal with.

2. Savain

Savain Member

personally i for one would not run him with that much hp as an st champ but i guess something has to change on it.

3. mahesar

mahesar The King of Potatoes

Personally, I'd like to see endless devotion returned to base on the crystal champs. Especially since it's almost always on the same upgrade path as their other good/interesting upgrades.

4. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

As I see it, they want the champs to have less abilities, and as devotion brings a lot of shared abilities, they wanted to at least the base champs are as clean as possible.

Did you try it out? How did you feel it?

5. mahesar

It was the first bg I rebuilt and played with. There's still potential there, but the higher costs of a lot of the champs make it very susceptible to being rushed. If you can make it to mid/late game though, the strength is mostly still there. The main reason I'd like ED back on base is you have to have it to trigger nora gem and spread the various luminescences. Honestly though, if nora gem was seperated from ED and part of the actual luminescence ability, I'd be ok with ED just being an immortality clause as the name implies on upgrades.

Goyo likes this.
  6. RedScarlet

RedScarlet I need me some PIE!

SotM 74 Nora (most likely 74 Nora w/ Dmg Shield:Magic 1, and Boost: Beast 3)
    0/7/1/0/40
    offensive: projection doing a 2x2 Pounce at 10-11DMG if im not mistaken
    split-hero can only have 1
    HP: Nora cost ratio = 0.541

Yeti Spirit 45 Nora (most likely 48 Nora w/ Frost Aura 3, and Death Nova 1)
    0/5/1/0/40
    offensive: Frost Aura 6-10 dmg aoe 2, w/ amp frost
    can have 2
    HP: Nora cost ratio = 0.889

Disturbed Spirit 64 Nora (same 64 Nora w/ Possess 3, and Haunt 2)
    0/4/1/0/30
    offensive: None.
    VULNERABILITY: Magic
    can have 2.
    HP:Nora cost ratio = 0.469
    And moreover, disturbed spirit, while you may argue that his offensive capabilities is really strong via Haunt + Possess, but he has vulnerability magic, so that should be factored in too --> (HP*0.60)/(Nora Cost) = 0.281, because his HP pool can only be reduced by magic damage, and each magic damage is increased +40%, so naturally his HP pool should be reduced by 40%. With that, we arrived at a new HP:Nora cost of 0.281.

Problems with Yeti Spirit
    The only problem that I see with Yeti Spirit is that w/ Warbanner and all, the guy can just sit there at a font and you basically profit from font denial by paying 45 nora, this guy would be 55HP with FF ST and banner. Thats crazy. 55HP only magic hits him, and he just sits there laughing at you for 45 nora.

Its HP:Nora cost ratio without banner or FFST taken into account --> is already 0.889
    so that's the first problem, its BASE HP:Nora cost ratio is almost twice of the other 2 ghost comparable champs

then, comes the problem of a Ghost champ in FF ST. Since Ghost champ relies on survivability via its "you can only hit me with magic".... in FF ST, they get way more benefits since they got +10 raw base HP. I believe ghost champs should have a different nora benchmark ratio for HP because they benefit from larger HP pool way more than non-ghost champs. So that's the second problem: FF ST gives +10HP, and ghost champs really benefits from larger HP pools.

7. Savain

Savain Member

T main issue is the hp and the insane low cost it has, not that only magic damage can hit it, as a player it is up to you to adapt and have answers for things that happen, and considering a lot of not all st players are running spirits right now, magic damage is an auto as far as I am concerned, I dont class incorporeal as the problem, its his cost and hp so in crease its cost and problem solved.

8. s4ndm4ns

s4ndm4ns I need me some PIE!

I would love Jakei Shaman rework into good support unit. Drop the frost amp, add heal champ 1-3 as one upgrade path and Amp/Crystallize/Snow blast on the other. Adjust cost according to algo.

Goyo likes this.
  9. Hiyashi

Hiyashi I need me some PIE!

Decreasing the Spirits HP and/or increasing the cost will likely have one of two outcomes.

1. People consider the change fair and keep playing the Spirit
    Everybody is forced to run magic damage if they want it or not; Some factions/"Theme Decks" have more problems with that than others
    Games stay draw dependant: not drawing your magic damage source against a 1st turn spirit can mess you up
    Big maps with multiple fonts are bothersome since the few champions you have that deal magic damage can't be everywhere
    The magic damage dealer gets Gale-Force-Sandwiched and is dead while the Spirit lives
    Somebody gets the glorious idea to run Mirrored Shields for whatever reason .. it COULD happen! .. maybe.. probably not.
    2. People consider the change unfair and stop playing the Spirit
    Everybody is happy
    Except the Spirit
    He cries in the shoebox
    My guess is that the problem will be fixed by shoeboxing the Yeti Spirit soon, which will be OK, I guess.
    Though if you show me a champion with Immunity: Acid, Immunity: Disease, Immunity: Electricity, Immunity: Fire, Immunity: Frost, Immunity: Physical, Immunity: Poison, Immunity: Psychic, Immunity: Sonic AND a decent nora/HP ratio and then ask my why it might be considered OP... well I'm not going to point at the HP as a reason. I mean sure, the Yeti Spirit is underpriced. But as said above, changing that will either shoebox him if the cost increase is too big or not do anything to help those who are currently frustrated by the Yeti.

As a sidenote: Today I found out that we have Immunity: Voil in the game. The more you know~

10. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

This is a good list, although I don't agree with everything.

11. Savain

Savain Member

immunity voil....hmm thats new one only one i knew of was guarded: voil....

If I remember right we had this problem with yeti spirits before dog took over, and I cant remember what happened frost decks were strong and spirits were deemed op, then suddenly noone ran frost amp or spirits and as you say was classed shoeboxed, and now we have this issue again, I am going to go out on a limb here and assume instead of them tackling the issue they just nerfed it to obliviojn making it shoebox compliant....I hope this doesnt happen and a suitable fix is made to make ppl on both sides happy, nothing worse thana whole theme being abandoned due to a rune change.

Goyo likes this.
  12. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Nice imput :)

13. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Your imput over these suggestions would be top feedback. Would you like to share some thoughs?

14. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

This is a whole text of complain and none of a suggestion to improve the game. What would you do with Incorporeal?

15. Hiyashi

Hiyashi I need me some PIE!

That wasn't me complaining, that was me replying to a suggestion with my thoughts about what the suggested solution would turn out to be. Sorry for the misunderstanding, I guess? As for my suggestion for a possible solution for the Incorporeal.. well.. the answer that you seek lies in one of your threads!

16. mynamehood

mynamehood New Member

I feel like the crystal wolverine is all over the place too (especially in ED bg's). He currently has both rend and eviscerating luminescence, which makes the rend a lot less effective on him, especially rank 1. He also has thirst for battle, but no offensive or defensive abilities, which makes him unable to use it effectively. I'd like to see rend replaced with pounce or evasive (he's a wolf after all).

Also, when crystal crawler swaps, he leaves behind a crystal, trapping the unit he swapped with.

I'm not sure about the overal viability of ED, since I didn't play it enough yet, but they seem a bit overcosted for what they do right now.

Goyo likes this.
  17. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

Lonx beast tamer got kinda butchered, the second upgrade path is really bad I would like if it could be {vitalize, boost beast 2, boost beast 3}

Goyo likes this.
  18. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Old
    Unstoppable 3N
    Surge: Beast 5N
    Boost: Beast (1) 6N

New
    Vitalize 7N
    Boost: Beast (2) 8N
    Boost: Beast (3) 10N

Old Beast Tammer lvl1 = 64N
    New Beast Tammer lvl1 = 68N
    with Invigorate (2) and Boost: Beast (1) = 73N
    with Invigorate (2) and Boost: Beast (3) = 77N

Sounds interesting. The Beast theme would have 2 units with Boost: Beast (3).

19. mahesar

It is strange that the crawler is the only one with trail:crystal on base.

I don't care for the sonic aura on the howler either honestly. When it was an optional upgrade I never took it as it, in my mind, goes against the idea of clustering your crystals together to proc off as many of the abilities as possible or, more to the truth, getting as many of them to proc deafening aura, as that combined with fascination is where so much of the damage builds from. It's a little less fun when you hurt half the of the champs in the cluster every turn because of the aura.

With the wolverine, if splashing, thirst isn't a terrible thing. Granted he does start with no defense, but that jumps by one every time it triggers, so if he survives the first champ or two, he racks up defense fast enough for it to be less of an issue. Also, if you run the Nohkan Guide, you can give Nohkan D0 to him or any of the other champs through train:nohkan. Of course if it's an ED bg then it doesn't matter because ED is on that same path. :(

20. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Thirst of Battle is base on Wolverine, nice imput :)